Coming From An iPhone 5 And Thoughts On 38R...

1. Anirox
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

Anirox , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Once I finally got an android phone I hit myself for owning an iphone for so long.

2. Moon93
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

Moon93 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    better to wait

3. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Yep, gotta love the OPO's "Do you feel lucky, punk?" attitude with the touchscreen.

Linanc7 and Cardiiiii like this.
  4. Mrfantastic
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2014

Mrfantastic , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Denied "android system" where did you hear to do that? The spinning logo basically meant you needed to reboot. But you have to be really careful on what you deny to do...

5. Cardiiiii
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

Cardiiiii , Oct 11, 2014 :
    There were some posts complaining that Google Play Services was using a large chunk of battery and the solution is to set the 'keep awake' flag to 'deny'. I would sometimes have Android OS or Android System using up a large chunk of battery, sometimes over 50%. This was very infrequent but I thought setting the flag to 'deny' would solve this issue, but it just caused more issues so I reverted back to default.

6. advocateishantchopra
    Lollipop Oct 11, 2014

7. Linanc7
    Lollipop Oct 11, 2014

Linanc7 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    LOL- I think my OPO calls me punk multiple times a day. Pretty sure it does the ' eye roll' too.

Spanky79 and vantt1 like this.
  8. akhil4299
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

akhil4299 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I guess that is done intentionally so that you don't have a flashing screen if you stand in place with flickering lights like if you are moving in a car and all those advertisement lights keep coming every now and then or the disco lights. Otherwise one would be really annoyed if the screen just changes the brightness too rapidly to the changing lights.

9. punith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

10. ezequielin2580
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

11. johnskwong
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

johnskwong , Oct 11, 2014 :
    w

12. johnskwong
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

13. Aikimaniac
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

Aikimaniac , Oct 11, 2014 :
    hello, can you share your thoughs and opinions on android (CM) based smartphone since you can compare them? no need for deeper analysis..just brief opinion from user pow..thanks alot..

14. bestlands
    KitKat Oct 11, 2014

bestlands , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Now that's a true review, bookmarked

Cardiiiii likes this.
  15. Cardiiiii
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

Everything else I own is Apple (iPad, Macbook & iMac, Apple TV). Android and iOS are so close together now in terms of usability, app store, etc. that is boils down to a personal choice. The main reason for me switching over was battery life and to a lesser extent, price. My MBP is 5 years now, and I'm looking to upgrade sometime in the next year and didn't want to waste A$1250 on an iPhone 6 Plus. I went from 3GS to Nexus Prime to iPhone 5 back to OPO. I just pick what is right for me at that point in time because they are so close together, price apart, unlike the gaping hole of a difference between Windows and OSX.

16. Cardiiiii
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

Like I said, it's a personal choice. All the apps I had on iOS are now available (and been for a while) on Android. I couldn't be arsed charging my iPhone 5 sometimes up to 3 times a day and always having my charger on me. With the OPO I just charge every morning.

Android has more customisation obviously and this can be a good or bad thing. I just keep it simple, I'm not one to change my theme or widgets frequently. I use Muzei for my wallpaper which really brings out the icons and widgets and Click UI for my icons which adds uniformity through out my home screen and app drawer. I'll try and attach a screenshot below.

Attached Files:

vantt1 and Aikimaniac like this.
  17. gheorghiu
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

gheorghiu , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Hey, they were right!!!!! You are the first to answer, LOL!!!!!

18. gheorghiu
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2014

gheorghiu , Oct 11, 2014 :
    I am switching from iPhone 5 to OPO too. The iPhone5 battery is useless...But I always used iPhones, and I am nervous about getting used to Android. I hope I will manage to figure it out once I receive it. Enjoy your OPO!

19. Cardiiiii
    Froyo Oct 11, 2014

If you spend a couple of days with it you will figure out the basics. I think there are sub menus that I haven't even bothered looking through. But if you need to change something and you can't figure it out, a quick google search will give you the answer.

gheorghiu likes this.
  20. SKUndef
    Eclair Oct 11, 2014

SKUndef , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Honest review, appreciated. You can fine tune you auto-brightness pushing the setting button that appears when you go to Settings > Display > Brightness. There, you can set a faster auto-brightness regulation, or even set a custom brightness curve if you want more on open area or less in dark rooms.

Oh, and this is possible cause it's android, not a closed room with limited oxygen like the OS you were using before ;)

ardian and Jost Schwider like this.