Contacts automatically merging

1. kb.sarfaraz
    Gingerbread May 20, 2017

2. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 May 20, 2017

SoniaB , May 20, 2017 :
    As per forum rules

1.1 Thread title
    Your thread title should be legible, informative, and related to the content of your thread.

I have therefore edited your thread title from "disgusting!" to one that is a bit clearer.
    I have seen the cases of duplicated contacts but not one where the phone just decides to randomly merge with another contact name.

What have you done to resolve the issue? Clear cache, reboot, reset of your device???

varma246 likes this.
  3. varma246
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

varma246 , May 20, 2017 :
    afaik...he didn't do anything.

@Adam Krisko ,just add a new section in community forum which consists of FORUM RULES....is it possible?

4. Android450
    Marshmallow May 20, 2017

Android450 , May 20, 2017 :
    His original thread title had no connection to the content in the thread

varma246 and SoniaB like this.
  5. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 20, 2017 :
    Why are you tagging Adam needlessly?
    Also, the forum rules appear at the bottom of every page if you are using a web browser. Thread starter has been a user of the forum for almost 6 months now. He should be aware of the rules.

6. Android450
    Marshmallow May 20, 2017

Android450 , May 20, 2017 :
    BTW where do the rules pop up? I don't see them?

7. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 20, 2017 :
    They don't pop up but if you are using a web browser, they appear at the bottom of the page

snip.PNG

8. Android450
    Marshmallow May 20, 2017

9. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 20, 2017 :
    Yeah desktop only at the moment

Android450 likes this.
  10. varma246
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

varma246 , May 20, 2017 :
    he is the right person to tagg.

I heard that there is chat section under development along with that adding forum rules section is to give More awareness to people about rules.

most of the people uses app to create thread ended up with broken pics and rules.

what is the purpose of pre-insatlling app then... with out any rules.... it's not the cupcakes problem as I can see,they don't know any single rules.

who is this fault by the way???

11. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 20, 2017 :
    Well you are going way off-topic here from the main point of this thread. But to answer, Adam is not the right person to tag here as he is not part of the forum/web team that would deal with updates and changes to the forum.

He is part of the ROM team for OOS specifically the beta releases and so has nothing to do with the community app.
    The part about the broken pics and the forum rules not being visible via the app, I do agree with you on and then has been fed back to the Community Managers already. The app is very much a work in progress.

However, there are several pinned threads on the forum already that guide new users to the forum rules etc.
    In the case of this thread starter, he is hardly new having been active since December 2016 and opened 27 threads during that time, so he obviously knows how to navigate on the forum and ergo should by now have figured the rules out [​IMG]

To stop anymore derailment of this thread, reply back to me in PM if you want to discuss this further. [​IMG]