Connection drops during phone calls

1. Philipp D
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Philipp D , Apr 19, 2021 :
    For a few days I have been facing connection problems when making a phone call. The connection to the mobile network ("No Sim inserted") as well as WiFi suddenly just drops and then reconnects a few seconds later. Often this happens even before a connection to the other person is established or later in the call as well. These connection drops have also frequently happened randomly, but more often while trying to make a phone call. The problem is occuring so often that I can't really use my phone for calls anymore.
    I have taken out the SIM card and made sure it is not corroded or something similar. I have also restarted the phone and reset the mobile network settings.
    A friend who also has a OnePlus 6 has been facing the same issues for roughly the same amount of time.

Also, since about when the connection drops started occuring, sometimes I can'tt hear the other person and the other person can't hear me on regular phone calls. Calls via WhatsApp (i.e. via Internet) are not affected.

Has anyone been facing the the same issues and perhaps been able to fix it?

2. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 19, 2021 :
    If its happening on 2 phones of the same model, and around the same time, is there an app or apps you have installed or updated that coincided with this Network and WiFi issue happening.

Are you both on the same Network and WiFi routers or even the same Router models?

Do you leave close to each other, was there any installation of equipment locally that may be causing interference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This suggestion will reset both WiFi and Mobile Network adapters.

Reset your Network adapters, see if that helps.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

Also check out additional possible solutions at the link below.

How To Fix Common Wi-Fi Problems In Android

https://www.techjunkie.com/fix-wi-fi-problem-android/

Mobile Network Issues, Ways to Fix Common Problems
    https://telecomtalk.info/cellular-network-issues-ways-fix-common-problems/305913/

rHITkM. likes this.