Computer doesn't see phone while in Fastboot Mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalinka
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2015

Adalinka , Mar 12, 2015 :
    I am trying to do it on PC now..BUt always something pops up. :( I have downloaded android SDK Tools on PC, but I am not able to update driver software . Computer sees I have connected the device but doesn't recognize it. What link do i have to follow to download the driver software for OPO?

Sajim likes this.
  2. zapablast05
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 12, 2015

zapablast05 , Mar 12, 2015 :
    This guide here should walk you through every step necessary to complete the tasks. It took me about 30 minutes. The links you need for downloads are all there and work fine. Can confirm, I used this about 4 days ago. Personally, I downloaded the Universal ADB Driver and TWRP.

3. Adalinka
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2015

If you think that doing it all on PC is faster and more smooth I can assure you you are wrong. First my stupid PC was updating for over 1h, now it is installing Android SDK packages for past 1h and it is not even half way through.... This is taking too much time. :( I know my PC is old but com'n :( ughhh... I am about to give up with it all...

4. zapablast05

Android SDK and its updates are extremely large files. Downloading time varies depending on your network speed. Once it's all updated and ready, it's a lot smoother, believe me.

5. Adalinka
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2015

For some stupid reason I have the same problem. PC recognizes my phone, but when I put it in fastboot mode-nada. It doesn't show up. So I can't do what they are asking me to do. This is soo annoying. :(

Renbund likes this.
  6. zapablast05

Unplug the USB from the phone, reboot into fastboot, connect the phone to the PC, open cmd, and type the command:

cd desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools

Then press enter and type in:

fastboot devices

You should get some device number. If not, then you didn't install the drivers properly. If you try installing again, try rebooting your PC for safe measure and start again. @DaxNagtegaal offered team view help if you would like to take up his offer.

When you downloaded android SDK, did you double click to install or did you drag and drop the zip to the desktop? Also turn on USB Debugging in phone settings.

7. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Mar 12, 2015 :
    My god you guys.. Should have tagged me, you took the most complicated route possible, uninstall the android SDK entirely you don't need it.

Let me send you some links and instructions hold on.

TeamValor91, zapablast05 and Adalinka like this.
  8. Adalinka
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2015

'fastboot" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file... :(

9. mvmsaikrishna

mvmsaikrishna , Mar 12, 2015 :
    Use the toolkit in this link.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mac-os-x-mac-toolkit-for-unlocking-flashing-rooting.51601/

10. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

sending you clear and easy instructions just wait please one second

Adalinka likes this.
  11. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1_Sv7SgqeYhcDVodUw3VTVEbUU/view

Android SDK Slim (Slimmed down, very tiny version of the Android SDK. Only includes fastboot and adb.

Unzip it and put the android-sdk-windows folder wherever you want. Shift right click an empty spot inside that folder, under platform-tools, and then click Open Command Window Here.

Type fastboot devices, nothing showed up because you don't have drivers. Lets get drivers.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Download and run version 1.3, say Y to all and install drivers.

Plug your phone into the computer while it's in fastboot mode (turn it on from complete off state while holding power up). type fastboot devices in the command window again. If it shows a few numbers/letters you're good to go. If not, go to Device Manager in Windows. You will see "One" or "A0001" or something along those lines. Right click it and press Update driver software > browse > pick from a list > show all devices > google > bootloader interface. Install, press yes, done.

type fastboot devices in the command window again, there you go :)

Harry2101, Adalinka and zapablast05 like this.
  12. zapablast05

Lmao you responded a few hours ago.

13. mvmsaikrishna

@Adalinka
    Use the toolkit from this link: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mac-os-x-mac-toolkit-for-unlocking-flashing-rooting.51601/
    Requirements:
    * Mac
    * OnePlus One
    * Cable to connect to your Mac

I have an iMac, let me make some points clear.

1)No drivers are needed to be installed on mac.
    2)Phone won't be detected while in fastboot by mac.
    3)Just use the toolkit from the link I provided above, it should help you without any complications/mess.

To others: Ubuntu > OS X > Windows. I'm telling this after using Windows for 7 Years, Ubuntu for 3 Years, OS X for 1.4 Years.

Adalinka and SexyHyde like this.
  14. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

lol.

"Use a toolkit" is the worst advice I've heard in my entire life, and your mac not showing your phone in fastboot is a very bad thing. You might need to use fastboot some day.

zapablast05 likes this.
  15. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , Mar 12, 2015 :
    Linux is better. I'm a windows user and when my windows 10 install failed and I used Linux to fix my bootloop issues. I almost fell off my chair at how easy it was.

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  16. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

android basically is linux, of course it's easy :p

I should really give Linux a go.

17. mvmsaikrishna

Not suggesting Toolkit for beginners will be the worst advice. When the phone is in fastboot it shows in adb but it won't open Android File Transfer.I suppose you would know this I you had owned a mac.
    And the toolkit was made by some guy to help noobs.

SexyHyde likes this.
  18. mvmsaikrishna

19. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 12, 2015

You can edititititittit

Suggesting toolkits to noobs is still stupid, because they don't learn from it at all. Teaching them how to do it is the only right way in my opinion because if anything happens again they will have the knowledge to fix it.

What do you mean the phone shows in adb when it's in fastboot? That doesn't make any sense AT ALL...

adb and fastboot are entirely different things

20. Kochens
    Honeycomb Mar 12, 2015

Kochens , Mar 12, 2015 :
    As told, connect to a PC (android an PC are the best/forget Mac)