Coming to terms with WhatsApp: Did you stay for convenience or left due to privacy?

1. DIVITH.C , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 11, 2021 :
    Stayed for convenience, will move to make a point. As they did not update privacy policy despite such response in the tech world! Stop accepting anything strong techies do.. it means privacy policy and buying products without the complete experience i.e. without the charger. This is so stupid!

2. The__Flash
    Eclair Feb 11, 2021

3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 11, 2021

AnonymousWP , Feb 11, 2021 :
    It's indeed not a coincidence, but there are many reasons for that (apart from WhatsApp):

It is if that friend is on the same (WiFi) network sometimes. To name a few, you may have both been to the same event or restaurant or whatever, once, often visit the same sites, if you have visited colleagues who link to him, et cetera . At some point, the possibility that he / she is an acquaintance of you is so great that it becomes a suggestion. What makes a suggestion even faster is if that friend shares his / her contacts with Facebook - and then an email address can be enough for an immediate suggestion.

Or:

• If that friend has your number and shares his address book with Facebook, you will get suggestions.
    • If that friend visited you, you can get suggestions.
    • If you and your friend have been to the same event, or the same restaurant, for example, you can get suggestions.
    • If that friend is friends with that person on Facebook and shares his / her contact list, you can get suggestions based on probability.
    But most likely: you or that other person Googled about that company already. And this goes via Facebook/Instagram; not WhatsApp.

CC: @derLenno

4. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 11, 2021

AnonymousWP , Feb 11, 2021 :
    You're literally switching off WhatsApp to Telegram for what? Features?

5. Toni Merikanto
    Gingerbread Feb 12, 2021

6. mp081280
    Froyo Feb 12, 2021

mp081280 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 12, 2021 :
    I've never seen so many notifications that a contact from my phone book joined signal.. It's amazing! We (my family) will be migrating soon to, espacially that we do not use facebook, instagram etc. Bye bye Mark ;)

7. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 12, 2021

sfomin likes this.
  8. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 12, 2021

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021

9. Worldwidehunta , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 14, 2021 :
    They all invade your privacy I just went through and was able to opt out of my cookies it was over 197 companies my phone runs so much smoother right now. All about cookies, need to file complaints and class action lawsuits against them and find a GRAY area in their privacy policy! whenever I got on the phone with mission control (by accident trying to get my privacy back lol) NASA told me that you got to be careful with your privacy policies opt-ins . The problem is is when I downloaded signal I seem to have more back doors come in as if it was the FBI or NSA coming in the OEM with linux and developer apps using apis and firebase and payloads.... If you live in America your privacy is gone and your government is corrupt sorry to say. If you haven't noticed were in a trillions of dollars of debt and we're still giving all this money to all these other countries like we actually have it

SyedYaseenOP8 likes this.
  10. OConsultYaseenP
    Honeycomb Feb 15, 2021

11. KARTHICK_01
    Donut Feb 16, 2021

12. Serenia
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2021

13. Serenia
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2021

Serenia , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 19, 2021 :
    Bill Gates, Zukenberg, and Bezoz need to go in the other world once and forever.... I would put Google guys in the same list as well.
    All people in that list are greedy bastards that do all kind of evil things in the last couple of years or maybe even a lot longer, we just couldn't notice them.

Now we get mRNA vaccine, retarded President no more freedom, first amendment and other shit.

Too many brainwashed people by so called "fake" scientist from media...

I think it's a good time for Armageddon.

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 22, 2021

Cheetosdust , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Don't know if you saw it already, but WhatsApp explained more about the terms.

"WhatsApp explains what happens if you don’t accept its new privacy policy" (The Verge).

"Starting May 15th, its functionality will become more limited, and users will no longer be able to send or read messages from the app. They’ll still be able to receive calls and notifications, but this will only be possible for a “short time.” Speaking to TechCrunch, the company confirmed this period will last a few weeks."

15. Noe1
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2021

Noe1 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Feb 24, 2021 :
    I would really switch to others but so many of my friends use WhatsApp and it really annoys me. Telegram has things like hearing playing audio messages with double speed what is really useful

16. Heksuuuu
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2021