[CONFIRMED] No Nougat for OP2

1. u_proprio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2017

u_proprio , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I think that's just sad that Oneplus didn't kept their word and that we got the confirmation on this through other websites (oh, we thought it was already clear for everyone...) and we didn't get an official announcement...

I'm just disappointed with this...
    IMO oneplus should close the update cycle on OP2 at least with nougat.

2. flavio.pace
    Donut Jun 12, 2017

lukatico, Manoj Kumar sj and Terrano like this.
  3. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jun 12, 2017

4. barath_000
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

5. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2017

kaihp , Jun 12, 2017 :
    @David Y.

First of all thank you for answering the communitys question about whether or not the OP2 would get Nougat. While it is sad that Oneplus had to go back on your previous statements that OP2 would get it, personally, I am fine with it.

I prefer by a long way (about the length of Mao's Long March) to know that there won't be any Nougat update, than being left in a communication void like we, the OP2 users, have been for the last several months.

Could you comment on whether or not there are any plans to bring out further (security) updates for OP2 on Marshmallow and for how long you would expect to send out updates?
    Even the answer that v3.5.8 is defacto the final release is a better answer than no answer.

6. skgharpure
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2017

7. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 12, 2017

jizang , Jun 12, 2017 :
    ditto

skgharpure likes this.
  8. cooldufff
    Eclair Jun 12, 2017

lukatico, Manoj Kumar sj and Terrano like this.
  9. sidrocks316
    Froyo Jun 12, 2017

sidrocks316 , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Will never buy one plus devices again. And i will also tell my friends and family not to buy

Manoj Kumar sj and Impulse37 like this.
  10. sztefan
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2017

sztefan , Jun 12, 2017 :
    That announcement has just allowed to make the decision to move to IPhone.

11. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

Impulse37 , Jun 12, 2017 :
    So after so many false promises and assurances, the truth finally comes out.. The Flagship Killer of 2016 is dead and buried with 2015 software!

@Carl.. Did you even consider informing this to us beforehand? Definitely you had this information since quite long back!! And yet you made fake promises to keep people hoping and and at last get someone else to announce it just before releasing OP5.. This just proves that you don't have any balls at all! You're just full of shit buddy!!

For the users of our OP2, let's tell our story to every person who wants to buy OP3T or the OP5, Let's tell this on Amazon and the various online marketplaces that we use.. We should inform the unfortunate future customers what they are getting into both online and offline..

Personally, I recommended OnePlus to my friends and colleagues. As per my suggestion 2 of my friends and 3 of my colleagues bought OnePlus devices.. A couple of OP2s and 2 OP3s and 1 OP3T... However, from now on I would actively go ahead and inform people looking to buy OnePlus, OPPO and VIVO devices about how they treat their customers after selling the device.. I'll recommend other brands which are far better than OnePlus..

Needless to say that this is my last OnePlus device ever and I'll be moving on to other better brands when the time comes for me to upgrade my device later this year!!

Wanted to start this thread to understand how many people agree with my approach of not recommending any OnePlus devices to my social circle and to check what might be the total social outreach of us OP2 users.

Thanks guys!

PS: This is the first thread I have started in this community and this will also be my last..

skgharpure, lukatico, happ0 and 5 others like this.
  12. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 12, 2017

JasonMR , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Thank the heavens for that :p

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. Chiru Crazy
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2017

14. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

Being sarcastic or still a fanboy?

15. sommersy
    KitKat Jun 12, 2017

pa5t1s likes this.
  16. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 12, 2017

JasonMR , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Sarcastic, I actually agree with you but this will probably get closed or merged.

To be fair, I was never what you could class a fanboy of OnePlus, they are OK at best, nothing more.

pa5t1s and Impulse37 like this.
  17. inffy
    KitKat Jun 12, 2017

inffy , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Thread merged to https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/confirmed-no-nougat-for-op2.496159/

pa5t1s likes this.
  18. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

Agreed!! It just got merged.. Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time by creating more threads..

A fanboy is what I would classify myself as from 2.5 years back till 8 months back.. I was an active evangelist, recommending OnePlus to my social circle whenever anyone asked for best affordable device (except the OPX.. Never liked it much), but once their true color started showing I finally stopped being naive..

Anyway.. Goodbye buddy!! Wish the best of luck to all you guys!!

JasonMR likes this.
  19. rahulnani
    Eclair Jun 12, 2017

rahulnani , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I am moving to Nokia.. Pure Android and constant updates

Manoj Kumar sj and Impulse37 like this.
  20. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

I guess you had to merge this thread.. There are many people venting out their frustration.. Anyway.. No hard feelings!!

Just wondering if you do get the reason foe our frustration.. It's not the lack of Nougat.. It's the treatment by OnePlus and especially @Carl..
    We the enthusiasts thought that here is an OEM that actually follows our ideals and willing to start a revolution.. We actively promoted OnePlus because it seemed to be the best manufacturer out there, something that really cares about it's customers only to have a rude awakening and understanding how little they care about us.. Their customers and followers!!