Contacts lost!!

1. Aditya Chaudhary
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2015

Aditya Chaudhary , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Hi,
    I faced the same problem today. A moment i checked my contacts they were just fine, after some time when i tried to dial a number, to the surprise, all the contacts stored in phone memory were deleted.

Can some one help in this regard.

2. Chintan Turakhia
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2015

Chintan Turakhia , Feb 21, 2015 :
    I have the same issue now nitin, funny I too was a Sony user. I got an update from CM which automatically downloaded, after which I lost all my contacts. The Contacts to Display also isnt helping nor are any sync options. No proper response too from the OPO call centre

3. Chintan Turakhia
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2015

I found one more interesting thing that some of my contacts are now only displaying the whatssapp number all other details the email, Co etc all lost

4. astralbee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 21, 2015

astralbee , Feb 21, 2015 :
    You don't use Google for your contacts? Seriously?

There's a whole bunch of things like rooting, backing up, switching away from sim contacts etc etc that everybody KNOWS are a good idea but they keep putting them off... and the longer you put them off, the more inconvenient it becomes to do it. Nobody wants to unlock their bootloader to root and wipe all their game progress etc - but if you do it early on then you can back everything up super-easy and any problems in the future involving a reset or wipe can be done in minutes without any loss. Same with contacts - spend some time moving all your contacts from your sim and other storage to your gmail contacts, if synch doesnt work then do it manually if you have to - you'll only have to do this once and then you will never lose your contacts again.

soulpurge3702 likes this.
  5. Chintan Turakhia
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2015

If you find a solution please let me know.

6. jfcarneiro
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2015

jfcarneiro , Mar 10, 2015 :
    This just happened to me!
    I had contacts stored locally and lost almost all.
    This is a phone, right?
    The version of Cyanogen OS is 11.0-XNPH05Q.
    How to solve this?

7. Caam
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2015

Caam , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Yeah,, happend to me too! Did not do anything nor get an update. I just wanted to check my messages when I saw that all names were gone, went it to my contacts list and it was empty :(. Anyone know a solution to this problem? (I've made a backup to my SIM-card earlier, but it couldn't find any number there either) so frustrating >_<

8. R3dM4n
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2015

R3dM4n , Jul 13, 2015 :
    I've experienced this issue when the OS upgraded to a new version. Didn't give it much thought and couldn't really be bothered with the issue of losing over 1300 contacts. Until it started to bug me, just the thought of not being able to make the phone dance to what I was singing.
    Turns out the issue is extremely simple to resolve.
    Just login to your gmail account and find "import contacts" (I've done this on PC, much quicker)
    This feature allows you to import contacts and emails from almost any other email provider.
    I've only imported the contacts and within 2 minutes they all showed up on my phone,

9. jkesarwani
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2016

jkesarwani , Mar 1, 2016 :
    Its worse with me, I sync all my contacts with google and still I am losing my contacts everyday. Its virtually like .... a few minutes back I talked with my associate and remembered that I missed a couple of points, i am looking back and his number is not there in the contacts. I had to retrieve it from the last dialled number.
    I have just purchased this new phone and its really frustrating...I jus cannot be sure ever if the next time I am looking for a contact the number wld be there or not. My old phone Samsung S2 in spite of its limitations atleast kept my contacts secure and that was android too.....its first time im facing this problem with this phone.
    Another unique problem I am facing is that eveytime I save a new number it appears as two entries in the Contacts...so all my contacts are existing as two entries in the contacts and still they are lost just when I need them.
    Very frustating phone....!!

10. ShashankAggarwal
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

ShashankAggarwal , Jan 21, 2017 :
    There is another problem with nougat, i.e., in android 7.0, Android System WebView Standaone ADK is by default disabled and instead of this, it is integrated with Chrome to render web pages for app like Paytm or any other app which needs to render web page.
    For some reason Chrome rendering is not working well with these apps.
    For this i had to disable Chrome and then update Android System WebView from play Store, once done it started working.
    Funny thing is, if after this you enable chrome again, it revert everything even the updated WebView.
    #Bizzare.