CM13 bugs and annoyances

1. goldenboyam Donut Dec 7, 2015

boggogo likes this.
  2. Skynet5 Gingerbread Dec 7, 2015

Skynet5, Dec 7, 2015 :
    Major bug found for me.

On CM13, 6th Dec, I cannot dial any short network operator numbers such as voicemail. I'm in the UK and on BT mobile I'll dial 1571. Doing that and I get "unfortunately, telephone has stopped". Once that happens you cant use the phone until a hard reset or a turn airport on off via the power button menu.

Realising it is just short numbers, not standard landlines or mobiles, I started looking at settings.

Found by luck and some trail and error that turning off phone - settings - phone number lookup - reverse lookup fixes the problem. It suggests that its for inbound calls, something that isnt supported anyway in the UK I think, but fixes the crash when dialling network operator numbers such as voicemail.

How do you file a bug with the team?? As this must effect a few.

matssa likes this.
  3. dexnow Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

dexnow, Dec 8, 2015 :
    I think I found a new issue. Calling the Voicemail number (in my case 321) crashes the Telephone app. It works in the background, but I cannot get the number pad or anything to the foreground. I can hangup the call from the notification bar.

Edit: Just noticed that the person above has reported the same issue.

4. Limitbreak Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

Limitbreak, Dec 8, 2015 :
    At least cos13 will be polished and bug free by the time it hits our opo. Cos12.1 runs extremely well, imo wait for cm13 snapshot or cos13. Stay on cos12.1 and have an actual working phone lol :D

5. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

matssa, Dec 8, 2015 :
    Lol COS13 won't be smooth at the beginning, remember how COS12 was at first ^^

6. Limitbreak Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

Limitbreak, Dec 8, 2015 :
    ofc it will be smooth I guarantee it.

7. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

matssa, Dec 8, 2015 :
    Hehe I'll keep this message somewhere and take it out when it will be released (which should be beginning of 2016).

8. absolem Eclair Dec 9, 2015

absolem, Dec 9, 2015 :
    Can not delete or change saved WiFi networks as of 20151208.
    Anyone with the same issue?

CMYK likes this.
  9. radoslav.trahanov Honeycomb Dec 9, 2015

radoslav.trahanov, Dec 9, 2015 :
    The only issue I experience is a huge delay with my hangouts messages, everything else works perfect, gps, network, wifi, call quality etc.

10. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2015

matssa, Dec 9, 2015 :
    Yup have it as well.

CMYK likes this.
  11. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2015

bikas, Dec 9, 2015 :
    If you look at my COS 12.1 bug thread, you'll know your claims are farce.

12. cacaarl Froyo Dec 9, 2015

Attached Files:

13. kennyds Cupcake Dec 9, 2015

kennyds, Dec 9, 2015 :
    I just flashed the latest nightly (12/9) and the GPS really is not working.

When I open up Google Maps it's showing that I'm somewhere else... Location mode is set to "High accuracy", I have tried several "GPS Fix" apps from the Play store but I can't get it to work...

Any help would be appreciated

14. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2015

matssa, Dec 9, 2015 :
    Like I said before in this thread or another thread, try using Device Only, it works for me. I won't explain everything again, but it is possible that the position supplied by WiFi points is wrong (High Accuracy uses open WiFi connections and bluetooth).

15. Arjun ak Cupcake Dec 9, 2015

16. CMYK Honeycomb Dec 9, 2015

CMYK, Dec 9, 2015 :
    It's been like that since the first nightly.

17. chotaire Eclair Dec 10, 2015

chotaire, Dec 10, 2015 :
    This will delete all stored wifi networks (and reset most of the wifi configuration) on cm13:

adb shell
    su -
    rm -rf /data/misc/wifi
    reboot

Please note that restoring wifi networks with Titanium Backup is no longer a good idea because in this case the wifi networks will belong to another user. This is something that needs to be fixed in a future build of Titanium Backup. You can try to manually edit networkHistory.txt in above directory to regain control (change user/group for each network) but I haven't tested it yet. There may be crc issues if you do that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

absolem likes this.
  18. chotaire Eclair Dec 10, 2015

chotaire, Dec 10, 2015 :
    How to fix issue with videos freezing in web browser (cm12/13)

if video playback of this video freezes after a few seconds (using either Chrome or the stock CM browser), then your OPO is affected:

Here is how to permanently fix it:

adb shell
    su -
    echo "av.streaming.offload.enable=false" >> /data/local.prop
    chmod 644 /data/local.prop
    chown root:root /data/local.prop
    reboot

This is dirty flash resistant (except of major upgrades, e.g. file attributes get lost when dirty flashing from cm12.1 to cm13, in this case run the chmod/chown commands again).

You're welcome.
    chot

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

19. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2015

matssa, Dec 10, 2015 :
    Yeah mine doesn't have this issue :)

20. saar_netzer Donut Dec 10, 2015

saar_netzer, Dec 10, 2015 :
    Running with cm-13.0-20151209-NIGHTLY
    When connected to the PC, the phone is identified but I'm unable to see any files or directories on it.
    Any idea what is going on?
    adb debugging via usb is active...