[CONFIRMED] No Nougat for OP2

1. mjoshi
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

mjoshi , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I love reading these comments. It's so entertaining, I find it funny how people are comparing OnePlus devices to Samsung and Apple or even Xiaomi. All those companies are a lot larger and are financially doing a lot better.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  2. G_Jeremy_Bonello_Boissev
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

G_Jeremy_Bonello_Boissev , Apr 22, 2017 :
    Yes I'm aware, and I've stated exactly that above

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  3. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

Impulse37 , Apr 22, 2017 :
    I don't think we can compare OnePlus with Apple or Samsung on their device pricing, financial condition, market size, os optimization and especially commitment to customer support..

The last point is what we want OP to improve on and better communicate with their customers.

I am myself a software engineer working on large web applications and I do understand that some things take time and resources and there is no way around it.. if something takes 6 months it's fine, but we always let our business teams know that these features are complex and they will take time and prove an ETA. If further complexity is encountered during development, then also we do update them on the status.
    This is what we want from OnePlus.. we understand it's a smaller company, but I don't think communicating the status to customers weekly or biweekly is a huge task! We would even praise OP if they just start a monthly beta program for our OP2 showing their comittment.

But unfortunately what they are doing instead is overpromising when selling a device and then completely ignore the customers after just a year!

4. Ravi BINAVAT
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2017

5. G_Hanan_Wani_tYBA
    Donut Apr 23, 2017

G_Hanan_Wani_tYBA , Apr 23, 2017 :
    What am I supposed to do with my Op2 throw it away. Your company has totally ignored our device. Is this the support you show to your base building costumers who helped you achieve this feat on the international market? Its over a year now and still no noughat update?! Either you put out updates for the Op2 and Op1 or stop your marketing all together and stop deceiving us with your bloody underrated costumer services!

6. Puru_
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

Puru_ , Apr 23, 2017 :
    You will not be getting the official Nougat update any time soon. Go with LineageOS if you want nougat desperately.

7. mjoshi
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2017

mjoshi , Apr 23, 2017 :
    What can Nougat do for you that you can't do with Marshmallow? The only issue is these useless post.

Ribu singh and elanglois like this.
  8. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2017

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 23, 2017

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    split screen, run new apps, new security, new features, avoid maintaining legacy code, therefore, more updates to come, better battery management, smarter notifications, proper app permisions on demand

and most important

the sensation this company has not scammed us.

being real for once, until OnePlus X got it's last update, OP2 support was a joke, and after that, OP2 support has been denied except for stupid icon packs and another builds that brought actually nothing.

10. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2017

marcellogoiaba , Apr 23, 2017 :
    1 - It got the latest security patches in the last update (a few weeks ago).

2 - OnePlus 2 has already most of Nougat features in the current version of OxygenOS (I own both OnePlus 2 and OnePlus 3 phones) .

3 - There isn't any app on Play Store that runs on Nougat and doesn't run on Marshmallow.

4 - You might still get the update, OnePlus has said it'll still update it until June this year. However, OnePlus X isn't getting Nougat update as Snapdragon 801 isn't compatible with it.

5 - Other manufacturers (Samsung, LG) are also terrible with updates, Samsung Galaxy S7 only got Nougat a month ago, and it was their last year's flagship, a much more expensive phone and they're a much bigger company.

6 - Other competitors from same price range (Asus, Xiaomi) have the same issue with updates. Xiaomi never gives you Android updates, only MIUI updates. A 2014 mi Pad still runs on KitKat, it gets frequent security and feature update but never Android updates.

I know it's frustrating not to have the latest updates. But in the end of the day what difference will it make if you get it now, next month, or not getting it at all?? And what's the point of this thread?

balaji93 likes this.
  11. kiranbhat055
    Eclair Apr 24, 2017

kiranbhat055 , Apr 24, 2017 :
    As you said the Samsung and MIUI both os comes with custom UI and tones of their own features so they don't really require Android OS even they don't release buggy os like OnePlus does....
    As you know OnePlus doesn't come with their own Custom ui... so people expect OnePlus to release updates ASAP...
    When they released OnePlus 3t the CEO promised that there ll be no delay in releasing updates...
    Here the issue is not that you release Android 7.0 update or know... people are just asking clarification whether OnePlus is eligible for 7.0 if yes when...

Sandeep Poddar and Dunnow like this.
  12. kiranbhat055
    Eclair Apr 24, 2017

kiranbhat055 , Apr 24, 2017 :
    update or NO*

13. tusar8
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2017

tusar8 , Apr 24, 2017 :
    Consider it as a noob question but i'm curious to know if oneplus 1 hardware doesn't support nougat. Then how did lineageos provide nougat to oneplus 1?

14. ParthSalvi16
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2017

ParthSalvi16 , Apr 24, 2017 :
    Nougat on my OP2 would give me satisfaction of running a 2016 software on my “2016 Flagship Killer" , and not an outdated 2015 software.

Dunnow and SAJITH G like this.
  15. sir_adh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2017

sir_adh , Apr 24, 2017 :
    OnePlus new launcher requires 7.0, Google Phone app requires 7.0

Dunnow likes this.
  16. sir_adh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2017

sir_adh , Apr 24, 2017 :
    Overall it's not just about giving updates. like @Dunnow said, their company support is a joke and ignoring their ex- flagship killer is pissing on old customers.

enea 54, kiranbhat055 and Dunnow like this.
  17. aakashvarshney
    Eclair Apr 24, 2017

aakashvarshney , Apr 24, 2017 :
    We dont want nougat update we just need stable update which make us say that os is daily driver for our phone

Dunnow and kiranbhat055 like this.
  18. ParthSalvi16
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2017

Why do you use the word ‘we'?! If you want to express your thoughts , pls speak on your behalf , and not for everyone else.

If the company wanted to , they could've already provided us with an update with nougat , and minimal bugs , considering the time span since nougat was released.

balaji93 likes this.
  19. aakashvarshney
    Eclair Apr 24, 2017

20. ParthSalvi16
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2017

I agree with your 5th point , Samsung is a very large company compared to OnePlus , and almost all their mid range and high range phones released after 2016 are able to run Nougat , so it's okay if they take a bit time to deliver the updates. BUT , OnePlus only has 5 phones in total , and only 3 of them are capable of running Android Nougat , and out of those 3 , 2 have already been given Nougat. So what's taking them so long for providing Nougat for the OP2?