Confessions of a Case Addict

1. webdevgirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2015

webdevgirl , Feb 8, 2015 :
    So, I received my OPO a couple of weeks ago, but even before that -- right after I placed my order -- I went on the hunt for, what is to me, the "perfect" case.

I typically prefer something like this because I like holsters, the screen is well protected, and it's very low-profile. Unfortunately, this type of case is not available for the OPO.

So, I started with the next best thing: the Niilkin Frosted Matte Hard Case shell. Quality not quite as good as the above and no holster, but it got me half way there. How hard could it be, after all, to find a compatible holster to go with it? Um... impossible, it turns out.

Then I scored a bamboo back for my OPO. Woohoo!! But wait... I still needed a protective case. I didn't want to obscure the beauty of the bamboo, so I purchased the One Plus One Clear case. While that sort of worked, I realized that straying so far from my preferred look of basic black was too much for me.

After much reading of the many great reviews on this forum, my next attempt at case utopia was the Diztronic Flexible TPU case. This is one sweet case! Very sexy-looking, added very little bulk to the phone, and felt great in my hand. Still no holster, but it fit in my back pocket just fine albeit a bit awkward for me at first since I'm not used to carrying a phone this way. I carried this one for the better part of a week. Then I dropped my OPO on a hard floor covered with thin carpeting. *GULP* My phone survived (thanks Diztronic!), but I decided I wanted to get something a bit more beefy.

Enter the TUDIA Ultra Tough OMNIX Heavy Duty Hybrid Full-body protective case with screen cover. Somehow, I knew this case was going to be overkill for me -- after all, I have a cushy office job and my adrenaline-junkie days have been reduced to watching extreme sports on TV -- but I have to admit that this case looks really cool. I also like the multiple layers of protection it provides. After a day of carrying it around, however, I found it too cumbersome for me and the collection of fingerprints on the plastic screen drove me crazy. Fortunately, I predicted this and also ordered what, short of a holster case like the one I mentioned in the first paragraph, is as close to case utopia as I think I'm going to get for now.

The TUDIA Slim-fit CYGEN Dual-layer protective case is THE ONE. I love this case!!! Ok, so it's not a low-profile holster case with the screen facing inward, but it does combine my favorite qualities of both the sleek Diztronic TPU case with the hard shell feature of the TUDIA OMNIX case -- without the bulk and without that awful plastic screen protector (which, I understand if you work or play in outdoor conditions is quite handy). This case easily fits in my back pocket, looks great, and provides me with great protection for average, every day use without a lot of bulk. Thanks to everyone who provided reviews of this case! Your feedback was very useful in helping me make up my mind.

Now, off to eBay to offload these other cases...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

ronoldo, gmanphx, evon and 4 others like this.
  2. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 8, 2015

Lunatasian , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Very nice! I was also considering the Omnix, but I know that I don't do much that's considered "exciting." :p
    Looks like I'll go with the CYGEN also. I have the Cruzerlite right now, but am looking for something with a bit more protection without sacrificing the slim profile.

Great review!

vmk2310 and webdevgirl like this.
  3. StuartTonkin
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

4. siocnarf13
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

siocnarf13 , Feb 8, 2015 :
    TUDIA Slim-fit CYGEN Dual-layer = Perfect OPO case :)

webdevgirl likes this.
  5. sarahannwear
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

sarahannwear , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I do plan on reading your post... But want to let you know that I knew what you meant by "case addict" as soon as I saw the title! :)

webdevgirl likes this.
  6. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

7. sarahannwear
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

sarahannwear , Feb 8, 2015 :
    And I couldn't agree more! My hubby had a OnePlus.. Same case. He loves it

webdevgirl likes this.
  8. dustbunnyck
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

dustbunnyck , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I have to confess I am the same with every phone. I end up buying almost every case available. I started getting into phones my friends don't have now I have cases all over the place I don't even have the phone anymore. I'm starting to change myself though with OPO bamboo I've been going naked a lot and enjoying it

webdevgirl likes this.
  9. salawat

salawat , Feb 8, 2015 :
    which colour of the omnix do you have? if black matte or the grey one, I'll grab it off you if you can ship to the UK

webdevgirl likes this.
  10. evon
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

evon , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Nice...my Tudia Cygen is a winner for me too. I see it as my first and only case

webdevgirl likes this.
  11. StuartTonkin
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

StuartTonkin , Feb 8, 2015 :
    search Lastu and my posts for further photos.

12. wroane
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

Lunatasian likes this.
  13. StuartTonkin
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

14. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

gmanphx , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Thanks, but it didn't impress me enough to look much further than asking you a simple question. I'll move on.

StuartTonkin likes this.
  15. webdevgirl

It's the black one, but it looks like my husband likes it better than his grey one, so the grey one is up for grabs. PM me your info and I'll arrange to get it to you.

salawat likes this.
  16. webdevgirl

Thanks! I recommend the matte black. The backing is slightly rubberized, unlike the other colors which, from what I've read/seen are quite slick.

Lunatasian likes this.
  17. Wisming
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

webdevgirl likes this.
  18. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 8, 2015

Lunatasian , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I was looking at that but the reviews turned me off. It seems that the matte black starts to peel after light use :eek:

19. salawat

salawat , Feb 8, 2015 :
    of the omnix or the tudia cygen?

20. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 8, 2015