Community Monday Chatbox

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 17, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Hi everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend! How was it? For me, it was all about getting ready for upcoming trip to China. Seeing the forecast for next week, I still need to buy an umbrella, though.

For this week’s Community Monday Chatbox, I’d like to talk about Tutorials. As you might be aware, we announced our new Tutorials section a few weeks ago and it’s our intention to make it as active and dynamic as possible. For that reason, I’d like to invite you to check the current list of tutorials and let us know what new kind of content would you like to see there. We’re planning on launching a tutorial-related contest soon and we’d love to hear from you what topic you’d like to see being explored.

Also, don’t forget to let us know everything about your weekend, it might help us get through this Monday more quickly!

2. YRJ Lollipop Jun 17, 2019

YRJ, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Hey @dsmonteiro hope you had a great time swimming, eventhough you were asked to work overtime and fix some bugs! xD

It was a lazy weekend, had a busy week. The batteries are warp charged as of now, looking forward to another great week ahead. Have fun and looking forward to the tutorial contest ;)

jakecalderon and G_plusone like this.
  3. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 17, 2019

4. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 17, 2019

Plenkske, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Happy monday all !

Yes it was pretty great. Apart from the usual (cleaning house) we also went to visit my 98 year old grandmother again and played a card game she loves :)
    Yesterday we went to a birthday party and later in the afternoon we drove south to visit a friend. Was fun ! And we had very good Sushi :yum::yum:

jakecalderon, Cheetosdust and script like this.
  5. B1558865227118 Donut Jun 17, 2019

B1558865227118, Jun 17, 2019 :
    please update the camera ! many more fix Required
    stable video Recording & focus
    portrait mode & night mode want to improve
    photo stabilization not good

02482 237917, G_plusone and PAQman like this.
  6. ForthFinger Donut Jun 17, 2019

ForthFinger, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I spent the weekend with my puppy. and introducing him to other dogs. (photo taken with OnePlus 7 Pro).
    1560760715430.jpg

7. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 17, 2019

Cheetosdust and G_plusone like this.
  8. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 17, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Have a safe trip and have a great time while you are there.

Don't forget to steal office supplies, fight the power, and bring down the system stapler by stapler.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 17, 2019

@dsmonteiro why don't you document the trip like a series of blog posts in a new thread?

I would love to read that and see all the cool pictures.

suhantm, dsmonteiro and B_Wrath like this.
  10. G_plusone Marshmallow Jun 17, 2019

G_plusone, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Enjoy the trip David.
    I recently saw that previous builds for Op3 were gone from official site, any idea where to find Nougat or Marshmallow builds. Thank you

Cheetosdust likes this.
  11. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 17, 2019

That might be something nice to try!

What would you like to see me talk about?

suhantm and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. R1558287619926 Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

R1558287619926, Jun 17, 2019 :
    some apps are not working fine and ASPHALT 9 game is getting stopped so many times, can anyone help me???

13. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 17, 2019

camohan, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Chinese toilets may be... Heard great stories about it.

Plenkske, B_Wrath and Cheetosdust like this.
  14. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2019

Impersonal, Jun 17, 2019 :
    1nrrip.jpg

About tutorials, I personally would be more interested in a more of a "related tutorials" and solutions, 3rd party aps that is, idk like newest apps for that and that, that work and are better fitted for the OP devices, better apps for diferent tasks, (i.e the best text/messaging app alternatives for the OP that has a dark mode that is black and not gray on the device), and more importantly, solutions!
    I've recently read a Community thread about the game PUBG, not working full screen on the 6T, after it's new update (It's this OP problem? Probably not, but is affecting OP users.. yes), a Community Member offered a solution.... Only if you paid him :) (business 1on1)(so a very specific tutorial should be "how to enable full screen in PUBG on the 6T")... there is a niche of this type of tutorials, the bad part is that it should be constantly updated, (surely atleast weekly), and always relevant... And precise

And also a more "pro" tutorials for the Android enthusiastic users, should apear, even if not endorsement by OP itself, but by its users, stuff like root acces, diferent Mods and Roms and alternatives (i.e. how to instal CyanogenMod on the 7pro)

G_plusone and dsmonteiro like this.
  15. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 17, 2019

I don’t know if there’s interest from other folks, but here’s what I would like to see:

An informal documentation of a trip between Europe and China. How is the process on the airports, the differences and fun facts during the trip, how is the mood traveling the world. A lot of us will never have the opportunity to do that, so I believe it’s something interesting.

There, I would love to see pictures of the office, what’s surrounding it, how is the workspace. Add a couple of statements from the Staff (regulars here on the forums or not).

I believe it’s the perfect opportunity to show the process. Not only so that I can live vicariously, but also to show the community what is happening there. Pretty sure you’ll have a lot to write about, since these trips tend to have a lot of unexpected events.

I know perfectly well there are bits you can’t show or talk about, but picking from what you are "allowed" to, I’m sure you can be the link between the offline and the forums.

Here’s a nice example of how you can structure it

Here's a title for you "Notes from the Field: My trip to China and back" ;)

16. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2019

And more importantly the price of drugs, booze and prostitutes, that's why traveling was invented afterall.

17. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2019

I hope it wasn't strip poker :cool:, jk, I hope it was!;)

18. G_RAJESH_KHUNT_WyEb Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

19. Helder_DAlmeida Honeycomb Jun 17, 2019

jakecalderon and dsmonteiro like this.
  20. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 17, 2019

Not really my cup of tea.

I've did try some Chinese liquor the last time I was there: Baijiu. I've heard that the price ranges from the very cheap to the crazy expensive.

Impersonal likes this.