Comparing One Plus, Nexus 6 and Note 4

1. dorcas.ko
    Donut Oct 22, 2014

dorcas.ko , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I dont know much about smart phone and can anyone share their knowledge about these 3 phones?

Thanks!

Louluvre and cybermatatu like this.
  2. JuanL
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

JuanL , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Many will. I could share OPO opinion, but it will not be useful. As I xan have a different view from other people... Good luck

3. carbine30
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2014

finaldentiny likes this.
  4. Julia24
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Julia24 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Let me put it to you this way.

1: If Nexus 6 were $350 then it would be superior to the OPO.

2: If Note 4 were $350 and running vanilla Android it would be superior to the OPO.

3: If OPO had a better camera, faster processor, and good customer service it would be superior to the Note 4, and Nexus 6. However for the price the specs cannot be beat but you will be taking a huge gamble with the OPO. If anything should ever go wrong with it you maybe left to fend for yourself. The question you have to ask yourself is whether or not that's worth the gamble?

5. ecy5maa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2014

ecy5maa , Oct 22, 2014 :

This.

This is the answer you are looking for :)

6. asroma
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

asroma , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Genius!
    All explained in few lines whether worth or not buy the oneplus one!
    The thought I'm having in the last few days "Taking the chances or not?"

cybermatatu likes this.
  7. mrazn420
    Eclair Oct 22, 2014

8. Stellatyler
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2014

Stellatyler , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I think for the price the specs cannot be beat but you will be taking a huge gamble with the OPO. If anything should ever go wrong with it you maybe left to fend for yourself.

9. FamouzUniquee
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

FamouzUniquee , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Beauty with brain spotted :D

Julioceaseless and IamtheMAC like this.
  10. ecy5maa

ecy5maa , Oct 22, 2014 :

That is a fair point.

However, hopefully nothing will. Or should. And if it does, then I assume in a worst case scenario a technical won't be charging less than $350 you save in buying one.

11. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

rwoods716 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Well, I'm actually writing up a comparison of the Note 4 and the OPO right now. I'll have it up at fortheloveoftech.com tomorrow.

I'll give you the short version. The Note 4 is terrible. It ships with 67 preinstalled apps and 5 pages of settings. There are tons of preinstalled apps coming out of the box and when you download some of your own there will be even more. It'll get even slower after a couple months. Imagine, downloading an app after getting a new phone and it being buried under 67 different apps. This thing is just frustrating to use. It uses a 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 805, a 16 MP rear camera, and a 5 MP front camera. The display is 5.7"1440p and AMOLED. AMOLED is a screen technology where certain pixels can be turned off. This allows for blacker blacks and more vibrant colors.
    $799

OPO is great. It has a great 13 MP rear camera with RAW file support and a 5 MP front camera. It has a 5.5" 1080p LCD display, so you don't get that AMOLED that you would with the Samsung. It runs Cyanogen, so you get something like 15 or 20 preinstalled apps instead of 67. Those 15 or 20 include the stock apps like Gallery, Camera, Messages, all of the Google apps, and some more. It uses a 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801.

Another thing you have to consider with OPO is that there are a lot of bugs and there is no customer support. If they send you a defective model, you're pretty much screwed. You can fill out a customer support ticket and they'll get back to you in two weeks. When they do, they'll probably tell you to just deal with it because your problem will be fixed in a software update some day,
    $349

The Nexus 6 is basically a big Moto X without the voice recognition. It has a 5.96" screen, a 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 805, and the screen is 1440p AMOLED, making it a lot like the Galaxy Note 4. The big difference is that it is stock Android, meaning that it doesn't have all of the crap that Samsung or HTC might have on it. It uses a 13 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera. Out of the three, this will have the worst camera.
    $649

Personally, I think the OPO is the best of the three even without the price.

12. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

What's wrong with the OPO camera? Why would either of them be better if they were the same price? I completely disagree. I'd say OPO is the best of the three. Of course I haven't reviewed the Nexus yet

indianbattlefielder likes this.
  13. ecy5maa

ecy5maa , Oct 22, 2014 :
    How do i edit my earlier post :( ?

*I assume in a worst case scenario a technician

14. go for.android13
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

15. Julia24
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Julia24 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I'm an amateur photographer and the OPO camera does not compare with the likes of the Note 3, Note 4, and Nexus 6 because it lacks optical image stabilization so images tend to come out blurry. In addition the colors look washed out on the OPO when compared to other cameras. It also does not take very good pictures in low light and the shutter speed on the OPO camera is slow. In fact the Iphone 5s does better in low light and has a faster shutter vs the OPO. The OPO's camera is decent and it does the job but it does not compare to the Iphone 5s, Nexus 6, Note 3, Note 4, etc..

As far as which phone is better overall the Nexus 6 clearly is superior in specs with it's faster processor, better camera (optical image stabilization), QHD 6" screen, larger battery,it comes with Android L already loaded, great customer service that's been proven to be reliable, etc... A simple google search of the Nexus 6 specs vs the OPO and you'll see why I think if the Nexus 6 were the same price as the OPO the Nexus 6 would be the better buy.

Now don't even get me started on 4k video. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

16. sparkling_cyanide007
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

17. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    How do you know that the nexus 6 will have the worst camera?

18. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

Well, the Nexus 6 isn't necessarily better. It has a slightly better processor, but it has a screen with double the resolution, so there are a lot more pixels to much. I realize that you think optical image stabilization is very important, but I'd disagree that the camera will be better. Nexuses haven't historically had good cameras and the Moto X wasn't any better. A 1440p display is overkill on a smart phone. My TV is 1080p. Why shouldn't it be good enough on my phone? The processor is only 200 MHz better. I see no reason why the phone would be better with twice as many pixels to push.

Second, the Note 4 is junk. Maybe you like the camera a little better, that's ok; however, it ships with 67 preinstalled apps and it has 5 pages of settings. That's a lot of background processes. By the way, you can't uninstall any of these apps. Add those background processes that are running when it comes out of the box to the ones that come with the apps that you install (that'll be buried under the 67 apps that come with the phone), and that phone is going to slow down a lot. You couldn't pay me to use a Samsung phone for personal use. I've been walking around for almost a week now with the Note 4 and it is just such an unpleasant phone to use.

I'd stick with my OPO over either of them, regardless of price. Then again, that's only if it's between the three. I use an iPhone 6 for personal use.

I just finished my camera comparison of the OPO and the Note 4. Take a look. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. It will be up at my web site tomorrow. I'll post it in the forums, but if you miss it just go to the menu and go to Reviews -> Camera Reviews -> OnePlus -> OnePlus One or Samsung -> Galaxy Note 4

adel.g and SirAwesome37 like this.
  19. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

Just because previous Nexus cameras haven't been great and the Moto X camera wasn't anything special either. It's just a prediction based on historical fact.

20. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    My nexus 5 on hdr+ mode took better pictures than my OPO in pretty much every lighting. The OPO just had more detail when zoomed/cropped.

I think the nexus 6 uses the same sony camera as the OPO