Community Moderator Team Up!

1. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

iNtEnSePL , Jun 6, 2017 :
    That is why I wrote, that restructuring is always good for a company (any company), regardless of casaulties.
    And since we're not getting ANY info from a company apart form @Carl tweets, which can hardly be called useful information, and apart from some boring & castrated weeklies, and the least boring of them all announcements (even if aimed at cupcakes), I'm very happy to see some laundry aired.

2. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2017

jizang , Jun 6, 2017 :
    I dislike tooting my own horn but here goes...I did say back in late 2014 / early 2015 there were too many chiefs (and tweenie chiefs) and not enough indians and it needed to be REAPED... at least late than never, right :p

3. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Jun 6, 2017

ɢноѕтΘпе , Jun 6, 2017 :
    You understand how senseless stats are. But it was a main reason for kicking me.

4. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

Fur dich
    GhostOne-01.jpg
    I think it fits nicely ;)

Dunnow and ɢноѕтΘпе like this.
  5. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jun 6, 2017

gusuraman , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Enlighten me. What makes sense? Bias? personality whim? Randomness? Good looking?
    How would you measure a moderator activity without moderation actions stats?

Anyway you are taking this personal. But it's not because of you. As I told you someone had to be. And the most unbiased criteria have been adopted.
    If it wasn't you someone else more active Moderating would be here. Would have be fair in your opinion? Would you be here posting the same to defend them?

I repeat. No one is happy to see this happening, but it's for the good of the community. A more structured team. A team that can be actually managed. This wasn't possible with so many mods, of which many were not actively moderating.

You are still part of the community, you still can help users in a multitude of ways. Mod tools are not everything

dsmonteiro, camohan, Plenkske and 3 others like this.
  6. Chris05

Chris05 , Jun 6, 2017 :
    I don't know how it was by the other Mods, but without any info simply kick *** is not fine. I was not informed anyway. I had the pledge that I may suspend until May 2017, since my wife had a cerebral haemorrhage and I had to get everything first regulated in this case. But agreements and OnePlus are not the same way i think...

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Allow us to vote on it :D

Goodluck with the new changes.

gusuraman likes this.
  8. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

since some mods work on country specific subforums (I assume), most votes would go to the likes of @SoniaB , while some other I've not "encountered" at all...

but... that would be fun :D

Tobikage and DRCH like this.
  9. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 6, 2017

SoniaB , Jun 6, 2017 :
    I don't understand the post.
    The new structure shows regional and 'International' mods. I fall under the international category.
    If you don't know the language, then its unlikely you would ever post in that regional section, so yes, you might never encounter a regional mod.

The same could be said for any user who does not speak English as well. They will most likely post in the regional section only, and therefore might never "encounter" me. Hard to imagine, I know. [​IMG] I am a true delight [​IMG]

10. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2017 :
    You assume wrong.... partially.
    If you know the language , you can technically moderate the subforums in question.

Yup

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  11. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2017

JasonMR , Jun 6, 2017 :
    And modest, don't forget that :rolleyes:

12. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

That is what I said :) Users walking separate paths. I just assumed that most of content is in English, and because of that more to be modded there, right?

13. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Its why there are more mods for "International". However, there are mods in the regional section that speak English and so you will see them modding in the International section too. In many ways they have a bigger role to play as they are modding across all sections

superplus likes this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Most of it is in broken English. :p

JasonMR and iNtEnSePL like this.
  15. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

that is why I said that voting by community would be unfair, to keep mods we encounter most... as we encounter different ones only :D

16. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

Well, since there is no polish section, nor mods for PL region, you have to bear with my plenglish

Tobikage likes this.
  17. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 6, 2017

camohan , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Let me make it simple.
    Those mods whose country language is English are tagged International. The PoC is known as English PoC. Example Sonia, superplus, etc except for gaster who is Greek but there is no seperate section hence included here.
    Now there are mods who country Language is other than English, like me, being Hindi, rarog Germany, etc and hence are tagged to specific location.
    As long as one is able to read, write and understand other than local Language, they are free to mod.
    For example : rarog for German and forum as whole where English is predominantly used. Similarly Me for Indian section if someone uses Indian regional language and also English for forum as whole.

meatandy and iNtEnSePL like this.
  18. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 6, 2017 :
    sometimes I see some post content and the abbreviated words and it all looks like Dolan [​IMG]

meatandy and Tobikage like this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 6, 2017

theshinybeast , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Despite the Embassy Regal and curlers:rolleyes: Not to mention crisps and wine

20. gusuraman

gusuraman , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Not all international mods are native English ;)

meatandy and superplus like this.