Come on sell it to me...

1. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

betamax_bandit , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I'm still undecided.

I've been hanging around here for a few days, read/watched numerous reviews and I'm still yet to make my mind up.

Pros;

• Awesome hardware
    • Fantastic value
    • Looks great

The specs of this phone are off the wall, especially for the price. I was looking at the Nexus 5 previously as the upcoming Nexus 6 is out of my pricerange. The looks of the phone are great if not slightly bigger than what I'd usually want, saying that, for the hardware that's easily overlooked.

Cons;

• Waiting times
    • Camera worries
    • Yellow tint...
    • UK LTE/4G support (for most carriers)

Now, as mentioned I've been doing my homework, the yellow tint issue seems to be fixable to a certain level with display tinkering. The camera on the overhand could just be due to Cyanogen's camera app, just having so many options basically. Waiting times, well that applies to everyone so you can't really complain about that..

The fact that the bandwidth my carrier runs on doesn't have OPO support isn't too much of an issue as O2 don't have great 4G coverage in Northern Ireland anyway.

So, are there any other factors worth mulling over? I'd like to hear mainly from UK users but any replies are welcome!

Cheers

DavidHolden likes this.
  2. laserjet
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

laserjet , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Get it.

Done

Next case please!

In all seriousness, the yellow tint/camera are not really cons. I dont have the yellow tint.

3. laserjet
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

4. ihardcore
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

5. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

Yeah, I figured that. I think I'm going to go for it, just send too good to miss out on for Android lovers.

6. Ed32801
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

7. richarddlt
    Eclair Oct 22, 2014

richarddlt , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Sadly I won't be able to make Monday's window for buying due to work commitments. Would someone @ oneplus be so kind to send me an invite and take my money?

8. racerx67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2014

racerx67 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Edited for you...... I suggest you do some more homework... I did quite a bit and was happy until colour was removed and the colours on the screen were garbage and made the phone a joke... I got rid of the phone after that... I work for a living and not in an office or at a desk I actually work so I had no time to play with a substandard phone....

9. Hatha807
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Hatha807 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I'm right there with ya betamax. Been waiting for new Nexus to come out but 650 is too much. I NEED a new phone but relatively inexpensive.

Once I started researching this phone ( which my cousin has and recommends ) I was getting some negative questions from reading this site, but over @ XDA-developers, there's a good long 70 page thread and it seems that most people are really happy with the phone who came from Nexus 5, HTC M7 and M8's, G3, and Note3.

From the sampling of veteran XDA members, the issues that popped up seemed to me to be be overrepresented on this site, or correctable. Unless I end up getting a real lemon 1+1, it appears to be a real solid phone for the price.

I haven't tried to buy the 1+1 yet, but I already ordered a case.

betamax_bandit likes this.
  10. maurini
    Nougat Oct 22, 2014

maurini , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Mine is prefect... no issues...

11. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

@racerx67 I guess there will always people who may get faulty handsets etc and I understand when you're busy all the time you can't get time to solve issues. Personally I doubt I'd run the Cyanogen ROM for long anyway, so I doubt I'd get half the trouble you've experienced.

Thanks for that reply @Hatha807, I get what you say about this forum, it's certainly not much like XDA that's for sure. I've use XDA when I've had problems in the past with various Android problems and have always found most issues can be fixed by reading relevant existing threads.

12. rathernicelydone
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

rathernicelydone , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Mine took about two weeks to arrive, doesn't have any battery or yellow tint problems and I'm using it with Voda so no 4G but still fast enough. You should carefully consider if you can live without any phone support or not (al Giffgaff)...

13. betamax_bandit
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

I haven't had support on any of my handsets, yet I also didn't have any issues with any of them either, so yeah that's a factor too.

14. BannWorthRulz
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

BannWorthRulz , Oct 22, 2014 :
    My only con with this phone is the light yellowing on white backgrounds. If I'm not paying attention to it then its bearable but when I do see it it bothers me. I've heard about UV lighting getting rid of it but not sure about that.

I honestly don't have an issue with the camera it serves its purpose.

I use metropcs and the the LTE Network is great.

Battery life last me all day. I take my phone off the charger at 7am and do not put it back on till 10-11pm and I still have battery power to last me the rest of the night if needed.

I know people have had a lot of issues but for the ones who don't I'm sure they would recommend this phone over any other.

15. Hatha807
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Hatha807 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I leaned on XDA site b/c I can see it's a product neutral environment, and anybody posting there that's been around a few years is a real person with his honest opinions good or bad. Almost all the youtube videos have been positive. On company sponsored site like this, it's a bit harder to know if real people are on here, or a bunch of Samsung people knocking the phone.

It helped that my cousin owns the phone since early release. But I haven't actually gotten to use the phone b/c he lives quite a distance away.

His summary is it's a great device, that he hasn't seen many bugs. Every now and again it has random restarts but that's very infrequent and usually when charging the device. Every android device I've owned has occasional freezes and restarts. Even my Nexus 7 will do that from time to time and that's pure Android from Google.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll pick one of these up and hope it's a keeper! My current android phone HTC Sensation and is 3 1/2 years from release date and just about utterly useless. I'd like a phone that works more like my N7 tablet without the N6 price.

16. tia
    Donut Oct 22, 2014

tia , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I need a one plus can someone send me an invite please.

17. DavidHolden
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2014

18. Iseek1
    KitKat Oct 25, 2014

Iseek1 , Oct 25, 2014 :
    I've got ONE and I love it and I'm keepin it and its's awesome and it's everything I expected and I would buy it again and it's a great experience, know what I'm sayin'

19. Alramadhaa1
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2014

Alramadhaa1 , Oct 25, 2014 :
    Lool

20. Sicklidz
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2014

Sicklidz , Oct 25, 2014 :
    I've had my OPO for about 4 days now....
    The screen is absolutely stunning and the camera catches beautiful pictures with amazing color, detail and sharpness. (No yellowing whatsoever, anywhere)
    It zips!! Handling multiple open apps seemlessly as I switch back and forth between them.
    It's light, thin and for its overall size fits very nicely in the hand (my old phone was a note 2 so my opinion is based on comparison)
    It's loud! Much louder than my Note 2. Although the sound from the speakers on my OPO are somewhat crackly at max volume when using speakerphone.
    Best call clarity I've ever had. On every call I've made/received I can hear every word loud and clear.

Bundle all that with the price point and sheer beauty of the device and make an informed decision.....