Comparing One Plus, Nexus 6 and Note 4

1. riffraff81
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

riffraff81 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    it will be replaced, just not in the time frame that you would expect.

this assuming it's an actual defect and not user damage.

2. Nick Heimes17
    Eclair Oct 22, 2014

Nick Heimes17 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    well your definately gonna pay less for The One over the other 2. unless your getting on a contract

3. gajenn108
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

gajenn108 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    this is totally a personal decision, the specs are what they are but all of the top flagship phones out now are amazing. For me I wanted an unlocked phone i could use in the usa or thailand or bali if I move there. I don't buy a phone for the camera although it's nice having it on the phone. Any of these top phones rock, really...it's hard to beat the opo at 349 with almost the same specs as the others 2 to 3x as much, although the Big negative is lack of customer support---CAN U HEAR THAT FOLKS AT OPO---get us better customer support before you expand more, Please...

4. neeraj.09
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

neeraj.09 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    upload_2014-10-22_19-25-42.jpeg

As agent simmons commanded , I'll tell you in one sentence.
    Performance/Price ratio of OPO is very high than Nexus 6 or note 4.
    *I hope that helps. :p :p*

dorcas.ko likes this.
  5. Julia24
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Julia24 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    The courier didn't even bother having her sign for it. They just left the package by the front door and left.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

6. Julia24
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Julia24 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I agree with you to an extent. I'm looking at the bigger picture though. If you take a company like OPO and then take a company like Apple and apply the most common hardware related problems that require a phone to be serviced / replaced which companies customer support would provide the better service? A company that is largely based in America that has a variety of stores you can just walk into to get your device serviced / replaced or one from overseas? Apple as much as I hate to admit it does have some stellar customer service. Now let's take another company like Google for example since I've personally dealt with them. They are an American company but they don't have the retail presence that focuses strictly on their products like Apple does. What they do have however is billions of dollars to their name which allows them to hire a greater number of customer service agents that you can reach directly by phone as opposed to OPO which is strictly via email. Allowing me to have direct communication with a company is paramount as it lessens the likelihood of miscommunication and allows for greater resolution of the issue during the primary communication as opposed to email which could lead to a back and forth exchange lasting weeks or in my friends case months on end. If you want to tell me that OPO is a flagship killer and is the best phone out there for the money and specs I won't argue or deny you that but please at least agree with me that their customer service could use improvement and that when dealing with other larger retail manufacturers you are likely to get a better customer service experience simply based on what I stated in the aforementioned.

7. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

TheTubTruck , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Alright alright, I know OnePlus don't have great customer support

8. Julia24
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2014

Julia24 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Thanks for admitting that. BTW I still believe that for the price you won't find a phone with better specs.

acan86 likes this.
  9. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

rwoods716 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Again, talking about the Note 4

10. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

This is true. They are really trying for a stellar phone, but consider that Google was really trying for a stellar phone with the Moto X. Nexus devices have historically been mid-range devices. The new Moto X was meant to be high end. I'm curious to check it out.

11. mwayner
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2014

mwayner , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Yes! YES!! YES!!!! :D

12. riffraff81
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

riffraff81 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    please don't misunderstand, 1+s CS will need to vastly improve moving forward. i'm just not gonna expect them to be on the same level as billionaire companies that have been around for decades right out of the gate. it's gonna take them a little while to get to that level. potential buyers should take that into consideration. if something goes wrong with my device i'm confident 1+ will take care of me. it just won't be as quick as with other companies.

what i dispute is those saying 1+ is ignoring them or has some sort of malicious intent. they're simply backlogged and don't have the staff set up yet to deal with things more efficiently then they do. we're all used to things being done quicker but need to understand that building such infrastructures doesn't happen overnight a requires a lot of invested money.

no one has to deal with this. they can buy from another company that has these resources in place. all 3 of these companies will take care of you if something bad happens. is faster customer service worth another $300? that's for the consumer to decide.

13. harishgan
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

14. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2014

TheTubTruck , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Yeah the product is amazing, they just need to sort out support.

15. dorcas.ko
    Donut Oct 22, 2014

dorcas.ko , Oct 22, 2014 :
    thanks Julia!

16. dorcas.ko
    Donut Oct 22, 2014

dorcas.ko , Oct 22, 2014 :
    wow! thanks for your advice! really help!

rwoods716 likes this.
  17. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    In the parts i quoted you were talking about the nexus 6

18. rwoods716
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

Not true. I was talking with someone else. That person was talking about how the Note takes better photos than the OPO. I asked why you would take any phone over one with RAW support over one with RAW support. The Nexus might have been included in the post I was responding to.

I guess the point is that I was conversing with someone else, and you just kinda needed to butt in and try to be a know-it-all, meanwhile, it was something that I already knew.

19. rveca
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

dorcas.ko likes this.
  20. sparkling_cyanide007
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

sparkling_cyanide007 , Oct 22, 2014 :
    By default, for me, I would eliminate the Note 4 because I simply hate TouchJizz. Not only are the colors ugly, but the UI itself is heavy and is littered with gimmicky features as well as they are duplicates of the core system Google apps. Note 4 has great hardware no doubt but no thanks. Oh and hello Bloatware City with the Note.
    OPO is definately bang for the buck. Backed by Cyanogen, at least you'll get updates and add'l features not available in stock android. Flagship specs for a low price. The only problem is, the phone is hit or miss in terms of issues so you better pray your phone isnt the one with issues cuz you're on your own. OPO just needs to step it up big time in terms of customer and phone support. I realize that they're a startup company with a handful of people and they dont have anywhere near the budget and marketing of Samsung but I'd be willing to pay more if they would boost their CS. Nexus 6 is well, a Nexus. Direct updates from Mtn View and no bloatware nor carrier testing. Its a super-sized Moto X. Awesome phone but damn that price is a dagger. An android fanboys wet-dream lol....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014