Community Engagement #PMChallange

1. Lavin A.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2019

Lavin A. , Feb 17, 2019 :
    Hello everyone,

Seeing multiple feature requests every day, I feel like we're moving away from the core principle of OnePlus, having a clean, smooth and fast operating system that is free from bloatware and has only essential extras. The software is not only what makes me like OnePlus, it's the community. So, my feature suggestion would be about bringing the community closer than ever.

Introducing, Community Engagement.

[​IMG]

This may be used as an extension to the community app, or as a separate entity.
    Community Engagement is all about increased socialization between the OnePlus user-base and promoting events.

The app allows you to see events being hosted nearby, either official or community hosted, and easily purchase tickets for them (if they require one). Each user can make posts related to the events being conducted, or just general posts that increase user interaction and allows everyone to participate in discussions. Each post, and likes received increases your rank in the community, this may be integrated with the existing ranks in the community app. Higher ranks increase popularity and makes you visible in the "Most Engaging" leaderboard.

[​IMG]

Ranks aren't just a number though, they come with some perks and permissions. Perks include goodies from OnePlus, early access to buy newly introduced products and free invites to secret or official public events. Permissions include hosting your own events. After a certain rank, you'll be able to create an event which requires an access grant from staff members before being hosted, just for the sake of privacy and safety.

Ranking System
    • Each post made in the app grants you 10 points, moderators may delete a post if it contains spam or doesn't contribute in a meaningful way.
    • Each comment made on another post grants you 1 point. Please keep comments constructive and positive.
    • Additionally, your posts and comments can be liked/upvoted by other users, giving you 1 point for each upvote.
    • Attending events can also increase your points, each verified attended event gives you 20 points, this will require not just buying a ticket, but actually attending the event which can be verified as you enter the venue.
    • After reaching a certain level of popularity, such as 2000 points, or being a highlighted member that gets noticed by staff for dedication to the community, you may be promoted to a plus member which allows you to host events with verification from staff.
    [​IMG]
    The app is simple, it has the homepage, which includes nearby events, a list of top engaging users and a feed of images from events that you have attended, from a user that you follow, or staff themselves.

The popular page is a more complete list of most engaging users, ordered by the highest level of activity in the past month. The search function can be used to search for posts.

You can create a new post with a caption and an image, other users can comment on it for a healthy discussion and can upvote or like your posts which increases your popularity.

Social is like a notification center for all comments, upvotes and rank-up notifications for you.

The profile section shows your profile picture, username, badges/trophies earned, your rank, number of posts and personally hosted events. It also has a QR Code for your profile, which can be scanned at events for access. This section also contains your ticket bookings and upcoming registered events all in one place.

Who are the users?
    Everyone in the OnePlus community can join and interact with each other! This also includes staff members that wish to engage with the community.

What is the proposed function?

An app that allows users to meet and socialize, increasing interaction between themselves and staff members too.

What is the user value?

The user is the most important here, it's about creating a sense that the brand you love cares about you, and there's much more to it than just a product. Since OnePlus cannot host events everywhere, with this, users from every place can still interact and enjoy events together.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

I feel like this is where OnePlus is superior to other companies, the community is my favourite aspect, no other company comes close to this.

Thanks basically it! I prefer OxygenOs to be free of bloat and only have the necessary features built into it. I believe a separate app or a function like this integrated into the community app gives users the choice to get into this. I believe human interaction is way better than an additional feature on your phone.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019

2. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Feb 17, 2019

Dresa91, Lavin A. and FlixbusLennart like this.
  3. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 17, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Feb 17, 2019 :
    :D

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 17, 2019

Dresa91, Lavin A. and BeingIncog like this.
  5. Lavin A.

v1.2 will bring a massive search button in the middle of the screen. :p

Dresa91 and BeingIncog like this.
  6. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Feb 17, 2019

BeingIncog , Feb 17, 2019 :
    BTW liked the concept/challenge thingy)

Dresa91 and Lavin A. like this.
  7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 17, 2019

camohan , Feb 17, 2019 :
    I see lot of spamming and creation of duplicate accounts to increase the post and likes.

Dresa91 likes this.
  8. Lavin A.

I have an alternate suggestion to that as mentioned

Promotion based on staff actually noticing if a user is dedicated to the community will be a viable option, likes may just be used as an indication to whether other people like what you're doing.

3FFA likes this.