Cobalt/cyberpunk watch faces after global ROM flashing via OnePlus Community App

1. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hi guys
    I bought the Cobalt edition and want to flash the global version. Does anybody know if the special watch faces (cobalt / cyberpunk) remaim after the flashing?

P.s
    I wanted to publish this post under the oneplus watch section but i cannot select this category 🤷

2. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Sep 21, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 21, 2021 :
    It's posted in the correct section. I thought there was only one global watch rom?

3. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Sep 21, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 21, 2021 :
    I would ask OnePlus support directly, because I think no one in forums has tried it :)

puccellino likes this.
  4. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 21, 2021 :
    Thanks for the reply. Its a bit weird, hope someone can clarify. The watch description i bought says its a CN version (pairs only with the HeyTap app since its a CN version), but someone here on the forum bought the watch in India and his watch works out of the box with the OnePlus Health app, so there must be some sort of global ROM for the Cobalt edition as well.

Liehjan likes this.
  5. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 21, 2021 :
    This gets even weirder because when i first asked an online rep about flashing another ROM he said its impossible and when i sent him a link to a post in the forum with a flashing guide he changed his opinion and said it can be done and all the cobalt watch faces will remain. That's why i want to hear from someone who underwent this procedure and lived to tell the tale.

Liehjan likes this.
  6. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 21, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Sep 21, 2021 :
    Maybe he doesn't want you to brick you watch in doing so or was he a support representative!

Liehjan likes this.
  7. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 21, 2021 :
    I asked him to verify if its an official oneplus guide and ifits safe. He said its safe, so don't think there's a failure option

8. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 21, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Sep 21, 2021 :
    As liehjan said you should contact OnePlus directly

Liehjan likes this.
  9. wmm
    KitKat Sep 23, 2021

wmm , Sep 23, 2021 :
    I don't have personal experience with it, but I believe I read in the forum a couple of people lamenting the fact that they had lost their special watch faces by flashing the global ROM.

Liehjan likes this.
  10. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Sep 23, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 23, 2021 :
    That makes sense, It was the same last year when people flashed the global build on the Cyberpunk 8T. They lost the skin.

11. Samhain84
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2021

Samhain84 , Sep 27, 2021 :
    I flashed my cobalt Edition, and the watchfaces are gone. While flashing, you can only choose between the standard Black or silver Version.

Undroid and GamingDoggo_ like this.
  12. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Thanks for the input. Did you use the guide someone has posted here? What color did you choose? Everything works fine and the watch receives updates?

13. Samhain84 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Hey undroid, yes, i used the Guide i found here. Seemed to be a Guide from oneplus itself. I flashed the midnight Black Version, and i had no Problems with Updates etc. Only point which annoyed me, is the missing watchface

Undroid likes this.
  14. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Cool. I emailed the guys who are behind this guide, hopefully they can provide additional information about the global version of the Cobalt edition 🤷

Samhain84 likes this.
  15. Samhain84 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Would be very Nice, if there was a possibility to get the watchfaces back👍

16. Rrrooooom
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2021

Rrrooooom , Oct 3, 2021 :
    Was there any update from those guys? I was about to return the my cobalt CN version to the seller cause of this issue.

17. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 3, 2021 :
    No update, they don't answer anymore. I flashed a global ROM by this guide and lost the special watch faces, but i don't really care about them.

18. Rrrooooom
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2021

Rrrooooom , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 4, 2021 :
    Was it worth it? I'm planning to get a galaxy watch 4 replacing my cobalt, but still unsure about this.

Do you find any bugs or issues when you flashed to global rom?

19. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 4, 2021 :
    In my opinion its worth it since now i can use the OnePlus Health app and not the Chinese heytap + Spotify integration and navigation. I think at the current version b67 there's a bug with the heart rate monitoring, i see some weird spikes to 120-140 from time to time. I don't really care about this and this will probably be fixed in the next version

20. bart877ie
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2021 at 9:15 AM

bart877ie , Oct 19, 2021 at 9:15 AM :
    I was just thinking if its possible to add Cyberunk theme laterto already flashed cobalt model. This would be cool.
    I realy like the specialedition of that watch, especilaytheJohny Silverand charge unit.
    Is theremouch of the difference between heytap vs Oneplus health?