Come check out OnePlus Buds!

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Aug 11, 2020

Gary C. , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hey guys,

We're excited to bring our first true wireless Bluetooth headset to you. Some of you might have already heard and experienced the comfort of wireless and burdenless audio with the new OnePlus Buds. We're here with some instructions on pairing them with your OnePlus device:

To pair your device :
    1. Log in to your mobile Google account.
    2. Before pairing, please enable GPS location, Wi-Fi / Mobile data*, and Bluetooth in the notification bar menu or phone settings.
    3. While the buds are inside the charging box, open the charging box and press and hold the setup button for 2 seconds. The indicator light of the charging box will flash white. The buds will then be available for pairing.
    4. A pop-up window will appear on the phone (please place the phone and headset within 50cm), click the pop-up window to pair the new device.

Connect to previously connected devices:
    1. Log in to your mobile Google account.
    2. Before reconnecting the device, please enable GPS location, Wi-Fi / Mobile data*, and Bluetooth in the notification bar menu or phone settings.
    3. While the bud(s) are inside the charging box, open the charging box, the buds will automatically reconnect to the device every time they are turned on.
    4. If the reconnection fails, open the Bluetooth settings on the device, tap previously connected devices and search for OnePlus Buds, and tap the buds to connect them.
    * GPS location and Wi-Fi / Mobile data are needed for the Fast Pair feature to work, as this is a requirement for a BLE connection to be established.

Pop-up window

The pop-up window is now available on the OnePlus 6 and newer models. To try this feature out, please update the system to the latest version under Settings > System > System Updates.

To pair the device with the buds successfully, please enable your location, mobile data, or Wi-Fi network beforehand.

OnePlus Buds pop-up window.png

* Device models with Android 6.0 and above will see a Fast Pair pairing pop-up window. Device models with Android 10 and above will see a pop-up window with the battery info of earbuds and charging box after a successful connection.

You can update the system to the latest version to enable new functions, including:
    1. OTA function
    2. Double tap to customize function
    3. Game Mode low latency
    Some devices are still in the process of OTA, stay tuned!
    Let us know about your experience and feedback related to OnePlus Buds. We'd love to hear it!

Never Settle.

2. FlugzeugSK
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

3. Rohanx141
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

4. chinmaydhingra
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

5. 97pratyush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2020

6. 97pratyush

7. GDanielRO
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

GDanielRO , Aug 11, 2020 :
    How can this be so fast out of stock?
    And on the day when they all should be available, grey is coming soon.

Btw, is it ok to order now from Europe?

9. D1597146408336
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

10. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Lots of people are in que to have their hands on the buds.
    Few are complaining about their comfort as they are addicted to silicon tips.
    Hope the Gray & blue are available in market soon.

Thanks for sharing @Gary C.

11. csohic
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

mlwright9660 likes this.
  12. Nikhil_Vardhan
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Nikhil_Vardhan , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I'm facing this issue with the buds. If I'm using only one bud the other bud is showing error which is placed in case. There is no indication of charging of the other bud
    1597146708725.jpg

13. AdrianLewis
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

AdrianLewis , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Any update on the availability of the OnePlus Buds (Grey) in India? Also, I had a a chance to check out a demo of the Buds in the Experience Store, and I must say, I was super pleased with the quality of the sound (when compared to the previous wireless earphones by OnePlus) and the fit as well to my surprise! The only downfall I have to these is the fact that it has very limited touch controls, even when paired to a OnePlus device. Could / would this functionality be addressed in an OTA update?

drjose, Yashu1797, Snehilll and 6 others like this.
  14. Jimit19!
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

MazdaZohaib likes this.
  15. Preceptor

rohitvarma1986 likes this.
  16. Oreo2201

MazdaZohaib and rasulkhan7 like this.
  17. FlugzeugSK
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

FlugzeugSK , Aug 11, 2020 :
    sure, which color do you want ?
    then can you do me a favor and give me free OnePlus 8Pro ???

aaaaaw man!
    find a job, earn money, buy the stuff, and pay the bills like anyone else.
    NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS FREE !

Mo.124, lane_, AnanthanAs and 17 others like this.
  18. Atul Menon
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

19. MAHES_948
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

Yashchhn980 likes this.