[Contest] Design the Next Big Viewing Experience

1. Vikrant_singhgour
    Donut Feb 22, 2021

Vikrant_singhgour , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Where is the reveal is going to happen anyway ? here on this thread or what ?

2. Saswat Deb Barman
    Gingerbread Feb 22, 2021

Stickied Post
    Saswat Deb Barman , Feb 22, 2021 :
    We just announced the official TOP 10 here, and you can start voting on your favorites!

Still, we want top highlight some honorable mentions that, while didn't get selected due to the contest's criteria and rules, show the amazing creativity that exists within our community! So, without further ado, please find below our special mentions.

1. Best in the group (age<18):

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 3.27.37 PM.png

Concept Note :

"I firmly believe that a TV should enhance the beauty of our living rooms irrespective of whether it is on/off, moreover, it should also work in sync with other smart devices. Hence, the top of the TV can also charge all supported devices wirelessly. Even the remote!
    The idea with OnePlus Alpha is, it becomes an extension of other smart devices all while having an identity of its own. Having integrated OnePlus's burden-less philosophy with the Alpha, it offers seamless connectivity and unparalleled design that isn't only beautiful to look at but also extremely functional. The intricacies have been highlighted in the first sketch, where the cutting edge design seamlessly transitions into a smooth curve that houses the speaker and offers surround sound.
    Sporting a sleek and modern look, the Alpha brings the most premium viewing experience into the living room. The chromium frame and speaker enclosure coupled with the tried and tested OnePlus stand adorns the living room even when it is not wall mounted. The Alpha is not yet another smart TV, it is the TV reimagined."

Link to Concept Deck: Special Mention 1

2. Best UI Design:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 3.29.25 PM.png

Concept Note :

"My thought was to create a sleek and modern TV with amazing speakers and a great connection to the smartphone. I made the frame out of acrylic since it lets the light shine through in a beatiful way."

Link to Concept Deck: Special Mention 2

3. Most Pragmatic Design:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 3.31.21 PM.png

Concept Note :

"Almost all of the current televisions look very similar and I think the design of televisions since the LCD era has not changed much, same black, tall, and slim panel hanging on the wall. This concept design is an exploration of the idea that televisions can be designed to look better and approachable. The design must feel fresh and inviting without getting too boring too soon. The normal TV usually ends up looking odd in an otherwise perfect room but this design aims to blend in the environment seamlessly and appeal to a more modern audience who is much more involved in other activities such as gaming. This concept also showcases the evolution of televisions from their contemporary form to something new which looks similar to the electronic devices which are used by everyone. The main driving force of this concept was to visualise the design in a similar way that of a framed paintings, making television a piece of lifestyle furniture, something which craves a second glance from the user, instead of becoming an ordinary black, blank panel."

Link to Concept Deck: Special Mention 3

4. Design Extraordinaire:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 3.31.48 PM.png

Concept Note :

"OnePlus has already showcased premium-ness in previous design of TV product ranges. I have tried to design a more Premium, futuristic design with the Never Settle spirit.
    Two basic tools were used to design - Paint 3D and Paint S. Blending cutting edge technology with AI powered processor for a better user experience. I have tried to collect information on the best features in world, Area of improvement for OnePlus and tried to incorporate the same in my design. My basic idea was to crate 8K resolution TV which is not at present portfolio of OnePlus, A new AI integrated processor, A better remote control, power switch module, a stand for such a big size TV & a fresh bezel less design."

Link to Concept Deck: Special Mention 4

But none the less, appreciate you all for participating. See you again with another contest.

3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 22, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Thanks a lot for featuring my entry @Saswat Deb Barman @dsmonteiro!

4. SRD.
    Lollipop Feb 22, 2021

SRD. , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Design extraordinaire looks familiar. Thanks for the mention.
    @Yash Pratap Singh. Great job mate.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  5. Anirudh A Puranik
    Eclair Feb 22, 2021

Anirudh A Puranik , Feb 22, 2021 :
    This is a really cool concept and a fine design work! guess what! I was wondering what if the TV had sliding speakers on the side, and this is it! keep up the amazing concept design work!

SRD. and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 22, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Thanks...currently the design is "best under 18", I hope that when i'm eligible I'll try to get considered in top 10.
    @McJader @tilak_gr.stark dint you guys enter?

Tilak G., SRD. and Anirudh A Puranik like this.
  7. akash.reventon , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Thanks for the special mention guys. I knew my design was not having the speaker element within it and was thus incomplete. I am still very grateful for the feature and also very happy to see some amazing designs from participants. My best wishes for those who made the Top 10 list.

8. Tilak G.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021

Tilak G. , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Congratulations on the achivement Bro! You deserve it.
    Nope I didn't entered the contest.

9. ShaunakSri
    Froyo Feb 22, 2021

10. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Feb 23, 2021

Anirudh A Puranik likes this.
  11. Anirudh A Puranik
    Eclair Feb 23, 2021

Anirudh A Puranik , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Thank you for your appreciation! Glad you liked my concept!

12. SHYAM_MAWAL
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2021

SHYAM_MAWAL , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for Hell Services

Your request was received and assigned following ID: 201114-001281. You can use this case ID for follow-up. We will reply as soon as we can, usually within 48 hours.
    Before 6 month i am compalint about Red Cable pro membership and still mail for waiting 48hrs very funny service from one plus brand is brand for hell services.

13. Sakth
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

14. Jeelanshariff
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

15. RohitNagvanshi
    Eclair Feb 26, 2021

16. Y1590811584345
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2021

17. PallaviSaini
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2021

PallaviSaini , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Make it 52 inch. Add android in it. Make it a nice smart TV like a smartphone. Also storage capacity in it with free free subscription to Netflix,Amazon prime etc.

18. Shadow Son
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2021