OxygenOS

Combine face unlock & fingerprint

1. rensariens Eclair Feb 28, 2019

rensariens, Feb 28, 2019 :
    Would be a very welcome option to force both fingerprint and face unlock required to unlock the phone. I hope this is something OnePlus could add to oxygen OS.

Is there any way to submit feature requests like this?

pv2b likes this.
  2. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 28, 2019

3. rensariens Eclair Feb 28, 2019

4. Vikas Khandelwal Cupcake Mar 1, 2019

Vikas Khandelwal, Mar 1, 2019 :
    Yesterday my fingerprints and face unlock and pin password was not working I have to reboot the phone and I lost all my data pls help how do I retrieve my data

5. Matt 80 Lollipop Mar 1, 2019

Matt 80, Mar 1, 2019 :
    Your fingerprints are unique to you, no 2 people in the world have ever been found to have the same, so fingerprint unlock is already secure enough.

Face unlock is not a secure feature, it's simply a convenience feature so adding it to the fingerprint unlock would make no sense.

If you really want to submit your suggestion though you can do so here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

6. Wackencorpse KitKat Mar 1, 2019

Wackencorpse, Mar 1, 2019 :
    Why should there be two steps to unlock your phone. I want to unlock my phone asap. Can't understand the meaning behind it

7. LegolasX Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2019

LegolasX, Mar 1, 2019 :
    maybe these people store nuclear codes in their Android phones?

8. pv2b Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

pv2b, Jun 24, 2019 :
    I would like a feature like this. The fingerprint reader by itself is not secure, because you're always leaving your fingerprints on the device which are possible to lift. The face unlock by itself is not secure because it can be easilly fooled (easiest way is just to point the phone at its rightful owner. "Is this your phone?"

Requiring both (or a PIN as a backup) would make it harder to get into a locked phone. (Although of course combining two insecure unlock options doesn't make a secure system.) Perhaps that much harder that you will end up being able to reset the phone through Android Device Manager before anyone can get into the phone.

Meanwhile the phone would not end up much harder to unlock for the rightful owner. The two unlock steps can happen in parallel or in any order. Just touch the sensor and look at the phone to unlock. Easy, I bet you do that anyway almost every time you unlock your phone. So even if it doesn't add much security, why not?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019