Community Moderator Meetup Event Recap

1. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2017

waldwolf, Nov 1, 2017 :
    In my opinion, this thread is just another HYPE attempt by OnePlus management to misinform members into believing they're doing something to keep OnePlus owners informed.

Basically the thread provides absolutely no concrete information to help OnePlus product owners. The only information they shared was, most everyone in attendance was half-drunk and had a good time. O'yes, and by the way, what was discussed in the meetings and management's responses are private and confidential.

This thread is just a lot of braggadocio.

Ceasedd and G_plusone like this.
  2. Deactivated User Nov 1, 2017

meatandy, nirgale, gaster and 12 others like this.
  3. Ceasedd Marshmallow Nov 1, 2017

ChrisTerp and script like this.
  4. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    And you think I care about your 2 cents ? :rolleyes:

5. Deactivated User Nov 1, 2017

Plenkske and inffy like this.
  6. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    Unless the MODs or Admin in question is actually allowed to publicly say what they discussed , The "Event Recap" is full of "feel good" crap as far as I'm concerned and no use to the community.

If you're here for the fake positivity bullshit , then move away.:rolleyes:

waldwolf likes this.
  7. Ceasedd Marshmallow Nov 1, 2017

Ceasedd, Nov 1, 2017 :
    Did you get to see the 5t?

ChrisTerp and G_plusone like this.
  8. gusuraman Global Head Moderator Nov 1, 2017

gusuraman, Nov 1, 2017 :
    It seems you are still finding it useful for your anti-mod/anti-oneplus propaganda.

If you're here for the forced negativity bullshit, then move away :rolleyes:

camohan, ChrisTerp, rarog and 4 others like this.
  9. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    Either post some actual facts or agree the thread title and it's content is useless.

If you can't , ask David if he cares enough to post some points of attention that were identified from your little escapade.

waldwolf and G_plusone like this.
  10. Deactivated User Nov 1, 2017

11. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    Can't be bothered to read....not even a word.

12. Deactivated User Nov 1, 2017

Plenkske likes this.
  13. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    Still don't care.

14. gusuraman Global Head Moderator Nov 1, 2017

gusuraman, Nov 1, 2017 :
    The meeting started for most us on Friday afternoon and ended for most on Sunday afternoon, me and other few mods left on Monday.
    On Friday we were each one on their own. We had lunch at different times and eventually dinner all together.
    We all met at a pub for a couple of hours, had a late dinner at a kebab place. Then al at the hotel.
    For some reason my room became the next party place... Sorry but what happened there is highly classified:smirk:

Saturday morning we all met for breakfast (not all were in condition to eat anything:oops:).
    We jumped on a bunch of uber and finally reached the meeting location around 10:30am
    After a bit of chilling with oneplus staff and waiting the last mods to arrive from their countries David and Pete entertained us with an introductory speech.
    Lunch time is something i prefer to forget. They served something called pizza. But I'm italian, i know what pizza is:rolleyes:

After lunch we had some introduction speech from OP heads, then 2-3 hour of Q&A with them (I'm not allowed to provide more details, sorry).

Around 6pm we separated for meeting again at the restaurant around at 7pm.
    A drink after the other we somehow ended up in my room again:p

Sunday morning, after breakfast, we went to the oneplus office where I've hosted a workshop for mods only.
    We went to a pub for lunch and after that many had to travel back to their countries.

Does the title fit now?

15. Tobikage Nougat Nov 1, 2017

Tobikage, Nov 1, 2017 :
    That post deserves a thread for itself

16. Reivon Choccoli Jelly Bean Moderator Nov 1, 2017

Reivon Choccoli, Nov 1, 2017 :
    :smirk:

From a non-italian Scandinavian Slav: It was pretty good

nirgale, rarog, script and 2 others like this.
  17. waldwolf Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2017

waldwolf, Nov 1, 2017 :
    This is exactly why many members are saying, this particular thread serves no purpose, except to those who attended the meetings, and who wish to remissness or brag about the parties and good times had by all.

Has OnePlus solved any of the problems members have posted about?
    We don't know, because the attendees are "not allowed to provide more details.."

Has OnePlus deleted the OS "spyware" (which Carl said they would do "..before the end of the month" (October)?
    We don't know, because the attendees are "not allowed to provide more details.."

In my opinion this thread serves no purpose. The comments I and others have posted are not a reflection aimed at the mods, but rather at OP managements continuing policy of secrecy, which seems to be, "Shutup, we know what's best for you".

G_plusone and piccionel like this.
  18. Mr. BG Marshmallow Nov 1, 2017

Mr. BG, Nov 1, 2017 :
    This is the general problem with Oneplus.

Despite claiming to be open and transparent this company is anything but that. Massive NDA's everywhere, even Thunderclap actions get totally zero response, but then comes the "Friends, have we got something "

I really enjoy reading about that great meeting, and as said before I think Mods deserve praise for what they do for the community.

But then there's...

Nothing!

Not even the subjects you spoke of, no response of what issues will be handled (in which way)

We're left out like little children (again), like, the parents have spoken about stuff, but it's not meant for your ears.

You'll see, later.

Or not.

Zero reply to remarks made

Maybe

Again.

I can understand how that infuriates some.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

meatandy, G_plusone, Tobikage and 2 others like this.
  19. gusuraman Global Head Moderator Nov 1, 2017

gusuraman, Nov 1, 2017 :
    The fact is that they didn't say they will fix any specific issue that was discussed. It was more a collection of feedback, a first step to improve the communication with the community.
    After all this is all it was about. Communicate. It wasn't a meeting aimed to find the solution to specific issues.
    It would have been impossible:
    1. Understand the issue
    2. Analyze the possible solutions
    3. Evaluate the feasibility
    4. Examine usage stats
    5. Decide the solution
    It's a process that take more time than we had and more heads involved.
    Also notice that some thing that is a bug for you might be as per design for them, so it wouldn't be as simple as say "oh crap, i'll fix it in a sec", but would be "really? So i have to rethink it all".

Also, there wasn't any promise. They enjoyed it and they were very positively surprised by some of our findings and ideas.
    In short they understood the importance of the communication.
    That's what we (all mods) felt after this meeting. A genuine participation from them and the will to do it again (both online and offline).

As i already said, only time can tell what is the real outcome. But I must say that I'm very confident.
    More than this can't be said as (NDA or not) there's really not so much more to say.
    It's not what we talked about, but how we discussed about it, how we could interact without filters (besides Chinese to English translation:p).
    This is what i'm looking forward to see happening in future, especially on the forum.

Actually this wasn't discussed at all AFAIR:sweatsmile:

SoniaB, nirgale, gaster and 9 others like this.
  20. GOPALA KRISHNAN A Froyo Nov 2, 2017

LAKSHMI NARAYANAN A likes this.