Community Edition Contest - Everything OnePlus

1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

Impersonal , Aug 26, 2019 :
    This is a star thread for CUBE. Check more excellent content here.

header.png

Hi, I go by @Impersonal here on the forums, and am proud to be part of such a great Community! What makes a Community great? The very awesome people (all of us together)! Obviously, this is especially true for the OnePlus Community were through years of both users engagement and staff involvement, formed this magnificent gathering place, that was/still is forged by the Never Settle mentality, with more than 2300000 users , over 750000 discussions (most talking about when the legendary 3T will get Android 10 :p ) it is the one thing that truly separates OnePlus from any other tech company.

OnePlus recently launched The CUBE (yes spelled in all caps ;)) an official platform, for everyone here, remember the Community is OnePlus’s heart, a true asset for the Company, and the new CUBE platform, has the potential to become the heart of the Community, a trophy room of what is, it's BEST to offer. I highly encourage you all to check it out, already, there are some awesome threads there.
    The CUBE was created by OnePlus to show appreciation, admiration, and love, and help fulfill the Community’s huge potential. So what better way of celebrating this new platform than a contest in which we the people could show some love back at OnePlus. A contest that celebrates the love users have for the brand and community itself, a contest where we can express ourselves, through creativity, a Community Edition Contest - Everything OnePlus a DIY OnePlus themed personalization/customization contest! I was always astonished by the lengths community members do go to show their love, devotion, appreciation in especially music, movies and sports Communities, we should one plus them all!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    So you/we have until Sep 26 (HKT) to post a picture or a short video of your project(s) the entries are unlimited, since you can't put a cap on creativity or love. ;)

It could be literally everything, or anything, something Big or Small, the possibilities are infinite , and it is all up to you/us.

A big shout-out to @luxuskamel that inadvertently inspired this idea through this picture :

luxca.jpg

You know since "custom" everything is all the rave these days, the title is self-explanatory, here are some ideas/ examples that came to my small decrepit mind just to illustrate what this could be about :

1. A cool OnePlus Sneakers/shoes customs (as a tip, the best for it are Converse All Star, Adidas Superstar or Nike Air Force 1, but anything looks cool with OnePlus on it )
    2. Bake a OnePlus cake, muffin, or other delicious item
    3. A refreshing cocktail
    4. Some cool coffee art, sick and tired of all them foamy "palm" leaf designs
    5. Dye or cut your hair OnePlus
    6. Paint your face/nails/beer belly/kids/car/room/house OnePlus
    7. An awesome OP doodle on your student notepad, a graffiti, some chalkboard art, a painting, a sketch
    8. If you have some awesome calligraphy skills, write "Never Settle", hang it, it would sure look much better, and be more inspiring, than "live laugh love" ;)
    9. If you work for MI6 you can use a @Pete latex face-mask for a cosplay
    10. Post the potato chip/or birthmark that kinda looks like the OP logo
    11. Do a running map that is somehow OP inspired, idk, shaped like a 7 and has exactly 7km (or miles for our imperial friends)
    12. You could make a necklace, a ring, some earrings
    13. If you're an outstanding Canadian farmer you can make some OP "crop circles"
    14. You can even legally change your name to @Carl
    I know you are all AWESOME and have greater ideas, can’t wait to be awed, surprised and astonished!

3. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    A big THANK YOU to @Trista W. my/our OnePlus liaison, (there were probably many others that I'm not aware of that made this possible, so this goes for them also) she, not only was on board with the idea since day one, and made everything in her power to make this happen, also managed to score for us some truly some AMAZING PRIZES :

OnePlus Community team will be the judges, and based on the creativity and love involved will do the hard job of selecting 3 grand winners, each to receive a stunning :
    OnePlus Explorer Backpack !

https://www.oneplus.com/ro/product/oneplus-explorer-backpack

but that is not all folks, since this contest is a celebration of creativity, community, and love, another lucky 5 will be chosen randomly for a prize consisting of 500 raffle points each !

*Standard terms and conditions apply
    *Submitting an entry here means you allow OnePlus to use your entry as marketing materials

Most importantly remember to have FUN!

PS: Similar to @Pym C. "[EU Contest] Share Your Longest Day: #OnePlusGoExplore", at the end of this, we might do a compilation of the entries.

PSS: if you lack the time, resources, skill, yet have a great idea, that would make a great project, feel free to float it in this thread, it will not count as an entry but maybe you’ll inspire someone that will materialize your vision.

NEVER SETTLE

4. jincebaby
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

Stickied Post
    jincebaby , Aug 27, 2019 :
    1566923590641.jpg
    I am an illustration/visualizer artist, from India. "Smiling faces & ever-growing community". This is the idea that flashed into my mind when I heard about 'OnePlus contest'. I drew it in a paper: A growing community of smiling faces. A growing community that cares about each other. A growing community has a sense of belonging and trust. 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ 1+ ... and its growing.
    I scribbled this with my calligraphy pen and oil pastels my A3 size Artist drawing pad. #clicked the scribble with my #OnePlus6 @Pete @Carl

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

5. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 28, 2019

Stickied Post

6. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2019

Stickied Post
    cdnfarmer , Aug 30, 2019 :
    and @luxuskamel

From your suggestions..Here it is.

A 36 x36 ft (10.98 x 10.98m) image of logo in alfalfa grass ... Area typically used for pasturing horses. Measurements were based on dimensions given in the OnePlus TV announcement. I set up pegs for the corners and main landmarks for the logo, then mowed the grass (most areas were 3ft tall), edges were trimmed. FYI: The measurement were as follows:
    From the outter edge of the borders to the other end was 36 ft. The inside edge of the borders is 28 ft x 28ft (8.53x8.53m). The borders, 1, and the plus symbol were just over 4 ft wide.

After finishing it, a couple jumbo jet flew over head. Probably best to get a good picture. For the pictures, I stood on the roof of an old house. As you can see it is big enough that made it hard to capture in one Picture. Thinking that having the wide angle of the 7pro would have been useful to capture every aspect of the picture. Check the thumbnails if you want to see different angles.

IMG_20190829_142342_001.jpg

First attempt was to make the logo but leave the border and the one as tall grass. Prefer the top picture best
    IMG_20190828_150947.jpeg

My partner and equipment used for the 2 picture above.
    IMG_20190828_151104_001.jpg
    What it looked like with the stakes. Similar for the first picture above.
    IMG_20190828_150428_001_1_001.jpg

Pictures taken with OnePlus 6 and compressed with YaImCo by @hennes

Was this what you were thinking about @Impersonal ?
    Thanks OnePlus staff including @Trista W.
    @Crystal Z. @David Y. btw Our property is right on a flight path to the airport... Wondering how many people will see the logo from there?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019

Venky61, puccellino, PKNYC and 20 others like this.
  7. LightningXIII
    Lollipop Community Expert Sep 2, 2019

Stickied Post

8. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 26, 2019

YRJ , Aug 26, 2019 :
    Wow! Great thread @Impersonal
    I'm surprised to see that we have so many great ideas in the community!
    Looking forward to this :)

9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 26, 2019

G_plusone , Aug 26, 2019 :
    Will be fun to see some crazy submissions :cool:
    Good one @Impersonal
    It better :mad: :p

10. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

I know, this thread, the Cube itself, literally relies on that fact ;)

11. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

12. TibiTibi
    Nougat Aug 26, 2019

TibiTibi , Aug 26, 2019 :
    The creativity has no limits ;)

Update (1)
    That socks™​
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Looking forward :cool:

13. prashanth ch04
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2019

14. GeNiUs5
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2019

GeNiUs5 , Aug 26, 2019 :
    Never Settle People are demand that 3 and 3T phones get an Android 10 update ⁦⁦[e]270a[/e]⁩⁦[e]1f64f[/e]⁩⁦[e]1f64c[/e]⁩⁦[e]1f44f[/e]⁩

15. Mickey117
    Eclair Aug 26, 2019

Bouncer71, buntycubal and Impersonal like this.
  16. Kalyanam_zalke
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2019

Kalyanam_zalke , Aug 26, 2019 :
    I just got the idea of this so i made with the
    Araucaria Christmas Tree Leaves
    "Oneplus logo"
    NEVER SETTLE .
    hope you all like it.
    1566812276927.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 26, 2019

18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

:) Hey our first entry ! That's pretty cool:cool:, especially since that is I guess snow as a background, something I truly miss, especially since the new heatwave that hit ....

19. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 26, 2019

Bouncer71, buntycubal and Impersonal like this.
  20. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 26, 2019

Starcommander , Aug 26, 2019 :
    I guess its marble floor

21. Kalyanam_zalke
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2019

Kalyanam_zalke , Aug 26, 2019 :

Impersonal

Hey our first entry ! That's pretty cool, especially since that is I guess snow as a background, something I truly miss, especially since the new heatwave that hit ....​

yes it is marble floor.
    thank you so much @Impersonal

22. Wonderwoman13
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2019

23. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 26, 2019

Starcommander , Aug 26, 2019 :
    @cdnfarmer i believe this one is for you :):)

script, Bouncer71, cdnfarmer and 4 others like this.
  24. malidan
    Marshmallow Aug 26, 2019

malidan , Aug 26, 2019 :
    This one is funny on both accounts.