Community Moderator Team Up!

1. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Let's hear some names...

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Would you care to explain what exactly this "Community Expert" thing ↑↑ is ?

3. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 6, 2017

ɢноѕтΘпе , Jun 6, 2017 :
    What does active mean for you? Closing threads? So I can close a hundred of threads and I'm no 1 in stats.

Chris05 likes this.
  4. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

dcmcc24 , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Thanks to all mods past, present, and future. It's a tough job and I definitely wouldn't do all that work for free:p

5. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2017

jizang , Jun 6, 2017 :
    instead of giving former MODs a little SWAG as a little thank you, OP decides to give it useless title with no value. Thats the Chinese culture for you...tighter than a duck arse :p

6. gusuraman
    Global Head Moderator Jun 6, 2017

gusuraman , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Active means doing any Moderation action (closing threads, giving warnings, merging,...).
    If you close 1 million threads you will have 1 million entries in the moderation log. So you would be the most active mod in the stats

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

iNtEnSePL and inffy like this.
  7. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2017

jizang , Jun 6, 2017 :
    @Carl should be REAPED, he's not been active since mar and has shirked his responsibility :p

ganeshknr and Tobikage like this.
  8. gusuraman
    Global Head Moderator Jun 6, 2017

gusuraman , Jun 6, 2017 :
    As of now it's just a title and comes with few privileges (like no time limit between posts or edit own threads title).
    They will be our first choice when/if we will need new mods and they are still involved with other mods and admins in our chat group.
    That's indeed not much for now, but they are always our first thought when it comes to special involvement in the community. And I hope something more will be done to give credits for all the work they did.
    Really. It's not just a candy. It's all new for everyone. There are still many changes happening internally in the mod team to improve consistency and accountability. And improvements will be there also for community experts.

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 6, 2017

10. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 6, 2017

Dunnow , Jun 6, 2017 :
    You've been marked my friend and the cracker is coming for you

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  11. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 6, 2017

Dunnow , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Statistics? Throw light onto this plz

12. LightningXIII
    Lollipop Community Expert Jun 6, 2017

LightningXIII , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Thanks babe

script, PLPeeters, youbi and 3 others like this.
  13. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2017

jizang , Jun 6, 2017 :

OP always liked airing their dirty laundry out in the open ;)

14. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

iNtEnSePL , Jun 6, 2017 :
    I say no, because it's a very interesting read and one of these rare occasions when we actually know what's happening behind the scenes. I understand @dsmonteiro , that you know how this all works, but... most of us don't

It's a situation showing that not everything is roses in OnePlus.
    Restructuring is good from company point of view. It affects everyone, not every time in a good way.
    From what I understand, mods don't get anything for doing their job (correct me if I'm wrong).
    The only thing driving them is a possibility to feel, that they belong in the organization, have some amount of power over other people, sometimes feel appreciated (they feel good). So that is a One Plus that they have.

On the other hand, some mods after restructuring came back to mr. nobody level (like me, you and milion of people in this community). We do the D-BAG thing - because we like it, they got the Community Expert badge, that says, ok, this one didn't do well enough to be a mod anymore. If I was to become a Community expert, with a priviledge to edit my thread's name, I'd ask a mod to remove the Community Expert THING from my account.

And join the D-BAG - because it's 100% more cool :) (we have powers, that noone else has and we are always right... right? )

K3MN1K, ganeshknr and Tobikage like this.
  15. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

Way to go, I'm with you on this !!! Really

16. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

Who want's a D-BAG badge? Free for all ex mods!!! Especially these w/o Community Expert stinky badge :D

17. Scherpenseel
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2017

Scherpenseel , Jun 6, 2017 :
    He's the hero One Plus Community deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so they will hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a not-so silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

ganeshknr, iNtEnSePL and dsmonteiro like this.
  18. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jun 6, 2017

a pain in the a55 ;)

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 6, 2017

dsmonteiro , Jun 6, 2017 :
    There's a difference between getting a glimpse of the inner workings of the mod team and as @jizang said airing dirty laundry.

That being said, when I was mod, I experienced how hard it was to keep a big team of mods operating under the same rules with the same kind of interaction with the user so the user can expect the same action for the same situation from every mod.

The restructuring was needed. I have no clue if it was done the most fair way possible to all parties involved since I left before it happened, but I can assure you it was needed.

20. Scherpenseel
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2017

Scherpenseel , Jun 6, 2017 :
    That can happen when the dark night rises...

toastytoast1234 and iNtEnSePL like this.