[Contest] OnePlus 4th Anniversary - My OnePlus Story

1. G_Maximiliano_Ortiz_Rami
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2017

2. LadyRapture
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2017

LadyRapture , Dec 19, 2017 :
    I've never had an Android phone before now...and I'm glad that my first one is the OnePlus 5.
    One Plus 5 for me means freedom, personality and love at first "touch".
    I called my One Plus 5 "Scivolone" (in English I can translate with "slip" :p) because I often mock about the fact the phone hasn't a cover and it has no friction.
    My Scivolone has a soul for me, and for this I have to thank all the One Plus Team for his masterpiece.

3. Shaik Riyazali
    Donut Dec 20, 2017

4. ethansuleman
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2017

ethansuleman , Dec 20, 2017 :
    My OnePlus story is actually quite shortlived. I have heard of the brand OnePlus from my friends multiple times back when the OnePlus X was released. I never took the time to look at OnePlus and look at how great of a company they were. That was all the same until my Nexus 5 broke from a hardware failure and I knew I needed a new phone. My friends recommended the OnePlus 5 but the look was too much of the IPhone 7+ for me to get past so i held off and got the MotoG5Plus. But after a month of using the MooG5Plus I noticed many design errors in it so i decided, "hm maybe i should give OnePlus a try, especially because their specs promise a really good and formidable phone comapred to other flagships" so i went and bought the OnePlus 5T. It's amazing. Just flat out amazing. From playing games that take hard processing to just snapping friends on Snapchat. The phone does it all. And not just that, it goes beyond with the features it has such as face unlock and the beautiful portrait mode on the camera. Therefore, I am looking forward to getting the OnePlus 6 next year.

backen and aris like this.
  5. Neonstar2
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

Neonstar2 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Bal
    Blai like

6. Neonstar2
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

7. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 20, 2017

8. charlott0
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

charlott0 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Desde que lo vi, me gustó, pero tenerlo conmigo ha sido fantástico, me ha acompañado en muchas nuevas etapas de mi vida y me ha permitido interactuar con ellas de una mejor manera y poder guardar esos bellos momentos. Oneplus...never settle!!!

9. thomas riche
    Froyo Dec 20, 2017

10. ChrisjCurry
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

11. aris
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2017

aris , Dec 20, 2017 :
    I first heard about OnePlus in April 2014 and I feel in love with OnePlus One! I knew that OnePlus One was going to be my next smartphone because it had the best combination of Design, Specs, Software and price tag!
    Even today I use OnePlus One as my daily driver and I still think it's one of the most beautiful smartphones ever! Too bad that the software is not up to date anymore.

The unboxing of OnePlus One was a really beautiful moment for me. I was thrilled about the premium packaging and the extraordinary care for details!

Thanks OnePlus and Happy Birthday!

https://oneplus.net/4years-my-story?shareCode=41200

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017

backen likes this.
  12. aris
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2017

13. risky1301
    Lollipop Dec 20, 2017

risky1301 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Aaaah yes, the invite hunt in July of 2014 I remember this well. Every comment, every topic, every person searching, and begging for the ever elusive invite. Most of your day was spent trying to get the invite for the OPO. I had watched a video from MKBHD and thought that this was a great device. So I headed over to the site and joined, I never really understood the "Don't beg" part of the invite, but if simply asked it was deemed begging. So one day just browsing the community I saw someone giving away an invite, he asked for you to give a reason. I stated that I just got home from the military and needed a new phone and BOOM just like that I get the most memorable email that I may ever get. Dear Fan boy/girl. I immediately ordered my new phone, then a week later I got 5 invites to give. I still have my OPO and it still going strong. I loved the community, and made friends along the way. I was happy to help and move up in rank. I still love this community and thank OP for creating such an impressive phone and community. I look forward to the future and the never settle mantra of OP!!!

Sorry it was a bit long!

https://oneplus.net/4years-my-story

14. fdfbrito
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

fdfbrito , Dec 20, 2017 :
    It's amazing to see how a company so young, achieved a relevant position of a really great brand of smartphones. The construction quality, the attention to details, the build quality of the flagships, the (close) stock android and... the great price of their smartphones.

So far and my best moment is to have a really good and reliable smartphone everyday - The OP3. Quite simple :)

Here's my story: https://oneplus.net/pt/4years-my-story?shareCode=14596764

15. b17
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

b17 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Best moment - reapplying the tempered glass protector a 2nd time and only having one dust-bubble on the entire screen :p

16. Razzlesama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

Razzlesama , Dec 21, 2017 :
    I used the OnePlus One for a year. Bought it using the money from my first salary. If anyone of you remember me from back in the day, you might now how much hoops i had to go through to get the phone through the right channels down to where i live. It took TWO MONTHS to come down. I used to go to the local post office so much that the people that work there became good friends of me. after 3 years, we still talk and hang out.

I'm the kinda guy that gives my phones a REALLY hard time. I rooted and flashed the phone the second day of ownership and took it apart to see what's inside within the first week. The color changing stickers to detect water damage were all red and powdery for as long as i can remember; I reckon because I used to take it with me everywhere I go, even to the bathroom ( :p ) but it still worked.

A year later I dropped it on tarmac while jogging and the screen cracked. The digitizer stopped working as well. Mind you, this isn't the first time i dropped the guy. And it's certainly not the biggest drop either. This one time it slipped off my hand and fell off a MOVING bus on to tarmac and all i got was a little nick on the midframe.

The OnePlus One was a phone that I have really fallen in love with. I’ve used a couple of other phones on and off (My Nexus 6 and 6P) but I always found myself going back to the OPO within a few days since they weren’t quite the same as the OPO. I still have all the parts carefully wrapped and stored away.

I know this is a bit unorthodox, but this post is my “Thank you” to my OPO for everything and OnePlus for making such a heartfelt device.

And now I'm almost an owner of a brand new 128GB OnePlus 5T. I'll buy mine tomorrow.

Happy 4th Anniversary guys. You've made huge difference in the 4 years you've been operational. You've achieved a lot but there's still a long way to go. I wish you guys the best of luck!!!

backen likes this.
  17. backen
    Froyo Dec 21, 2017

backen , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Första gången jag kom i kontakt med OnePlus var någon gång under hösten 2014 då någon bekant bjöd ut en invite på Facebook. Just då var jag inte speciellt intresserad, eftersom jag tyckte att min HTC Desire X dög bra.

I decembet 2014 började dock min HTC bråka allt mer och jag fann OnePlus pånytt och satte igång med att försöka få tag i en invite så att jag kunde köpa en OPO. Det lyckades jag med efter ett par dagar och småningom kunde jag konstatera att OPO verkligen revolutionerade hur jag använde min telefon och det var både utmanande och fantastiskt att gå från en 4" telefon till 5,5".

Min OPO använde jag dagligen i drygt 1,5 år tills min flickväns Samsung Galaxy S4 gick sönder. Gentleman som jag är erbjöd jag henne att ta över min OPO, så kunde jag slösa mina pengar på en ny telefon istället för henne. Så blev det och lämpligt nog hade OnePlus 3 precis lanserats vilket innebar att valet av ny telefon var lätt.

Denna OP3 använde jag lite drygt ett år och var supernöjd med tills nu i sommar när min flickvän började klaga på bildkvaliteten samt långsam laddning av min OPO. Gentlemannen kom in i bilden åter en gång och jag bytte tillbaks till min OPO och hon tog min OP3. Eftersom CyanogenOS inte längre uppdateras bestämde jag mig för att pröva på LineageOS, vilket visade sig vara lyckat. I dag använder jag dock min OPO ganska sparsamt eftersom jag även har en jobbtelefon (Galaxy S6), som känns snäppet fräschare. Om det inte vore för den skulle jag nog utan tvekan beställa en OnePlus 5T (kanske t.o.m. en Star Wars-edition). Som ung småbarnsfar är ekonomin dock begränsad så jag kommer att avvakta lite och får försöka överleva med min S6 tills vidare. Hoppas kan man ju alltid att man skulle vinna en OnePlus 5T i någon tävling eller att min nästa jobbtelefon kunde få bli en OnePlus.

Summa summarum: ni gör väldigt intressanta och härliga telefoner! Fortsätt lyssna på era kunder och var inte rädda att utvecklas så kommer det nog att gå bra även i fortsättningen.

18. Northrune
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2017

Northrune , Dec 22, 2017 :
    was recently at a robotics competition for middle schoolers where I was a head referee. I took the OnePlus 5T and took my first pictures with it. very fun weekend.

19. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Dec 22, 2017

Onkar.Singh , Dec 22, 2017 :
    My Oneplus story began with the ONE ... being in Tech, friends came to seek my suggestions and while researching for current models within the budget constrains I came accross this device with great spects and a reasonable price tag. But the big question for me was to judge the performance. A lot of time was invested into reading the reviews and filtering out noise... and it emerged to be a better option overall. Worth enough to take a risk. When I look back .... all who listened to me and took my advice to get themselves an OP1 sill have no regrets. In fact many still have the same device and are happy with it.
    Came OP2, X --- somehow for some strange reason it just did not catch my fancy ... and I did suggest people not to go for them unless they have already decided to go for a OnePlus device.
    The shaken Oneplus launched the OP3 as it came out trying to regain the lost ground ... but the 3T seems to have cemented its position. OP3T was the one I gifted to my Mom and Oh!! I am so happy for it. OP3T still makes her smile and she is very happy with it.
    The latest OP5T ... well, well .... guess what. I have that one for myself. So far so good ... The device is just awesome and just wish that Oneplus is able to get the Camera magic going in low light as well.
    The best part of my Oneplus story is the Community .. it feels great suggesting people fixes for the simple solutions and interacting with them ... Thank you OnePlus .. feels like an extended family .. Merry Christmas and a hAppY nEw YEaR 2018 ... NeVeR SeTTle !!! :)

20. The_Unkown
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2017

The_Unkown , Dec 22, 2017 :
    I never thought of owning OnePlus device as I was not sure .

it was mid jan 2016 when I first heard of OnePlus devices and they were great.

that time I was planning for iPhone 6. but my budget did not allow me. then I sat back. I was having Samsung Galaxy S4 and it was working awesome. no lags no issue. but was not satisfied with the lollipop upgrade Samsung has made with S4.
    then by end of 2k16 I was tired of that device. Got buggy, slack, and lazy with every day.

then I searched for next phone and it was none other than Samsung galaxy S8 plus. and I was thinking of buying it.

and suddenly the ad of OnePlus 5 came on TV screen and trust me I was impressed and since then I thought of buying the gaint phone with much affordable price .

And I bought it in August!!

I really love this device but I hate the OnePlus team because of 5T [e]1f623[/e].

I really loved to get 5T instead of 5. though I am happy with OnePlus 5 but there are few drawbacks when compared with 5T.

This phone has yet not disappointed me yet and I must say it has been pleasure living with this device.

battery is good
    camera is good
    software is excellent
    hardware is marvelous
    and I love it and use it a lot.

thanks to OnePlus team. I hope you will be delivering great hardware and keep on the trend you are following.

only one thing is bad... The T line up.