considering a switch. Here are my questions as an iPhone user

1. ddobric
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2015

ddobric , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1) No lags at all
    2) 1,5-2 days of "normal" usage (I use only Wi-Fi, 0-24h)
    3) after 4 months almost as good as new, I put case and Nilkin 9H tempered glass after 3-4 weeks of use, no drops for now (there is no such screen that won't crack under some circumstances - which you can't predict of course)
    4) additional INFO for you (although you didn't ask): Wi-Fi from time to time just stops working, and you can't help it unless doing Airplane mode On/Off or reboot. It happens 2-3 times a week, but I can live with that - anything else really works fantastic, so my recommendation is: Go for it! ;)
    5) don't forget the price difference too! :)

2. alianwar70
    Eclair Jan 19, 2015

3. firewire2035
    KitKat Jan 19, 2015

firewire2035 , Jan 19, 2015 :
    ??? the past does not predict the future. may be even customer service for OP.

4. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2015

lassmat , Jan 19, 2015 :
    Also, these issues have been addressed extensively in other threads, For example, issues relating to performance of the battery have been separately discussed. Just search for the them.

5. goneplus
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2015

goneplus , Jan 19, 2015 :
    Not sure what you mean by lag issues, but the phone is fast, really fast. I have not experienced any reboot issues. As far as the battery is concerned I guess it depends on what you mean by normal usage. I do some light texting, web browsing, email, and occasionally stream music. I go 4-5 days between charges which I think is fantastic. On my Galaxy S3 the same usage I was charing my phone every might. Couldn't even get 24 hours out of it.

I have a tempered glass screen protector and a case on my phone. I've dropped it probably half a dozen times so far, sometimes with extreme force, and the screen has held up fine. Of course your milage might vary. I've found with screens sometimes it's more luck than anything else as to whether or not it cracks. Even iPhone screens crack.... ;)

6. blehglad138
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2015

blehglad138 , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1)Have you experience lag/reboot issues? How bad were they?
    I get them occasionally. Not the lag but the reboot issue and it's not too bad. My main issue is the phone randomly thinks I'm tapping at an area if I don't reboot the phone once a week. Sometimes it just does it a lot, then stops, then does it again.

2)How is your battery life under normal usage?
    I use it for 2 days without charging and normally get 3-4 hours of screen on time. Sometimes (like today) it goes down to 30% in less than a day with 1 hour screen on time with Android OS taking up most of my battery...

3)Does the screen crack easily? / How quickly does the cosmetics wear off?
    I've dropped my phone twice, once face down on tile, with no case and I have no cracks yet. (knock on wood). The sandstone is coming off though.

7. Sticky stanly
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2015

Sticky stanly , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1) no lag. This thing is faster than anyother device with the snapdragon 801 and even some with 805.

2) record battery life. Youll get 6-8 hours ost with heavy usage.

3) screen is beautiful. Sharp. And feels nice to each swipe. Of course this being a larger device, the display can being worrying. However there are amazing screen protectors available.

Hope this helps!

whitneyhu likes this.
  8. Pogiguy
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2015

Pogiguy , Jan 19, 2015 :

Here's my experience after about 2 months of ownership.

1.) No lag. Phone is very speedy. I do have MAJOR reboot issues. I reboot reliably about every 64 minutes, or about 23x per day. Still trying to work thru this issue with customer support.

2.) Battery is best of any phone I've had to date. It can take pretty much anything I throw at it (streaming audio/ video on commute in/ out of work, immediate notifications, hitting twitter all day, maybe 10-15 min phone calls, checking internet multiple times thru day) and still have leftover power by the time I need to turn in for the night. I'd say it lasts me about 15-17 hours per day with about 3 1/2 to 5+ hours of screen time.

3.) No screen issues. Build quality seems very high.

whitneyhu likes this.
  9. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

whitneyhu , Jan 19, 2015 :
    thank you for your response!

kpaton likes this.
  10. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

haha yea thats probs not a good idea

11. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

thank you for your response! nice video

12. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

thank you for your response! I think I will switch. Just want to wait for the next oneplus phone since my iPhone5 still works fine, except the battery is annoying

13. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

thank you for your response!

Jamesst20 likes this.
  14. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2015

Jamesst20 , Jan 19, 2015 :
    No problem, by the way, all answers were provided by self experience :)

15. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

fair point man, fair point.
    What I am most annoyed about is actually transferring my contacts etc to another non-iPhone phone. Also the fact that I don't know if there is any good email app on android.

16. whitneyhu
    Donut Jan 19, 2015

17. lutti
    KitKat Jan 19, 2015

lutti , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1) No i haven't.
    2) 2-3 days normaly but i have had it last even over 4 days with super light usage.
    3) Would you pay me for testing this? Mine hasn't cracked yet and my phone is just like a new one after 6 months.

whitneyhu likes this.
  18. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Jan 19, 2015

mwebsterpgh , Jan 19, 2015 :
    Switching contacts is not a big deal. You just log onto your iCloud account on the web and create a V-card file. You can upload this to Google contacts if you have an evil Google account.

whitneyhu likes this.
  19. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2015

ClicheUsername , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1) No lag but I do get random reboots occasionally

2) after about 8 hours of stanby it drops to 85%, then I get about 5 Hours of screen on time

3) it's pretty fragile, put a tempered glass screen protector and a case on it
    No answer about rubbing off, I never take my case off

Hope I helped

whitneyhu likes this.
  20. joejongue
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2015

joejongue , Jan 19, 2015 :
    1. No lag what's so ever
    2. Normal usage differ from one person to another but I get 24h+
    3. Screen is fragile, if you look carefully the screen is not flush but sticks up from the bezel. Highly recommend tempered glass protecter. Dropped one on to tile for, no damage luckily

whitneyhu likes this.