contacts automatically deleted via OnePlus 7T

1. D1572406744864
    Froyo Jan 29, 2020

Venkat0309 and Dr Anisul Islam like this.
  2. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Jan 29, 2020 :
    I am not having that issue; however, I have had it in the past with other Android phones (and even BlackBerry phones before then) when contact synchronization with Gmail was enabled. The same thing happened with the calendar: Appointments either disappeared or were duplicated -- sometimes many, many times over -- for no apparent reason.

It was a frequent-enough, annoying-enough, and persistent-enough problem that I created a Gmail account solely for the phone, started using K-9 for personal and business mail, disabled synchronization between Gmail and the Contacts and Calendar apps, and started using a CardDAV address book and a CalDAV calendar instead. This requires a connector app (I use DAVx5) to sync with Calendar and Contacts because Android does not natively support CardDAV or CalDAV.

This was about seven years ago, and I haven't used Google sync at since then; so I can't say whether they ever got around to fixing the issue. I definitely can say that it used to be an issue and remained one for a long-enough time that I swore off Google sync. On the other hand, I have never had a single contact nor appointment disappear (nor be duplicated) when using CardDAV / CalDAV sync.

My experience is old and not related to this particular phone, so take it for what it's worth. It may or may not still be an issue. But based on my own experience, Gmail synchronization would be my number one suspect.

Richard

3. dudu_n
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

dudu_n , Jun 24, 2020 :
    SAME ISSUE HERE! OP5T - all contacts on google contacts are getting deleted daily!
    i do a UNDO CHANGES - but in a few hours - same issue again.

4. Dr Anisul Islam
    Eclair Jun 24, 2020

Dr Anisul Islam , Jun 24, 2020 :
    contacts are not deleted but names are not shown during income calls , whatsapp but when searched contacts are there. having this issue for last 3 to 4 days

5. G1551717762240
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

G1551717762240 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Did you find a solution for this, am also facing the same problme

6. Dr Anisul Islam
    Eclair Sep 2, 2020

Dr Anisul Islam , Sep 2, 2020 :
    the issue automatically resolved after some days. may be after an update