Contact photos from facebook

1. InDiSent
    Froyo Apr 19, 2016

2. Bubbha
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2016

3. InDiSent
    Froyo Apr 21, 2016

InDiSent , Apr 21, 2016 :
    Nah, I don't wanna use an app for that. I'd rather if it was a built in option like in Samsung.

4. K4Y5
    Donut Apr 21, 2016

K4Y5 , Apr 21, 2016 :
    In that case, go back to using a samsung phone.
    I am quite sure most of us would like their phones and stock ROMs bloat free.

5. InDiSent
    Froyo Apr 23, 2016

InDiSent , Apr 23, 2016 :
    Thanks for replying and trying to be helpful, but that last response was totally stupid. What's the difference of them building that feature in to the ROM as opposed to using a 3rd party app? I would think having it built in would be better and allow them to make it better rather than relying on another party. In the future if your only response is not helpful then don't reply. It's stupid comments like yours that make these forums useless.

People come to ask questions and learn. I was asking if there was a way to do what I asked. I wasn't looking for some stupid fanboy response.

kaushik.bose81 likes this.
  6. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2016

Amjass12 , Apr 23, 2016 :
    No that's useless. Even bb10 would automatically search for a contact picture from fb as a default for contacts if not change by the user. After that it would go to Twitter. It is a good idea that Google should implement which gives your contacts photos where possible if it can find accounts linked to a fb/linked account through a phone number

AuttoMatta likes this.
  7. K4Y5
    Donut May 1, 2016

K4Y5 , May 1, 2016 :
    You would like it built in? For every single pointless request like yours, there are 10 bug reports that the devolopers would rather spend their time fixing.

You're just naive if you think for a second that a Google developed OS or a third party AOSP ROM would offer out of the box solution to importing Facebook data, when they'd rather have people maintain their Google profiles.

Your last gem of a comment goes both ways. Stupid dumb questions probably make the forums even more useless, which should probably be evident by the lack of replies to your 'request'.

Last but not the least, I am not a oneplus fan boy, but a realist who appreciates no nonsense products over bloated pieces of crap being peddled by most OEMs these days.

Regardless, you have a good day finding a ROM with extremely critical inbuilt features for importing Facebook data of your contacts.

Happy hunting.

Tobikage likes this.
  8. InDiSent
    Froyo May 1, 2016

InDiSent , May 1, 2016 :
    Bye Felicia!