Confirmed! All OnePlus 5 displays are upside-down. Jelly.

1. Tareku
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2017

2. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Aug 29, 2017

youbi , Aug 29, 2017 :
    This is the main thread about the Jelly effect and all the talk surrounding it. And usually is what we use to merge threads with.

I get what you are trying to say, but the truth is that in the end its all related, so it would be better if the talk was all in the same place. Because otherwise we would have ton of similar threads and would be even harder to find anything.

I've talked about it here before also, and shared my experience and fears I had before buying the op5. Basically the being mainly an online company (were people can't actually test the devices before), ends up causing this unnecessary and completely disproportional buzz that really doesn't have anything to do with the actual reality, if people could test the phone by themselves it would make things much simpler.

Glad you understand :)

I always found that video intriguing, because not sure how he exactly did it, but on my phone, no matter the attempts I do, I can't get anything even close to that. :sweatsmile:

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 29, 2017

dsmonteiro , Aug 29, 2017 :
    I've seen several degrees of jelly, but yes, this is by far the one where it's more noticeable.

4. Tareku
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2017

Tareku , Aug 29, 2017 :
    I appreciate your work ;) thanks

youbi likes this.
  5. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Aug 29, 2017

youbi , Aug 29, 2017 :
    Yep, and the first video that caused all this talk. :sweatsmile:

I don't use twitter that much, but every time I see that video I decide to give one more try and see if I can do it, and no. That's just too much jelly. :D

The simple test that anyone can do, of flipping the screen of the phone can really show how big effect we are talking here. The truth is that you probably won't see anything. Normal use is nowhere near that video, and goes basically unnoticed.

Tareku likes this.
  6. F_Rohail_Ahmed_Abbasi_ta
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

7. G_Halmos_János_lBvq
    Froyo Aug 29, 2017

salvo.cagliari likes this.
  8. G_Halmos_János_lBvq
    Froyo Aug 29, 2017

marcusskyfall likes this.
  9. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2017

10. ejkk
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2017

ejkk , Aug 29, 2017 :
    Haven't noticed any jelly on my device. I have seen it on my friend's OP 5 tho.

11. AnshulTembhurne99
    Donut Aug 31, 2017

AnshulTembhurne99 , Aug 31, 2017 :
    I am facing this jelly scrolling issue from the past 2 days on the one plus 5. Are all users facing the issue? Should I return this model and get a new replacement one? There are no hardware issues as such that I observed.

12. feea13
    Honeycomb Aug 31, 2017

13. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 31, 2017

SoniaB , Aug 31, 2017 :
    Thread merged with existing

14. AndroidPurity
    Donut Aug 31, 2017

AndroidPurity , Aug 31, 2017 :
    I got my OnePlus 5 yesterday and with in about the second hour I noticed the Jelly scrolling. I wasn't even trying to look for it. This is really really depressing because I really love this phone otherwise.

So here I am with about 13 days left to decide to return it or not. Although I am very confused by dozens of people on here saying they don't have it. Even 1 guy above seeing it on his friends but not his own. That Makes me wonder if the effect is not as bad on some phones. It does seem to be worse on other devices and so minimal on other devices its hard for people to notice. Mine is really close to as bad as the famous you tube video.

I wish I could try at least 1 RMA but I know OnePlus said they won't do that. That way to compare if it's any different. If it was more minimal on the replacement then I could deal with it, but mine is pretty bad.

The worst part is I don't know what other premium clean Android experience phone to get in place of this which also has customizations and/or theming. The HTC U11 is the only phone I can think of, but the battery life on the U11 isn't very good, and it is not a AMOLED display, and it's considerably wider. So I don't know, this is such a hard choice!

I probably go to Sprint store this weekend to see the U11 in person and decide from there.

15. sir_schmoopy16
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2017

16. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2017

peaky blinders , Sep 1, 2017 :
    Will you still be saying this in 6-8 months when OP6 appears

17. AnshulTembhurne99
    Donut Sep 1, 2017

AnshulTembhurne99 , Sep 1, 2017 :
    I have a 6gb ram variant too. The YouTube video which was posted about the jelly scrolling was worse. I guess everybody has this issue because of the display being mounted upside down. In my case its not lagging but yeah noticeable.

18. kristijonas123
    Donut Sep 1, 2017

19. admjojo
    Froyo Sep 4, 2017

admjojo , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Are there any plans to change the future productions so the display is no longer inverted? Does anybody know?

20. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2017

ritchiedrama , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Why would he be talking about 6-8 months down the line when he was clearly talking about right now? What kind of ******* idiot are you?