[CONFIRMED] Pete Lau speaks - NO OnePlus 9T and a New Unified OS

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Oct 7, 2021

YRJ , Oct 7, 2021 :
    The OnePlus 6T follows the old software maintenance schedule and as such it has already received the promised 2 Major Android version updates since launch. It is approaching EOL later this month, hence going forward it will only receive security patches. Or maybe there would be one last update (?) Since Abdul didn't mention it in the last update post.

The Nord phones however follow the new software maintenance schedule and will receive Android 12. Except for the N series phones.

Artemus likes this.
  2. Faisal Ekram
    Froyo Oct 8, 2021

Faisal Ekram , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 8, 2021 :
    I don't like color os totally and i Don't want to see color os in my oneplus phone...if this happen i just break my phone. This make me so angry

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Oct 8, 2021

YRJ , Oct 8, 2021 :
    I believe that is inevitable since OnePlus is switching to unified OS in 2022 and all supported device would get the same os moving forward.

Out of curiosity, what part of color os do you not like?

4. Ellistar
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2021

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Why little experience I have of it I dislike. It feels unnecessarily busy and controlling. The design ootbox is really not my taste and I would have to work hard or even put a launcher on it before I was happy.

I have never done this because I have always carefully chosen my handsets before. Oneplus were high on my list as a clean and easy to use phone right from first button press.

This has and is changing for the worse. I am kind of glad that os12 is not hitting my handset, although I think the 6T deserves it. That of course is just more axing.

So I will use this time left to gather funds and move elsewhere.

Pixel 6, 5 years of updates and clean os anyone?

YRJ likes this.