[CONTEST] Curse of the Settle Spirit – Wallpaper Design Contest

1. Chris dB
    Social Media Staff Member Oct 26, 2017

Chris dB , Oct 26, 2017 :
    Update: Jess has finally been returned to us. Thank you for helping us vanquish the evil Settle Spirit, Never Settle Warriors. The winners of this year's Halloween contest are: @Cwshugg , @adrnjgr , @G_Jonathan_Kaletsch_fiVX ! We'll reach out to you shortly to get your backpacks to you. We're all extremely relieved to have Jess back, we'll go pick her up right now.

TL;DR:
    Please check the bottom of this post for the contest rules and conditions.

Oh, there you are.

Come now and listen close. Can you hear it? The soft anguished whispers spilling through cracked walls, filling these late halls with the sounds of terror. The staff won’t speak a word of it. For they have sworn to upkeep a vow of silence. Talk of these dreadful tales must never leave this building, or so they say. No more, I say. The truth must not fade from our memories. Can I trust you? What I am about to tell you... Well, let’s just say, it may not fit within your vision of this world. But, even when things sound off, or strange, unnatural even, you must not turn a blind eye to these events.

It all started at sunset. As I rattled away at my keyboard, I overheard a most peculiar request land on the desk of @Jess T. “On All Hallows’ Eve,” She was told, “we are to share a wallpaper, great and terrifying, with OnePlus users across the land.” At once, her mind and fingers were set to the task. Long after I left the office that night, did her labors on that work continue. When I returned to the office the next morning, I noticed a great crimson cloud descend upon our offices. It clung to the windows like a great web, and it seemed as if at any moment, a horrifying tarantula might climb down from the heavens to devour us all.

In our fear, each of us couldn’t help but add to the speculations on its origins. This did not apply to Jess however, who did not appear to have moved from her seat since the night before. Purplish bags had formed beneath her bloodshot eyes, and drops of sweat rolled down her forehead. It was with some curiosity that I turned to her screen, only to find her looking at blank oblivion. Though a power failure had shut down all of our devices, she continued to work as if possessed. We attempted to divert her attention, but our efforts were for naught. The bravest of us, @Ruby G. availed to yank her away from her screen by force. For her dedication, she was rewarded with a crunching, bloody bite. She left us no choice but to leave her be. So, we all departed that night with a heavy heart, hoping she’d recover by sunrise.

The next morning, she was gone. Neither at her desk, at home, or anywhere else she could have been. All we found was a solitary note, scrounged up and tucked under her tablet. The contents, I must warn you now, are alarming. It speaks of a challenge, one that must be answered once read.

She’s mine! I’ve taken her! Want her back, do you? Best be quick now, quick, quick, before she’s eaten! I want the work! Finish what she could not! Bring me this wallpaper of terror and dread! This decoration of skull and bone! Give it to me, and free her soul! Instill in it the great horror of Halloween! Then, and only then, shall she be returned to you. – The Settle Spirit.

We’ve decided to accept this most heinous form of blackmail and require your help. Please design the scariest OnePlus wallpaper imaginable and share it with us in the comments below. The creators of the most fearsome of all wallpapers will be given a OnePlus Space Black Backpack as a token of our appreciation.

Rules:
    1. Share a Halloween-themed wallpaper in the comments below. Make sure your wallpaper is sized at 1080 x 1920.

2. Design a wallpaper to sate the bloodthirsty cravings of the Settle Spirit, the malevolent sibling of the Never Settle Spirit. Your wallpaper can be scary, spooky, or ghastly in tone, but all submissions should be Safe For Work.

3. Reply to this thread and attach your entry in .PNG format. Entries will be accepted until 10pm EST on October 29.

4. The malevolent spirit itself will pick three winners, all of whom will receive a OnePlus Space Black Backpack and a Custom Forum Badge! Winners will be revealed on Halloween, October 31.

Thank you for helping us bring an end to the terrible reign of this demonic spirit. We know you will not disappoint us.

Keep in mind:
    · All work must be original. OnePlus reserves the right to request original design files (.PSD or equivalent) before awarding prizes if plagiarism is suspected.

· There are real prizes at stake here, but be nice. We have to choose winners, which isn’t always easy. You might not agree with our decision, but if you lose, don’t be mad. This is all in good fun!

· OnePlus reserves the right to cancel this contest if participation is low. No quality entries = no prizes. We’d also lose Jess forever, so participate!

Craigm22, leonida20, asif273 and 71 others like this.
  2. Wahoux
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2017

Impersonal, aris, ajshanker and 3 others like this.
  3. SnapDragon01
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2017

4. SilverGlove

5. thesahilmehta
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2017

ajshanker likes this.
  6. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 26, 2017

7. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Oct 26, 2017

David Y. , Oct 26, 2017 :
    Everyone better watch out... @Jess T. is so scary and she always walked quietly behind my desk and sadfkhsfkjhrjkhfgwegrhaegdhsagdfasjfglaasdfadflwuiohhfjkdbjgggggg

Jess T., Ruby G., R3DMOUTH and 27 others like this.
  8. NovinDavis
    KitKat Oct 26, 2017

ajshanker likes this.
  9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2017

SJBoss , Oct 26, 2017 :
    as there's an empty position, (probably) :p :D
    where can i submit my resume?

10. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 26, 2017

Djordje D, ajshanker and pa5t1s like this.
  11. Nezumi_
    KitKat Oct 26, 2017

varma246, Wahoux and pa5t1s like this.
  12. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Oct 26, 2017

13. ratification

ajshanker likes this.
  14. Wahoux
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2017

Wahoux , Oct 26, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Kerkdriel, Salt505, 9qu and 4 others like this.
  15. lutti
    KitKat Oct 26, 2017

lutti , Oct 26, 2017 :
    Hope to see some good ones! If i have time i might join in. Not that i have any use for the prices but just for fun.

16. varma246
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2017

varma246 , Oct 26, 2017 :
    Good read @Chris dB.
    Nice to meet you @Jess T. , Still alive?jk:p

Settle Spirit, you're at a place where people and their ideas,.... Etc are never settle! , so you won't get anything. Better thing to do is that you eat her alive and take her soul!!! hO7m9ga.png :Di hope you enjoy the meal provided by oneplus

Good luck everyone! :)

Edit : well, thought of adding my little work. So here it is... Eyes-wallpaper-11214884_01_01-01.jpeg Eyes-wallpaper-11214884_01_01-03.jpeg (pick the one which looks scary)
    Pictures are edit through oneplus Gallery and used snapseed only for slogan! :rolleyes:

BTW Below pictures are out of contest,just wanted to share tweaked ones for the contest.
    Damn!,oneplus 5 tweaked wallpaper looks like a Halloween costume to me OnePlus_5-wallpaper-11294112_01_01_01.jpg and a rider Ghost Rider.jpg_2_02.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017

17. Nezumi_
    KitKat Oct 26, 2017

Nezumi_ , Oct 26, 2017 :
    is that what she said?

varma246 likes this.
  18. Suraj gurav 007

19. GOPALA KRISHNAN A
    Froyo Oct 26, 2017

20. GOPALA KRISHNAN A
    Froyo Oct 26, 2017

GOPALA KRISHNAN A , Oct 26, 2017 :
    i think we want to post a Halloween-themed wallpaper in this post reply option...like you asked this question