2. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2016

MarkLR , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Source?

3. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 16, 2016

meatandy , Nov 16, 2016 :
    You have no need to preach to me pal...

Everyone has a right to their own opinions , you feel like you were played by Oneplus and you're angry about that.

I respect your views and I have mine , 'IF', and that's a big ' if ' I had purchased a 3 in the last month or two I'd also be disappointed, at this point that is "how cookie crumbles"

I wish you the best in the future.

ghostofcain and SimonRam like this.
  4. NigelMcD
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

NigelMcD , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Oneplus delivered what you paid for, there was no bait and switch, you knew what you where buying and how much you where paying when you pressed the button

. . . end . . . of . . . story . . .

5. G_Andy_Bao_(nulldev)_uer
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

G_Andy_Bao_(nulldev)_uer , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I don't feel cheated because One Plus has released a better phone for a higher price without changing the support for my current phone.

Nothing has changed for me. For the people who bought the OP3, nothing had changed for them. For the people who didn't, nothing much has changed either except that they can buy a more premium phone.

Think about how this will affect your experience with your phone. Well it make your phone worse? No. Will it make your phone get less support? No. Will ROM developer be annoyed? Sort of not really, both devices share similar hardware so developers can build one ROM for two devices!

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

6. Cebronix
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

Cebronix , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I don't see what the big deal is either. Maybe to the people who've purchased in the last month. I admit I'm thinking about returning mine for the T but only because I'm still in that 15 day period. Our OnePlus 3s are not obsolete or any worse off than before. Upgrades are a part of the phone business. Most update annually, but OnePlus isn't like most. They have different manufacturing and stock procedures, designed to keep overhead low and prices down.

They aren't big enough to manufacture hundreds of thousands of phones at a time. They keep the inventory low. Which is, sadly, why stock is constantly sold out. But when you're keeping inventory that low, the question becomes, why WOULDN'T they keep the phone as updated as possible? Why wouldn't you take advantage of that turnaround time to keep the phone competitive with the market?

ghostofcain and daleski75 like this.
  7. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

daleski75 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Well said my man!

8. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2016

9. vinay chowdhary
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

10. akonsuchdev1720
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

11. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

daleski75 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    What exactly have you lost though??

12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    As long as the sister you did marry keeps blowing you, does it matter? That should at least take your mind off the fact that somebody in the world has a shinier phone than you.

13. jizang
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2016

jizang , Nov 16, 2016 :
    You know you still have 5 days to do a RMA, get your refund and purchase the 3T ;)

14. meggamorty
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

meggamorty , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Yes it does.

15. Martipher
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

Martipher , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I just got my OP3 6 days back, and I gotta admit, that I was kinda pissed, that they were gonna release a new phone after I waited 4-5 weeks for my op3.

But now after the launch and knowing all the details I can't really understand all the hate.
    We all still get software updates and even mostly the same time as the op3t and they are both nearly the same device.
    Just as OnePlus said "two versions of the same device".
    So it doesn't matter

I personally won't return my op3 because I'm happy with it and the 40$ more for these changes are not worth it (for me) (opinions may differ)

16. McDriver
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

McDriver , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Hi.

I ordered my OP3 on October 28 and i will receive it on November 22. At that time, if someone tell me that for only 39€ plus i would have a litle bit larger battery and an improved front camera I would pay for that.
    I'm not realy mad but I feel a litle bit sad. You can say that I can return it and so on, but that is something that I don't want to go through.
    Someone compared this case with Samsung GS7 and GS7 Edge or Iphone 6 and 6s but in OP3T it's slightly different: the difference between them, in terms of price, it's realy tiny.
    I believe that when I ordered my OP3 (and hundreds of another buyers) OP already new what was coming and the price. They could have avoid this.
    Tell me: with just a 39€ difference, who will choose OP3 instead of OP3T? Almost anyone, I believe ...

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

17. robogo
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

robogo , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Did you buy the OP3 before or after the 3T was announced?

If before, you bought the device that was the only flagship available with One Plus at the time. You were fully aware of what you were buying and what kind of device you paid for.

If after, that is entirely your fault and you are entitled to nothing.

18. nnavarre
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

nnavarre , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Compensation for people that have already bought a product when a newer version comes out has never, ever been how new technology works, and never, ever will be. That's the risk you take when you buy ANYTHING. A new model coming out a few weeks later is always going to be a "threat."

If you're pissed, I certainly don't blame you. I'm pretty upset about the battery myself, but there's nothing that can be done. If this is the OP attitude, you can't change it. All you can do is buy a different phone next time (which I plan on doing, because releasing an upgraded model less than 6 months after release is bullshit).

So, OP won't see my business again. However, I'm not insane enough to think they're going to compensate me for their dumb decision.

19. Guna0969
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

Guna0969 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Ha ha... I don't know what to say... People reacting like they just bought pager from OP and they introduced Smartphone over 6 months...

20. G_Mohit_Sharma_pvKy
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016