[CONFIRMED] No Nougat for OP2

1. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2017

2. aarki
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

aarki , Mar 21, 2017 :
    Oneplus team and @Carl accepted that oneplus 2 is their failure.
    But let me be more precise and clear, Oneplus 2 isn't failure yes it lack in some areas.
    One the biggest drawback is that OP2 doesn't have NFC but that is not major issue for most of countries.Country like India, china are not that dependent on Android pay and NFC featured devices.

Fast charging is one the lack but if oneplus can manage optimizing and improve battery life people will have at least enough juice remain in their phone for work at the end of the day.

Snapdragon 810 heating issue is well managed by Oneplus as compared other S810 Chip device.

Camera perform well and other things are as good as last to last year's flagship.

Design of OP2 is in my opinion is the still the best by Oneplus. Perfect belnd of premiumness. For me premium is not which keep asking your attention, it must be simple and sober and pleasant to your hands.

Only one area where I agree with Oneplus that Oneplus 2 is failure is lack of "Software support".
    Yes Oneplus still you have chance to keep this devices alive and kicking, if you improve Oneplus 2 software and keep giving him priority in update.
    We aren't asking too much.
    Just need small part of your software team to given attention to OP2 user need and software.

Loyal Oneplus User

Anil Thomas likes this.
  3. Anil Thomas
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

Anil Thomas , Mar 21, 2017 :
    Battery drain is a huge issue in OP2 and it is just because of lack in software support, if it can be improve then OP2 is well and fine.

iAnkur and aarki like this.
  4. chzetzl
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2017

chzetzl , Mar 21, 2017 :
    What drugs do you smoke?
    Do you believe, what you are saying?

5. SaketGillurkar
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2017

SaketGillurkar , Mar 21, 2017 :
    Battery draining issue... Heating issue Also lagging wihile heatup..and playing low graphic game Need more software optimisation and improvements

iAnkur likes this.
  6. jizang
    Lollipop Mar 21, 2017

jizang , Mar 21, 2017 :
    LOL...tl:dr - long arse way of asking for N ? :D

7. Karanjeetsingh89
    Donut Mar 21, 2017

8. Karanjeetsingh89
    Donut Mar 21, 2017

9. Aki1596
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

Aki1596 , Mar 21, 2017 :
    indeed, no patience...

10. SBLApps
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

11. aarki
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

aarki , Mar 21, 2017 :
    Not at all we need improved software.
    If they deliver N with same bugs as 3.5.6 then that N has no use. We just need stable and battery efficient Update

12. iAnkur
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

13. iAnkur
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

iAnkur , Mar 21, 2017 :
    one will definately provide Android n to op2 I believed on one plus

14. jizang
    Lollipop Mar 21, 2017

jizang , Mar 21, 2017 :
    NOPE, been living under a ROCK :D

ShortyEx likes this.
  15. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2017

ShortyEx , Mar 21, 2017 :
    There is a dedicated thread about LOS in the OP2 development section. There are a ton of N based roms to choose from btw.

And OnePlus has confirmed an update coming soon so we'll just have to wait and see what that brings from their side. They only this custom roms desperatly need atm is the sources from OOS so they can fix random reboots and network drops.

16. Anil Thomas
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2017

Anil Thomas , Mar 21, 2017 :
    I got the nougat update and it is very stable and no heating, no battery drain, no network drops, jio is working flawless, call quality is good.
    but this all I got in my Moto G5 plus

17. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2017

18. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2017

19. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 21, 2017

SoniaB , Mar 21, 2017 :
    thanks for sharing but essentially you are talking about the next update which as far as anyone knows will be N so merged with main thread
    I merged your thread with the main thread also since it was to do with N in the OP2.
    Indeed people have heard of it. There is a thread dedicated to Lineage in the development section already

20. VENKAT11214
    Froyo Mar 21, 2017