[Contest] 7 Days of Giveaways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. votazap Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

votazap, Jan 7, 2015 :
    It seems strange that of the many items given away not ONE has claimed to be a winner...a bit unsettling

Kerkdriel likes this.
  2. jthe111 Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

jthe111, Jan 7, 2015 :
    Agreed. However if I was one of the winners of one of these contests why would i want to go about rubbing it into your face that i won and you didn't? Doesn't seem right IMO.

KimVanhonsebrouck likes this.
  3. Beyoncé KitKat Jan 7, 2015

Beyoncé, Jan 7, 2015 :
    @dsmonteiro there is a list ;) just saw your post in: "Where is David?"

4. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 7, 2015

dsmonteiro, Jan 7, 2015 :
    So what's the point of saying that this is fake?

5. votazap Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

votazap, Jan 7, 2015 :
    You dont have to rub it one's face that you're a winner, you can simply present yourself so others can verify the contest is real

6. jthe111 Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

jthe111, Jan 7, 2015 :
    He's butthurt that he's not on the list.

7. Beyoncé KitKat Jan 7, 2015

Beyoncé, Jan 7, 2015 :
    Huh no :eek:
    I believe you said in the thread that there is no list of winners. & I tried to link you here that there is indeed a list. :)
    I am sorry if I misunderstood something.

8. Beyoncé KitKat Jan 7, 2015

Beyoncé, Jan 7, 2015 :
    Please, the mod closed a thread, I believe he said there was no list of winners. & I just wanted to show him the list. :)

9. SASSIEV Gingerbread Jan 7, 2015

SASSIEV, Jan 7, 2015 :
    This is why I think the contests are (partly) fake:

One of the members checked the list of winners:
    This was the conclusion:

@@Qiao Lan joined December 17th last active December 17th. 0 messages 0 likes.
    @@vaxion joined December 28th last active December 28th 0 messages 0 likes
    @@malpani joined December 29th last active December 29th 0 messages 0 likes
    @@phantastic1015 same as malpani
    @@Skywalker01 joined today somehow won a contest.
    @@JoseLuisZ joined today yet won a contest.
    @@smick290 joined Wednesday the 31st December
    @@Sebach last active December 11th
    @@Sabuerte last active 29th october
    @@nixthewiz last active October 11th
    @@sanaymathur last active November 26th
    @@Peppe1603 last active 5th november
    @@iford74 last active 19th December
    @@bibousthasie joined thursday 1st Jan 0messages 0likes
    @@kimi88 last seen 29th December 0messages 0likes
    @@Elias last active 21st October
    @@drillfish joined 29th October last active 29th October
    @@axel last active December 15th
    @@Andrea Galante joined 24th December last active 24th December@atorox last active 26th November
    @@dattran98 joined 1st January
    @@phi last active 26th December 0messages 0likes
    @@siddharth joined April 29th last active 29th April 0messages 0likes

I myself watched a few other contests of the last few weeks:

Happy Birthday contest. You could enter till the 24th of December. Won by thechrizzy. Membership from 29the of December.

One in a million contest. Won by Austin Venzen, memberships from May. No messages. States he can't login. How did he enter the contest?

Thats why some of us have questions about how fair the contests are. It's not more then normal to ask a question about that? It has nothing to do if we won anything or not. We find it just strange that people are winning a contest after they become a member or didn't even log in during the contest!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015

10. Toulouse KitKat Jan 7, 2015

Toulouse, Jan 7, 2015 :
    Wow, if it's true then I would get very disappointed by OnePlus. But it really seems that you're right :( We should ask to dbrand if they really gave the skins.

Kerkdriel likes this.
  11. jthe111 Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

jthe111, Jan 7, 2015 :
    Wow that's some decent detective work. But I do have a plausible explination for why, but it doesn't make the situation any better. When the Names were picked what I'm assuming happend was that they used the current list of members at that EXACT time. Not when the contest should have ended. So whomever is running these contests have not been crossing their ts and dotting their eyes that the potion to enter those contests are removed the moment the timeline closes on that contest. Not only that but they should have used the Google doc list. Not the forum list.

Kerkdriel and dimplelike like this.
  12. SASSIEV Gingerbread Jan 7, 2015

SASSIEV, Jan 7, 2015 :
    That could be an explanation. An other reason can be that the want to give the prices to new members/cupcakes for commitment. And that's why no KitKat of Android L member has won a price. But that's just guessing! I just would like a straight/honest answer from OnePlus.

Kerkdriel likes this.
  13. David S. OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jan 8, 2015

David S., Jan 8, 2015 :
    Your argument is invalid, it was not a requirement on any of these contest to have an account in the forums. Not everyone is in the forums, you have to keep in mind that our facebook page has one millions fans, yet there's less than 500K members in the forums.

Please, refer to the post above to find the winners of the different contests.

Kerkdriel, jootysun, reggiexp and 8 others like this.