[confirmed]Airtel launched VoLTE for Mumbai , OnePlus's Part now !

1. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 11, 2017

Bobbie63 , Sep 11, 2017 :
    And that's why OP should distinguish from those cheap brands by not introducing this cheap s*** features.

Android450 and JasonMR like this.
  2. G_Gyan_Droid_TUme
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2017

G_Gyan_Droid_TUme , Sep 11, 2017 :
    phone comes with duo pre installed
    and as as bloatware free u can uninstall duo completely if you want. you can't do that in miui or other ui phone!

3. JasonMR
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2017

JasonMR , Sep 11, 2017 :
    It's funny, I remember when video phones were first introduced in the UK many years ago.

I went out and got them for the wife and I and a few days later she went away on an overnight business trip.

I told her I was going to stay at home and have a much needed early night but of course, I went to the pub instead.

Then my phone rang and it was a video call...

Never again.

4. gubro
    KitKat Sep 11, 2017

gubro , Sep 11, 2017 :
    VoLTE is good, but as I said several times, and many others as well, your operator has to enable it for the model you are using.

5. remedy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2017

remedy , Sep 11, 2017 :
    You lost the plot long ago.

Next time you make a call, note that the phone drops 4G during the call and that 4G resumes after the call ends. If you are running VoLTE then your phone remains on 4G throughout. This means lower power consumption on your phone as the radio is only on 4G. This lower power consumption also applies when the phone is on standby.

Also, call quality is superior on VoLTE.

6. remedy
    KitKat Sep 11, 2017

7. Spannaa
    KitKat Sep 11, 2017

Spannaa , Sep 11, 2017 :
    Lol - More marketing hype from the "Shenzhen-based smartphone start-up"...

8. arnabJ
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2017

arnabJ , Sep 11, 2017 :
    VoLTE needs to be enabled by the Operator at it's end in all Tower bases.
    The device's software too should support VoLTE of that particular Carrier as even VoLTE is a service with every operator using different hardware with different drivers.

But users too need to understand that Adding support for a new operator which has just launched a new service in only one city with no guarantee of stability shouldn't be the highest priority of a Multi National Device maker such as OnePlus.

When Reliance Jio was launched in India it was a pan India launch that means the whole country had the service from get go. That was a huge user base to cover.

But that's not the case with Airtel as of now.

I am not saying that a single city's users don't have the right to get the benefits of new service just because they are minority but they should wait for sometime.

Xiaomi had launched the VoLTE support few months back even without users asking for one. This clearly shows that Airtel is already in talks with Device makers.

remedy likes this.
  9. arnabJ
    Honeycomb Sep 11, 2017

arnabJ , Sep 11, 2017 :
    I am not into the debate of whether or not OP should immediately do something about Airtel's VoLTE but yes it's my personal experience that calls made via VoLTE connect faster than non VoLTE operators.
    And its the fastest if call is made to the same operator.

I don't know if you will believe or not but I have had calls getting connected within 2 seconds to same VoLTE operator and within 5 to 8 to others.

Moreover Indian operators play voice ads about porting to them from other operators to get better service before a call gets connected. Some ads are as long as 15 to 20 seconds and then more ~8 to 10 seconds after advertisement for the call to actually get connected.
    So even if I leave the ads aside its minimum 8 to 10 seconds for the calls to get connected but through Jio that's the maximum time I experience.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017

10. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2017

saikiran4ever , Sep 12, 2017 :
    I think Oneplus has to register their mobiles as compatible ones for Volte with Airtel as they did with Reliance jio.

11. mevicks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2017

mevicks , Sep 12, 2017 :
    Oh ok. But that goes for OEM ROMs. How would this be implemented in custom roms?

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 12, 2017

dsmonteiro , Sep 12, 2017 :
    I have no reasons not to believe you. But I do think that it might be more of a country/carrier-related issue. Most of my calls connect rather quickly and there are no ads (that sounds so weird), just the call.

arnabJ likes this.
  13. G_Firicious_Gaming-_Clas
    Froyo Sep 12, 2017

G_Firicious_Gaming-_Clas , Sep 12, 2017 :
    The truth is that most of the people here in india are not illiterate but uneducated and the country is full of butt hurt people with very little knowledge on the subject. This is the main problem with all the mess going around here. The thing is that the people think that they are more smart that others and the reason...well.....its because someone they know is filthy rich and so they themselves are too lol XD

But seriously the majority of the people here are just pure plainly dumb.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  14. arnabJ
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2017

arnabJ , Sep 12, 2017 :
    Probably. I have never had a chance to visit another country so I can't speak on the service provided elsewhere.

I have myself tried to complain regarding the advertisement but no avail.

During emergencies this pose a greater threat but no one cares.

So Jio, when compared to other operators here in India does have better call connection times and service.

I just wish every operator gets there as Jio is not an option for everyone.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  15. arnabJ
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2017

arnabJ , Sep 12, 2017 :
    I didn't understood if you meant this towards me or not.

No offence though.

I too have similar views.

People here don't want to listen. They think they know everything.

16. Buzz417
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2017

Buzz417 , Sep 12, 2017 :
    Currently, none of the oneplus devices support Airtel Volte.OP has to update the software

17. Anuraj26
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2017

Anuraj26 , Sep 12, 2017 :
    seems like asking is crime??

what if he does not lives in Mumbai...isn't he eligible to know about it??
    get a life.

18. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Sep 12, 2017 :
    So any idea about what kind of bands will airtel use for their VoLTE + 4G operation. (one is frequency and one is time)

19. Anuraj26
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2017

Anuraj26 , Sep 12, 2017 :
    1800 & 2300.

SMudassar121 likes this.
  20. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2017