Coming to terms with WhatsApp: Did you stay for convenience or left due to privacy?

1. dhanush_r@j
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2021

2. Lukaszjanik13
    Donut Feb 5, 2021

Lukaszjanik13 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I switched to signal and my family as well, but i will agree that what's is working well and very convenient. Still i prefer privacy over convinence. Bye bye what's up

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 5, 2021 :
    [​IMG]

Helder_DAlmeida, the_o2 and McJader like this.
  4. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 5, 2021

AnonymousWP , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I mean, you never know on these OnePlus Forums. I am not surprised anymore if there are real shills wanting it.

5. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 5, 2021 :
    Pretty sure there are people who want OnePlus to make them OnePlus undies here. :D

ghostofcain, the_o2 and McJader like this.

6. Guruvishnusai
    Eclair Feb 5, 2021

7. pkg3107
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2021

pkg3107 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 5, 2021 :
    Thing is... Shifting to any other platform is not very fruitful for many like me. I have most of my groups on WhatsApp and asking them all to shift to Telegram or Signal is not possible.

I have downloaded Signal, but I hardly use it as very few of my contacts are on these apps.

I guess not a lot of people pay heed to privacy policies of apps.

8. Venkat Depatla , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 5, 2021 :
    Very interesting thread. Got to know eye opening details about telegram and WhatsApp.👏

Especially, I thought telegram as a better option, after reading above comments, that thought is blind. Thank you guys for that info. 👍🏻

All my people still on WhatsApp and they don't mind as well as they don't know about all these recent privacy policy changes. So, I am stuck with WhatsApp even though want to move out. Educating my people slowly and move them off to Signal.

9. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Feb 5, 2021

cdnfarmer , Feb 5, 2021 :
    @Cheetosdust another great thread. You are on a roll lately. 👍🤩 Good to have you back. 🤗

They way WhatsApp did it is typical of FB and not very respectful of the user imo. They forced users to pick in January otherwise could no longer access your account and this was almost 1.5 weeks before Feb 1. Not very fair imo. It remains one of the most popular apps. It takes awhile to convert people to other platform, if they choose to take the leap. There are some interesting ideas out there but the more popular programs seems to often be less well for user privacy.

10. Young_Blood
    KitKat Feb 5, 2021

11. Sushistew likes this.
  12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 5, 2021

Venky61 , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I stayed for now for the bubble.. hoping to migrate them to other platforms which might take a lot of time, especially for parents.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  13. G_plusone
    Nougat Feb 5, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.