come back to 4.7.4

1. xeon101 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

xeon101, Jan 3, 2018 :
    mine just updated 2 days ago... there weren't any problems what so ever...but from today on there are many things causing various issues....
    music control in gesture mode doesn't respond at all.
    1.YouTube is crashing...
    2.Chrome is crashing...
    3. camera output is not great...
    4. music output from headphones not great at all...
    5. calculator should be revamped...
    6. display uniformity issues are so prominent that should be taken care of. (if possible)

these are the probable issues I have faced so far....with my very limited resources....

2. Cho3D Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Cho3D, Jan 3, 2018 :
    how u update so fast? my phone is still on 4.7.4 even when I go to settings and try to update it.

xeon101 likes this.
  3. xeon101 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

4. xeon101 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

xeon101, Jan 3, 2018 :
    now another point

when any updates that doesn't show in your country.....
    just installe opera free vpn.apk and set it to another country e.g. Canada or Germany...and chk your software update....it will show you....if any update is pending or not....

5. xeon101 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

xeon101, Jan 3, 2018 :
    now another point

when any updates that doesn't show in your country.....
    just installe opera free vpn.apk and set it to another country e.g. Canada or Germany...and chk your software update....it will show you....if any update is pending or not....

6. Cho3D Eclair Jan 3, 2018

Cho3D, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I'm in from the U.S and the link only have 4.7.4 not 4.7.6 ;(

xeon101 likes this.
  7. xeon101 Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

xeon101, Jan 3, 2018 :
    try searching thread on 4.7.6 and 5.0.1 it will show you how....to install.... good luck

8. Hydra Bob Lollipop Jan 3, 2018

xeon101 likes this.
  9. sweetberrywine Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

sweetberrywine, Jan 3, 2018 :
    If you're able to restore backups from TWRP recovery (in case something goes wrong) you might want to try to repair the file system there. Also deleting all caches in those apps or even reinstalling them.

xeon101 likes this.
  10. allisterr Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

allisterr, Jan 3, 2018 :
    It's a shame that the ''updates'' make people want to downgrade and go back. Makes you wonder what the purpose of the update was and what they spent their time and effort doing.

I haven't been offered any updates since 4.7.4. Hopefully the next update is bug free. I'll wait a bit for a bug free update.

xeon101 and Hydra Bob like this.
  11. G_Noah_Anderson_KJJU Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

xeon101 likes this.
  12. Patil mahesh Donut Jan 3, 2018

13. sweetberrywine Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

sweetberrywine, Jan 3, 2018 :
    no such thing as bug-free!

as long as there is software, there will be bugs.

The questions become:

Is it a bug?
    If so, how quickly so the devs fix with updates?
    Is it software or hardware related?
    Is the bug substantial or am I just annoyed too easily?
    What are my expectations?

Never Settle --> Deal With It

Actually, (and trust me, I'm not hatin' here), I think "Never Settle" is really about hardware, specs and build quality.

But because this phone has so much damn RAM, the 835 processor, and nice build quality, it's just a matter of time before some combination of a tight ROM and some kind of hackery slides it into a sweet spot that I will stick with for*years*.

So far I have no major complaints. This phone is fast as hell and fun to mess with.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  14. allisterr Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

allisterr, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Relatively bug free, OBVIOUSLY what is always implied is in relation to the previous software version. With any type of OS we encounter in life.

Nevertheless I don't think never settle even applies to the hardware in its entirety.

They obviously settled with the camera hardware or made some bad decisions in that department.

My advice would have been to rather use 1 camera like the pixel 2 and do it well instead of two average cameras. They could loose the one lense and then spend that money on OIS and laser autofocus and other stabilisation measures but mostly try to improve the camera algorithms to get it closer to other flagships.

And before jumping to the glory of EIS the cropping factor is annoying. Especially if you are travelling and prefer to get more in the shot.

The speakers are in a bad position, when you want to play games or watch videos It's either; your hand covers the speaker and you hear almost nothing or sure you can turn the phone around and then lock the screen every 5 seconds because the power button is where your hand would usually be to hold the pone. That's annoying if you watch many videos in landscape or play games or perhaps someone has tiny hands and it doesn't matter.

Besides that it's a decent phone, works really fast and everything. I'm sure they'll be forced to make hardware changes for the next one. Since they running at a 6 month product life cycle they probably don't have time to perfect everything before releasing the product.

15. allisterr Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

allisterr, Jan 3, 2018 :
    But I agree the processor, ram combo could keep someone happy for years as the rom development seems to be really good for oneplus after they stop pushing updates. Better than in the case of other manufacturers

16. vpjoshi007 Froyo Jan 3, 2018

vpjoshi007, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Download version 4.7.4 from there:

http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-5t/oneplus_5t_oxygenos_4.7.4/

once download is complete, cut file from download folder and move it to the Internal storage (root folder) or very first folder

now go-to settings >> System update

on top right there is configuration button (small wheel icon) touch to that, and select local update.

now select the zip file which you have downloaded from above link and done.

system will install zip by its own the way it do other versions OTG update and will reboot.

you should also clear cache file by reboot to recovery mode to work this version better

initially after update there will be rapid drain of 5 to 10 percent of battery in an hour but don't panic allow 1 or 2 battery charge cycle to get this version stable.

Thank!
    Cheers.

M1512985747628 likes this.
  17. vpjoshi007 Froyo Jan 3, 2018

vpjoshi007, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Download version 4.7.4 from there:

http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-5t/oneplus_5t_oxygenos_4.7.4/

once download is complete, cut file from download folder and move it to the Internal storage (root folder) or very first folder

now go-to settings >> System update

on top right there is configuration button (small wheel icon) touch to that, and select local update.

now select the zip file which you have downloaded from above link and done.

system will install zip by its own the way it do other versions OTG update and will reboot.

you should also clear cache file by reboot to recovery mode to work this version better

initially after update there will be rapid drain of 5 to 10 percent of battery in an hour but don't panic allow 1 or 2 battery charge cycle to get this version stable.

Thank!
    Cheers.

Vazgen112 likes this.
  18. G_Rowen_Hendrikson_GDYj Donut Jan 3, 2018

19. G_Rowen_Hendrikson_GDYj Donut Jan 3, 2018

Ahridok likes this.
  20. NerdicEclipse Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

NerdicEclipse, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Can't say that's true for me. So far the latest and greatest stable build is... well, the latest and greatest.