[Contest] OnePlus 4th Anniversary - My OnePlus Story

1. Lethaljoe
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

Lethaljoe , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I'm surprised that Oneplus is celebrating 4 years. You know because 4 has the same pronunciation of death in China.

Becides congrats on the company and brand you have built in 4 years, it's honestly amazing how far Oneplus have come, in such a short amount of time. Even if they're are a division of OPPO and BBK.

2. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2017

Punk_69 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I won't forget how you ruined that day :p

3. Vali gabi
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

4. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2017

Punk_69 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    And..... You remember what we did recently :rolleyes:

keithnyc and meatandy like this.
  5. Symbolic
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

Symbolic , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Love OP

The op5 it's my second one, and couldnt be happier with it. As long as you keep this quality up, i'll never want another phone brand again!

6. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2017

PTuT , Dec 12, 2017 :
    My best moment with OP was to find out that beyond owning a great device I could become part of great community where many of my questions were answered.

David Y. likes this.
  7. Chan Xin Jia
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

8. Plenkske
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Dec 12, 2017

script, The Joker, keithnyc and 2 others like this.
  9. Sri Ram Vuppala
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

Sri Ram Vuppala , Dec 12, 2017 :
    My wonderful journey with One Plus began when I was in highschool...(2 years ago).. I used to be a major YouTube addict when I saw a YouTuber reviewing One Plus One. The unboxing video caught my eyes.. The excellent packaging, and the price was Soo worth it. I literally fell in love with the flagships of One Plus.. Later, I got a One Plus x that year... that has literally been an excellent companion.. missing my OPX... SINCE I GOT A ONE PLUS 3T... [e]2764[/e]️ Every detail of the tech was so refined and The Dash charge.. OMG !!! mind = blown... Got my dad a One Plus 5t and I'm expecting a lot of great things from One Plus... Happy Birthday.. From your fan !! [e]1f382[/e]

keithnyc likes this.
  10. shubhamp68
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

shubhamp68 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    My journey from oneplus started 2 month ago when i bought my first oneplus device i.e. OP5. I have heard rumours about OP5T coming in few days but i can't stop myself from buying OP5 because i find it just amazing everything from the user experience to camera is just awesome and may be now i always think that i should suggest oneplus to all my family members and companions . It just feel awesome to be part of Oneplus. Thank you#Oneplus

11. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

yonahwolf , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I've been intrigued by one plus from the start, and then a little over a year ago, I was in a position to buy new phones for myself and my wife. After watching the google pixel and iPhone 7 launches, I realize I had 3 choices:
    - Buy two new iPhones/Pixels and blow the budget
    - Buy two used iPhones/Galaxies, and be stuck with old technology for another two years
    - Buy two OP3's and get the best bang for the buck.

I opted for choice #3, and haven't looked back. Happy Birthday OP

12. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2017

suhantm , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I first discovered OnePlus due to the invite system and the how the media reacted to that. I first saw the OnePlus One in a hostel in northern Thailand in the hands of a German backpacker where I was just stunned at how gorgeous and unique this phone looks. I've followed OnePlus from the very beginning but didn't have the ability to purchase a phone until the OnePlus 3 came. I live in Thailand but I'm from India, so I had to purchase the phone and wait until my brother finally came to Bangkok 2 months later! I was so impatient until the day the phone came in my hands, which is when I realized it was all worth it!

My family is almost a complete OnePlus family, my brother and I have the OP3, my mother has the OP2. I have already purchased the 5T and will get my hands on it next week which is when I will give up my OP3 to my father! So on December 22nd, we'll be a complete OnePlus family!

thanks to everyone in the company and community for shaping OnePlus into what it is today! I'm sticking with OnePlus because they are the only true company that Never Settles and actually listens to their customers!

keithnyc likes this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 12, 2017

meatandy , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Please don't openly share your referral code , it is against the forum rules.

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 12, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I first joined this forum on March 5, 2014 (apparently 1378 days ago :eek:), but the first time I've ever heard of it was shortly after its launch, through a The Verge article.

I didn't care much about the forums until I discovered the Random Nonsense Club, created by @Sparkolo. This was the first glimpse of a true community, when there were less than 4000 people registered in the forums and this thread was were I ended up making real friends, even if through unconventional means. I wouldn't be fair if I tried to name them all, but someone deserves a special shot-out, the wizard himself, @Adam Krisko.

Through this more than three years I met hundreds of people, made friends, had some laughs, trolled some people and even add the chance to meet Adam, @gusuraman, @superplus, @rarog and @Maximus Decimus Meridius in person. Interestingly enough, even though I met all these people from all these different countries, I still haven't had the chance to grab some beers with the @Hige, @youbi and @pikota, from my own country.

So, Happy Birthday OnePlus and I honestly hope you keep improving so you can have quite a few more of these birthdays!

Adam Krisko, script, camohan and 11 others like this.
  15. FAB1150
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

FAB1150 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    A friend made me know oneplus by getting a One.
    At that time, I had a slow and crappy Archos phone, and I remained astonished of the OPO. It was cool!
    When I stopped my phone, a few months later, my first taught was to get a OP2, but I didn't have an invite. So, i started searching on gearbest and I got one from there (the invites costed something like 60€ from ebay!). It was the best phone I ever had until then, I loved it.
    Exactly one year later, I left it in my jacket, charging with the OnePlus battery. And someone has stolen it. That was a sad moment!
    I eventually got a OP3 (from the official site this time), and a carbon case (I love it!). A blazing fast phone, I really loved it! But, six months later (July 2017), it was stolen. Again. (this time I was keeping it in my backpack, and while I was walking with it, someone opened it and took it :( ).
    I had to stay with a crappy Samsung Galaxy s2, a traumatizing experience, lol
    Then the 5T was launched. While watching the conference, I was like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" and bought it on day one.
    I absolutely love it!

Glad to be in the OnePlus family.
    #NeverSettle

David Y. likes this.
  16. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Dec 12, 2017

youbi , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Thats the price of taking care of the Portuguese section. :sweatsmile: As a mod, you have to make the Portuguese equivalents of some international stuff. :p

I swear I never created a shot on Oneplus thread neither a repost thread. :D I had been here more than half a year and with more of 1k posts when I finally created my first one and it was about invites to share. The rest has been about modding stuff. :sweatsmile:

script, David Y., superplus and 4 others like this.
  17. Reivon Choccoli
    Community Veteran Dec 12, 2017

Reivon Choccoli , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Anytime, man! Soon™ to be repeated!

script, David Y., superplus and 4 others like this.
  18. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Dec 12, 2017

youbi , Dec 12, 2017 :
    We really need to fix that someday. :sweatsmile: We need a francesinha meeting soon. :D

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 12, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 12, 2017 :
    And I found an awesome beer place here in Porto... I had this one the other day and it was awesome!

20. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

jimmmysil , Dec 12, 2017 :
    the day that one plus phones announced!! The world of technology would never be the same! Great all around smartphone in a very reasonable price!