Community Moderator Meetup Event Recap

1. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 31, 2017

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Sorry I do not want nor have the capacity to argue when someone is not willing to understand or look at things in better perspective.

Andrei R., Fabio.Mar and ChrisTerp like this.
  2. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 31, 2017

pa5t1s , Oct 31, 2017 :
    As the Community is getting larger and 'mainstream' day after day, i'm really waiting for some moderation 'enhancements', mainly, applying the basic rules that will make the forum readable, useful and enjoyable.
    The current daily junk is far from what XDA is, for example. This is nor Facebook nor Twitter... and you already know that.
    Then, yes, let's remove that Community App, which is buggy and half-baked anyway

dsmonteiro, ChrisTerp, remedy and 4 others like this.
  3. inffy
    KitKat Oct 31, 2017

inffy , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Yep and I can say pretty much every mod is feeling the same way. Hopefully our points are now heard and we have few things coming hopefully soon(ish) and few bigger things hopefully coming too (these require much more work from us and also from the OP side).

It's still too early to say, everything still is at so raw state

4. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 31, 2017

pa5t1s , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Well, at least, 'they' hear and/or understand the situation. It's a start... I do hope they understood their mistake about a 'forum' (mainly technical but with 'real' social interactions) and the so-called 'social networks' which are not even social nor building any kind of 'relationship'.

G_plusone, Andrei R., remedy and 4 others like this.
  5. ajshanker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2017

ajshanker , Oct 31, 2017 :
    So happy to see all the mods in a real pic. Have only seen them shouting and taunting cupcakes for not observing forum rules. You guys do have a fun side. Lol...and great poster by the way @script

script and inffy like this.
  6. Horsault

Horsault , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Only toward people who're worth it, of course. [​IMG]

7. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Oct 31, 2017

8. inffy
    KitKat Oct 31, 2017

inffy , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Well first you don't ask to be a mod, you are asked :). Secondly, currently we are not looking for new mods

dsmonteiro, pa5t1s and Shivang Joshi like this.
  9. Horsault

Horsault , Oct 31, 2017 :
    There's a hard selection.
    You need to be the chosen one, and get through a whole bunch of tests and trials.
    And, of course, you need to love beer. [​IMG]

edit: did I mention the dragon slaying thing?

10. camohan

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Na, I don't love beer..!!

pa5t1s and Horsault like this.
  11. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 31, 2017

gusuraman , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Bye @camohan . It was nice to have you in the team, but rules are rules

12. camohan

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Now everyone knows who is the man behind silly willy photo thread.

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Oct 31, 2017

puma95 , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Damn.. we need to talk about your future.. :rolleyes:

DRCH and pa5t1s like this.
  14. camohan

camohan , Oct 31, 2017 :
    I still don't love beer. But I can treat you guys, if that helps.

15. Horsault

ChrisTerp and pa5t1s like this.
  16. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Oct 31, 2017

Shivang Joshi , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Well, I was just joking [e]1f602[/e] Included and emoji in that comment, but I am just unable to see that though [e]1f602[/e][e]270c[/e]️

pa5t1s likes this.
  17. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 31, 2017

gaster , Oct 31, 2017 :
    @David Y. @Adam Krisko I am more than grateful to you for making this event real and finally we, all the people that we are connected for so long time since the very start as moderation team, gathered in one place. It was a great experience form every way. A lot of knowledge and interesting stuff we heard and talking of by the OnePlus big heads. Questions and answers, answers and questions was like "I want more. Don't let this meeting finish!" The whole organization was a great work from you. Thank you very much once again. I am looking forward for the next one. Love you all people.

P.S Special thanks as well to some of our fellow moderators that helped the team to complete another stuff we aimed for this event (You know guys what i mean :D) Hugs and kisses to everyone,

Your gaster,
    Your Evan :oops:

puma95, ChrisTerp, OALEXANDER and 6 others like this.
  18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 31, 2017

Mr. BG , Oct 31, 2017 :
    That was quite a bit of reading. Glad you folk had a good meeting, I can only hope all your feedback will result in getting the forum back on track.

I know moderating is not an easy job, been there, done that, never again. I just want to take the opportunity to thank you all for trying to keep the frogs in the box :D even if you fail hopelessly, lol

19. nyzproof333
    KitKat Oct 31, 2017

20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 31, 2017

pa5t1s, nyzproof333 and ChrisTerp like this.