Community Moderator Meetup Event Recap

1. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Oct 31, 2017

puma95 , Oct 31, 2017 :
    It was indeed an amazing weekend, lots of fun and constructive talk and lots of love and friendship coming together from the furthest corners of the world :D

I'm really grateful for you guys, @Adam Krisko and @David Y. (and the ones helping behind the scenes^^) for organizing this for us and especially @Pete for making this awesome meeting possible!

Not only we got to meet the greatest minds of OnePlus but we actually came together to actually talk about what we're all interested in and how to make it even better!
    That's what I call community driven!
    And I hope we did a good job representing our community and its needs and wishes!

Thank you very much @Pete @Carl @Brian Yoon @Oliver Z. @OmegaHsu @simonliu for this opportunity, I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did!

And a special thanks to the Mod General @gusuraman for the workshop!
    @SoniaB & @superplus for taking care of things
    And everyone who participated and those who couldn't make it <3
    Much love to all of you!

fulfilling the cliche at this point
    Never Settle!

2. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 31, 2017

pa5t1s , Oct 31, 2017 :
    You guys were probably lucky enough to have two sweet women taking care of the household, while you were drinking beers and playing LoL/CS, weren't you? [​IMG]
    <insert sexist and/or feminist comments below>
    [​IMG] :p

3. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 31, 2017

script , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Thank you very much for the event recap, David. Yes, it was an amazing trip, very funny, very intense, very nice, friendly, and all of us felt like, or even better, being part of a family.

To meet and talk with the OnePlus makers was special. We shared many good thoughts and felt much passion about making good tech great.

Meeting, talking and drinking one beer (or maybe two.....) with all the mods that have known each other only via chat before was also a very special and super great experience. Young (well most of them are) people from all over the world. That is, what always fascinated me the most: the global teamwork in the OnePlus community and especially in our mod group.

Very bestest great 3 days in London, thank you very much, David, Adam, Pete, Carl, and all others from OnePlus and my fellow global mods.

David Y., RogueS4, ravi4ever and 12 others like this.
  4. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2017

5. jizang
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2017

jizang , Oct 31, 2017 :
    apart from @SoniaB i thought all other mods are tweens? underage drinking in london, huh :p (sorry, could not resist a dig @ twitchy finger mods...) ;)

G_plusone, keithnyc, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  6. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 31, 2017

gusuraman , Oct 31, 2017 :
    It's really hard to put in words what this meeting meant to us.
    It was simply amazing. Great people, both from oneplus and mod team.

I just wish it could last longer. But I guess for the sake of my liver it was better like this :p

7. varma246
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2017

varma246 , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Ikr baymax_emoticon_by_redrose8510-d8jecfx.gif

Who are theyo_O

8. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 31, 2017

SoniaB , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Considering my age, they all may as well have been :p

pablofg1978, rarog, Gaston NP and 4 others like this.
  9. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 31, 2017

Tobikage , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Sounds like you'll be starting off all your future posts with "Friends......." in no time. :rolleyes:

10. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Oct 31, 2017

11. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 31, 2017

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Nope I am good as I am. It was to assure that Moderator's first role is towards community and that's how it should be !!

otto2 and pa5t1s like this.
  12. camohan

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Just for the records... I was the only one who doesn't drink. And my liver is proud of me..!!!

The matter escalated quickly...!! I was not the only one just for the records. Few mods "claim" they dint drink ...:eek:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017

13. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 31, 2017

OALEXANDER , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Liar

14. camohan

meatandy and pa5t1s like this.
  15. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Oct 31, 2017

Mark Falsing , Oct 31, 2017 :
    This was an amazing event due to all the diverse questions and feedback that came from everyone. OnePlus management asked their share of questions too, but did a lot of listening as well!

gaster, kaihp, RogueS4 and 10 others like this.
  16. mr_priyanshu
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2017

DRCH, SoniaB and otto2 like this.
  17. keithnyc

keithnyc , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Great writeup @David Y.. Thank you to the OP management team, the mod management team and all my mod buddies who worked do hard to turn this idea into a reality. It really was amazing finally meeting the wonderful team I've worked with {almost on a daily basis) throughout the years.. There were many hugs and laughs shared, but there was also a lot of frank discussions amongst ourselves and the OP team..... and everyone listened to each other. We all walked away from the meeting with new ideas, along with some wonderful new friendships.
    Everyone, thank you again for letting me be part of this great team and a positive voice on the forum
    OK,
    Thread Answered and Closed

18. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 31, 2017

pa5t1s , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Wait! Wait David! It is not over yet!
    But next year (or maybe sooner), after the next meeting and report, you'll be granted the right and honor to say "Duplicated thread. Merged" :p

19. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 31, 2017

Crystal Z. , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Great event! How I wish I could be there :p

20. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 31, 2017

youbi , Oct 31, 2017 :
    We are the ones that need to say thank you. It was an amazing and surely productive weekend. Adam started this dream of a mod meet, but the truth is that we owe much of it to you, if it wasn't for your persistence this probably wouldn't have happened.

I already suspected of it, but after seeing you in person I'm definitely sure that you are one of the most hardworking persons I have ever met, and we are very lucky to have you as our Community Manager. :)

Also great to have finally meet @Adam Krisko and see that you are even a better person that I have pictured you online. Thanks for the great job you are doing with the Oneplus Beta project.

Also a big thank you for all the senior leadership team for being there also with us. Some things can only be seen in person, and I can say that it was an honor to see such a passionate group talking about the things they love.

I think you are seeing it in a wrong way, this really wasn't any sort of evangelization meeting, where you had the priests converting the infidels to their doctrine. :p :D Like David said, and I quote:

This is mainly what it was about, we were there to try to show them the worries and complains our community mostly has about Oneplus and their products. Because the truth is that we as mods deal with them daily so we know better than most what trends and worries the majority of the community experiences since the beginning. And trust me that we talked even about the less pleasant ones. ;)

This is definitely true, it was a delight seeing the senior leadership team discussing things among themselves and showing how passionate they were about them, it really seemed that they weren't talking about work stuff, but that they were talking about their children (like @gusuraman very well pointed out).

Not only that, we actually tried some of your medicinal French drinks that our fellow French mods brought to London. I still remember a certain "Élixir Végétal de la Grande - Chartreuse". :sweatsmile:

I really hope next time you can make it. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017

gaster, David Y., OALEXANDER and 8 others like this.