Network/Connectivity compatibility with Tile Tracker

1. chuasam Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

chuasam, Nov 1, 2018 :
    I seem to be having problems connecting my OnePlus6 with a Tile Sport tracker.
    I contacted Tile and they said:
    The OnePlus range of smartphones have a compatibility issue which prevents the smartphone from connecting to Tiles. This may include but is not limited to the OnePlus 5, 5T, 6 and 6T which share similar (if not identical) hardware.
    OnePlus is working on the issue on the phone hardware side and we expect a fix to come in future software update to the phone itself.

For more details, we recommend contacting OnePlus about this issue so that they can prioritize a fix.
    Should you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out to me by replying to this email - I am here to help!

Does anyone else have any issues? is OnePlus at fault or is Tile passing the buck.

dianmao, PhantomRampage and ctscloud like this.
  2. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 1, 2018

3. sakearzoo Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

sakearzoo, Nov 1, 2018 :
    How a hardware issue can be solved via software updates and OnePlus didn't acknowledge this issue .. if you have please upload it where they said they are WORKING on it .

If you are having issues with your device i will suggest to reset your tiles device and reinstall app .. will solve your issue hopefully..

Try with other devices if issue atill persist tbeb try contacting tiles they can help you better ..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

4. jkb114 KitKat Nov 1, 2018

jkb114, Nov 1, 2018 :
    I have a tile and it works fine. OnePlus 5

jocxFIN and SoniaB like this.
  5. jocxFIN Donut Nov 1, 2018

jocxFIN, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Yeah, sounds like it's bs. My das has tile and just tested out and working perfectly with my op6.

-jocxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccFIN

SoniaB and jkb114 like this.
  6. Artificial_Ignorance Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

7. Artificial_Ignorance Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

Artificial_Ignorance, Nov 4, 2018 :
    I should say I'm using a OnePlus 6. And I'm trying to add a tile to an account that what has one connected to the phone. Not sure if that's what's causing the problem. It seemed to transfer the old tile to the phone fine, but when I wanted to update I had problems.

8. Z1540828785818 Donut Nov 4, 2018

Z1540828785818, Nov 4, 2018 :
    Hey Guys, I have the exact same problem. Tile support just pushed me off to oneplus support indicating it was their fault.

9. Artificial_Ignorance Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

Artificial_Ignorance, Nov 5, 2018 :
    So I did some research as I have an old {2016} tile that works with the phone but the battery is dead so it won't ring. I ran a BLE scanner and both tiles showed up. It could connect to the one, the other it would try to connect and then immediately get disconnected. This leads me to think that there is some kind of authentication process that is not happening My guess is it has something to do with the OP6 not running stock Android but Oxygen OS.

10. RobJD Donut Nov 5, 2018

RobJD, Nov 5, 2018 :
    I have the same problem. I have a few tiles and they worked fine on my OP6 and my wifes OP6. My OP6 upgraded to Pie (9.0.1) and after it rebooted from the upgrade I tested my tile to check it still worked and it didn't! Long story short, I had loads of messages going back and forth with Tile support and their last message was:
    My OP6 just updated to new Pie (9.0.2) so I tried again... no luck, still doesn't work! So all I have are some expensive keyrings with their 12 month batteries running down and me getting no use out of them! Frustrating!

11. RobJD Donut Nov 9, 2018

RobJD, Nov 9, 2018 :
    I have been chasing Tile on this and have since got the same response from Tile claiming that this is a hardware issue with the OP6. I have emailed them back stating why I feel this is not hardware (drivers, OS/S/W maybe... but no hardware change caused the failure). I have also contacted the retailer that I purchased all my tiles from a couple of months ago and discussed this with them. They were also unimpressed with the position that I've been put in and have kindly agreed to allow me to return them all for a full refund, so I have done this. If OP or Tile get this resolved, I may well purchase some more at that point, but as they only have a 12 month battery and an unknown quantity of that 12 months is ticking down whilst the issues may or may not be being fixed, it's unfair to make customers bare this cost/loss of their 12 months usage.

12. Artificial_Ignorance Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

Artificial_Ignorance, Nov 11, 2018 :
    I checked my BT settings today and discovered that my OP6 could see my tile. When I went to pair it I got a message that said there was a problem with the pass key. I thought this was promising, however now I can't see the tile...

Deynick1 likes this.
  13. tajwright Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

tajwright, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Same problem here(nd yes I have cleared, cache etc), the issue seems to be with the new models of the Tiles ( Pro and Sport). My old style Tiles work fine , but unable to add a new TilePro.

14. smashthrash Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

smashthrash, Nov 15, 2018 :
    I have the same issue with 2 sport tiles on OnePlus 6. Stopped working when I updated to Oxygen 9 and still not working on 9.0.2.

I know it's a software issue because my OnePlus 5 running 8.0.1 has two sport tiles connected fine.

I contacted Tile, as at first I thought it was a hardware thing, and they sent me 2 bran new sport tiles.

I can't get them to work with my OnePlus 6. I just get an error saying turn on airplane mode then turn off and try again. This doesn't work.

So I took one of the new sport tiles and connected it perfectly to my OnePlus 5 running 8.0.1

Problem with tiles is you can't just unpair them from one account to another. I have a separate account on my OnePlus5 so this makes the whole thing a pain.

OnePlus, please stop messing around with Bluetooth. It's not just my tiles that have been screwed since the updates. Fitbit stuff and headphones have issues but will connect after a lot of messing about.

15. ctscloud Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

ctscloud, Nov 15, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. it's definitely has to do with pie and whatever changes OP made under the hood related to Bluetooth. Or, whatever good changed for pie really messed things up.

16. DavePastry Cupcake Nov 16, 2018

DavePastry, Nov 16, 2018 :
    having the same problem on my 6T. My previously configured tiles work fine but I can't add/replace with a new one.

jzacuto likes this.
  17. jzacuto Eclair Nov 20, 2018

jzacuto, Nov 20, 2018 :
    I have a OP6T from OP, one from TMo, and a OP5. Tiles connect to the OP5 just fine, but neither of the OP6Ts will pair with a Tile. This needs to get fixed, OnePlus! I sure as hell feel like I'm settling. :/

Tile has also replaced both of the Tiles I can't pair under warranty, none of the four I've tried to pair will pair with either OP6T - either from OP directly or from TMo.

18. prucopyn Cupcake Nov 21, 2018

prucopyn, Nov 21, 2018 :
    I have exactly the same issue with OP6 since the Pie update. 2 previously functional sport tiles now rendered useless. Tried with my work phone (S8) and they work perfectly. This is not the first BT issue I have had with OP updates. My 3T had problems connecting to my car after an update and I had to wait for the next couple of updates before it was fixed. So now I am stuck with £40 of tiles that don't work with my phone and the batteries running down....

RobJD likes this.
  19. G_Benjamin_Sandoval_OOns Froyo Nov 24, 2018

G_Benjamin_Sandoval_OOns, Nov 24, 2018 :
    Has anyone found a solution to this? I just picked one up cause they are 20 bucks on Black Friday and it doesn't seem to work. It just can't connect to my One Plus 6T.

Wish I would have known it wasn't gonna work before I bought it.

Any updates?

20. chrisporosky Cupcake Nov 28, 2018

chrisporosky, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Confirmed issue with 6T and Tile Sport. Tile support gave same exact response as above. What is OnePlus' response for this issue?