[CONFIRMED] Pete Lau speaks - NO OnePlus 9T and a New Unified OS

1. gemini80 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Aug 10, 2021 :
    My self I would love to have a 9 pro I had never even headed of one plus or paid any attention to it until I was in need of a a new phone and being a long time lg customer and supporter I was in search of an lg but every phone that I looked at just wasn't what I wanted then I saw the one plus nord 5g and I couldn't find any phone and do mean ANY phone that has as much tech. In it as the nord especially for the price and it's been one of the best phones I have perchased in a long time so naturaly I would go with the flagship all the way having found thus far my new favorite phone being one plus thanks guys for a great product.

YRJ likes this.
  2. Sumanthkumar_10
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2021

YRJ likes this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Aug 11, 2021

YRJ , Aug 11, 2021 :
    I think that's for the concept devices they have revealed in the past. The concept 1 and Concept 2 (8T) was to show that they are experimenting.

But if we were to consider commercially available devices the 7T was the only “distinct” T phone we have seen so far.

McJader and nerdkabir like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Aug 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Aug 11, 2021 :
    UPDATE: Twitter Tease!
    T or no T?

OnePlus from its official Twitter handle has posted a new tweet that suggests that the 9T might actually be happening. The tweet also includes a photo of what looks like an oversaturated OnePlus 9 in Arctic Blue with a caption, “The #OnePlus9 in tea”. However, they were cautious enough to not confirm the existence of a T by saying, “Don’t read too much into it”

As of now, the OnePlus 9T continues to be surrounded by an air of uncertainty. This thread will be updated as and when we hear more about the T!

Screenshot_20210811-184446.jpg

Legitti, inghm, nerdkabir and 6 others like this.
  5. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2021

McJader , Aug 11, 2021 :
    OnePlus seems to be in teasing mode these dayso_O
    Again, I think this is just the social media team being "creative".
    It's too early for them to start teasing a T device anyways (going by previous years).

6. YRJ

YRJ , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Maybe they weren't kidding when they said “don't read too much into it”

McJader likes this.

7. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 19, 2021

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Aug 19, 2021

AlienEye, Caomhin and McJader like this.
  9. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 19, 2021

McJader likes this.
  10. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 19, 2021

AlienEye likes this.
  11. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Aug 19, 2021

Stickied Post
    Cheetosdust , Aug 19, 2021 :
    Well well well, it seems that we won't get a OnePlus 9T, but a OnePlus 9 RT can be on the cards for October in China and India.

Please continue the discussion about that alleged model here - this thread is about all-things related to news and rumors about the OnePlus 9T.

Thank you.

inghm, nerdkabir, Gor. and 1 other person like this.
  12. xpranavkothari
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2021

13. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 28, 2021

pablofg1978 , Aug 28, 2021 :
    Thread merged

YRJ likes this.
  14. DusTie669
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2021

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Sep 20, 2021 :
    UPDATE: 20/09/2021

OnePlus CEO, Pete Lau, in a round table interview with the Verge (and other journalists) officially announced that there will not be a 9T this year. He said, “this year we will not be launching a T-series product” confirming that there are no plans for a pro variant either.

While skipping a T variant seems reasonable, given that the 9 Series are quite capable and also receiving new features via updates, it still feels strange as we have grown accustomed to the bi-annual refresh devices. Now, whether if the 10 series will be revealed earlier as a result of this development still stands to question but it's safe to assume that a flagship launch is not on the cards this year.

There are reports of a 9RT being in the works and with notable leakers even betting on a launch date, an updated mid-ranger might be on its way.

In the same interview, Pete shared more details about the joint efforts between OPPO and OnePlus. Following the successful codebase merger of Color Os and Oxygen OS in July 2020, the company is now switching to a new “unified software” the first phone to run this blended experience is expected to be announced in Q2 2022, likely the OnePlus 10 Series. Furthermore, OnePlus’s fast charge tech - Warp charge will now be integrated with OPPO’s SuperVOOC technology.

OnePlus still stresses that these changes are for the better and that OnePlus 2.0 aims to bring the best of both worlds - speed and reliability - together.

However, I'm curious to hear your thoughts. What do you think?

16. V1625294408071
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2021

17. ChaudharyNarayan
    Donut Sep 21, 2021

ChaudharyNarayan , via OnePlus 9R , Sep 21, 2021 :
    Awesome

18. gbvreddy
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2021