2. Reading an already attached note during the call

3. Record the speech during the call using voice transcription

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jol333
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

jol333 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Contact Notes

Who are the users?

This is a generic feature helpful for anyone who wants to attach notes to a contact and see it during the call. Also, take notes during the call. It is especially useful for sales executives, students, customers who call service providers etc.

What is the proposed function?

Whenever I call my broadband service provider for any query or complaint, they always ask my customer ID. Then I have to check my laptop and read it to them. If I don’t have laptop with me, I have to note it down from Google Keep and tell them.

The same way, whenever during the call if someone asks me to note down something, I have to find a pen and paper to write it down. Later on I'll miss it somewhere.

It will be really really helpful if I can attach notes to my contacts. It may be some ID, or their birthday or anything that is related to that contact. So that before calling the contact, I can see this note if I want. Or if during the call, I can read it out to them.

The proposed functionality is attaching notes to contacts and view it later from the contact page or call screen. The functionality also extends to take notes during the call either by typing or voice transcription.

What is the user value?

• User can keep the contact related information directly inside the contact.
    • User can see the contact notes during the call from the call screen itself. No need to look around, search in other apps etc.
    • No need of a paper to take notes during the call.
    • Sync notes along with the contact to the server.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

There are certain apps available like Call Notes Pro, Call Writer etc. But they only allow to take notes during the call. They won’t attach it to the contact or sync it to the server. Also, these 3rd party apps hinder the call operations by overlaying it with their UI. The proposed feature is tightly integrated with the contacts and can be synced along with contact.

Logic behind this product and how you want it to be implemented

Goto Contacts > Open Contact > Scroll down to ‘Notes’ section > See existing notes. Tap on any note to see it completely. Use the 3 dots (menu icon) to delete or share a note.
    01.png

Click on 'NEW' button to add new note.
    02.png
    Either type the notes using keyboard or click on the microphone icon at the bottom left corner to input text by voice transcription.

Once a note is added, a notepad icon will be shown against that contact in the contacts list.
    03.png

During the call, click on the ‘Notes’ button to see the existing notes attached to that contact.
    04.png

Put the call on speaker mode and read out the notes if needed.
    05.png

Click on the ‘Add Note’ button to add a new note (same screen as above). Put the call on speaker mode and type the note using keyboard. Or click on the microphone icon at the bottom left corner to input text by voice transcription.
    06.png

This is the overall workflow of this feature.
    Artboard.png

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

2. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Feb 20, 2019

3. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 20, 2019

camohan , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Thread has been edited to remove personal information.

David Y. likes this.
  4. jol333
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

jol333 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Those are dummy contacts. That mobile number is also not valid.

BeingIncog likes this.
  5. jol333
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2019

jol333 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Please revert it back. There is no personal info in the above screenshots. They are dummy information just for demonstration purpose.

BeingIncog likes this.
  6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 20, 2019

camohan , Feb 20, 2019 :
    I can't revert back the deleted photos. You may please re-upload the same and please make sure to blur the numbers (you never know whose number it is) or use a dummy number which appears dummy obviously like 1234456789.