concerned about future of OnePlus

1. sprashant01
    Froyo Apr 10, 2018

sprashant01 , Apr 10, 2018 :
    as OnePlus started as a company who offered a phone with great specs at a affordable price ,customisable os and who listens to there community. now as I can see that prices are going higher and not performing well . camera is needed a major update and I still find other budget phone perform better . project treble - other manufacturers are trying to implement on phones which came out with nougat some have already done it . security patch 2-3 months to update on stable.
    I feel like OnePlus is expending but providing that how much they are advertising concerns me as expenses of it will affect the price.
    i think OnePlus is more concerned about gaining new customer rather than focusing more on existing .by giving great experience to existing customers they will automatically earn new customers . advertisement should be to inform not to be like oppo and vivo .
    I saw advertisement of OnePlus 5 now I think it was just too good to be true .
    these are my thoughts and opinions
    if you have something to enlight me with do share .
    peace .
    if I wrote something wrong . sorry .

Yogesh Datar and Nirmal Tanishq like this.
  2. Afzal Khan
    KitKat Apr 10, 2018

Afzal Khan , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Are you saying...OP has turned into a profit oriented company from Customer centric company

I have simply converted your thoughts into words :rolleyes:

3. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

marcusskyfall , Apr 11, 2018 :
    You speak the truth... that's how companies stay profitable :)

4. PausyWorld
    Froyo Apr 11, 2018

PausyWorld , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I think there are more things playing as we see as a customer. The higher prices are beceause components (like cpu/camera/ect) are not going be cheaper but the opposite. they are growing in price. They are also investing in marketing which costs alot of money. A company as oneplus are making money on 1 phone. They don't sell more phones at the same time. This means that they need to make profit as much as they can form one device and still trying to match the price with what customers wants to pay. About the vivo and oppo stuff: Carl Pei worked as International Markets Manager at OPPO Electronics. He moved out and started a new company OnePlus. But they are under the Oppo Electronics group. So they have supplies and many more from Oppo same as Vivo. That is why some or alot products looks the same. But I agree that some stuff like camera ect, can be better. But a young company its a great start and they have many more things to learn in time.

Aman Singh gurjar likes this.
  5. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Apr 11, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 11, 2018 :
    That's what makes the world go round flat.

[GG], Hydra Bob and Lancelot_69 like this.
  6. Never Subtle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2018

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  7. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

8. dsmonteiro

Quite fine, thanks for asking. Hope you are doing fine as well.

9. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

I'm doing very well matey, nice to hear from you. Oh by the way when is the new update coming out ;)

10. dsmonteiro

As you can imagine, I know as much as you do.

11. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

I know! :) I was just joking.