Comparing the silver bullets to the jbl e1+ headphones - quick review

1. Thedulli
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

Thedulli , Nov 16, 2014 :
    I am in the rare position of now owning both the silver bullets and the jbl collaboration in ear headphones due to a friend buying me the e1's as a gift. Having played around with the red 'phones for a day and using the silvers for about a month now, I thought I'd quickly share my experiences.

Aesthetics - weirdly I like the look of the silver bullets more. Don't get me wrong, the e1's red look is great - just the feel of the silver bullets seem more premium despite being cheaper. Remember the silver bullets are made of lightweight metal while the e1s are plastic in touch and look.

Build - not a problem in both headphones. The silver bullet wires are covered in thin white plastic but still feel sturdy. The e1's on the other hand have flat red plastic casing not unlike the USB wire that comes with the oneplus. Both are built to last.

Sound - obviously the main reason you may have clicked on this thread.
    The silver bullets were as I expected - good for £11.99 headphones, not too different from the sennheisher headphones selling for around £20 in hmv stores in the UK. The bass strong but not overwhelming, yet the sound deteriates as the volume reaches maximum.
    Jbl, on the other hand, have played to the strengths of their desktop speakers in packing quite a bass punch. Seriously, make sure you have taken off the bass boost completely in the equaliser before playing hip hop or edm. Whilst the e1's were more than capable of handling the bass, my ears couldn't. Again everything sounds punchier even if it is spoken word. Using the sennheisher analogy, these remind me of the mm70i headphones they sell, which cost close to £80 and whose remote doesn't work on most Android phones I have used. Pretty happy so far.

So which ones would I recommend? Neither are amazing - but remember that the silver bullets are £12 and the jbl e1+'s are £30, and do a similar job as headphones almost double their price. Both are great at catering for people who like bass in their music, but for sheer power I would still go for the e1's.

Hope this has been useful community!

Takendown, doekus, rajeshho and 31 others like this.
  2. krzychu78
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2014

ronoldo and sandmman like this.
  3. stephenlotus
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

ronoldo, Boricua and Thedulli like this.
  4. banubash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  5. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 17, 2014

6. stephenlotus
    KitKat Nov 17, 2014

Thedulli likes this.
  7. bu405
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  8. banubash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2014

banubash , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Heyy man, how is it going with ur donations??

stephenlotus likes this.
  9. stephenlotus
    KitKat Nov 17, 2014

stephenlotus , Nov 17, 2014 :
    I just reached my goal about 10 minutes ago

banubash likes this.
  10. DreamerJ
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2014

DreamerJ , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Very helpful, thanks. I'm ordering two of the Silver Bullets to have a backup set, for a total that is less than the price of the JBLs, so if everything goes smoothly I think I'll be rather pleased. Glad to see the quality of the build seems to be there.

Thedulli likes this.
  11. d_kumar49
    Froyo Nov 17, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  12. harryj
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

harryj , Nov 17, 2014 :
    thanks I was thinking of buying 1's... but I'll change to silver bullets

13. Parinya-f
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2014

Parinya-f , Nov 18, 2014 :
    I already ordered an E1+ and waiting for it to arrive, probably earlier next month. Thanks for review.

ronoldo likes this.
  14. tanr2001
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2014

tanr2001 , Nov 18, 2014 :
    Just got my E1+. I like the sound of it but like @Thedulli, I don't care much for the look. The plastic housing the remote/mic and where the two wire split are a bit larger than need to be. The ones from JBL website are much better looking but they're more expensive and the volume buttons only work with Samsung and Sony phones. I wished all Android phones have a standard for headphones.

Thedulli likes this.
  15. Bugy23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 18, 2014

Bugy23 , Nov 18, 2014 :
    Im not a earphone specalist but thank you for the review........

DreamerJ likes this.
  16. banubash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

banubash , Nov 19, 2014 :
    :D :D Nice! Hope you will be able to fix ur phone soon :)

stephenlotus likes this.
  17. sidney1310
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

sidney1310 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Thanks for that review. I hd pretty much decided on the silver bullets, but now feel more confident in that choice. Not to say that I would argue with people who prefer the e1, but it sounds like I will be satisfied with the less costly alternative for my purposes.

DreamerJ likes this.
  18. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2014

Joyyy , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Hmmmmm.....
    Well Xiaomi Pistons 2 it is then! :)
    Thanks for the review!

banubash likes this.
  19. changary20
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

changary20 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    i want to wear the silver bullets to the gym but, they don't look too sturdy; don't get me wrong, they aren't bad quality, but i've broken a lot of earbuds lol

20. vishujain77
    Froyo Dec 3, 2014