[Contest] OnePlus 5T - 7 Day Review Challenge!

1. F_Antonio_Agostinacchio_
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

2. CoolGuy123
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

CoolGuy123 , Dec 5, 2017 :
    #7DayReviewChallenge

PROS
    1) The phone is really thin.
    2) Charges quickly
    3) Lot of ram
    4) Extremely fast shipping
    5) Screen is very nice and crisp (I'm comparing this to my old OnePlus One though)
    6) Comes with a screen protector already on the screen and a case (albeit thin and flimsy; don't expect this case to protect anything) that is in the box
    7) The back camera is nice (keep in mind that you cannot compare this to actual cameras which people seem to be doing for some reason) (I haven't taken a selfie yet so I don't know how good the front camera is)
    8) The battery life is great. Although, if you are a heavy user of your phone then realistically no phone will last you a day.
    9) Headphone jack is included

CONS
    1) USB 2.0 (personally, I don't care but I believe a lot of people do)
    2) Missing the feature to enable the do not disturb mode (phone will not make a noise unless it's from a favorite contact between certain time periods). I am not going to remember to manually enable the silent slider every single night!!
    3) No SD card slot

Final Thoughts: If you need a phone then I say this is a very good option for the price. For the do not disturb feature, I had to download an app to do this. I have no idea why this feature is missing but it is there on my OnePlus One. Also, I can make do without an SD card slot but I have to keep deleting stuff when I need more room. I cannot figure out why the SD card slot is not there. At least give us the option to insert one into the 2nd sim slot.

I have read that a lot of people are disappointed with the resolution because it is not as high as the Samsung S8 but from my understanding the battery life would take a hit. Also, the price of the OnePlus 5t would be even higher. The more stuff they put in the higher the price.

3. BoxeXDA
    Froyo Dec 5, 2017

BoxeXDA , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Great phone overall, but... what's the sensor on the left of the front camera? On the right there is the proximity and the ambient light sensor. There's something on the left... part of the face unlock system?

4. Shariq qadri
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

5. Rayinga
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

Rayinga , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Hola, soy de Argentina y de me cayó mí OP5 A5000 y se me astillo la pantalla, el celular anda perfecto pero no queda bien estéticamente la pantalla astillada. Alguien sabe como puedo hacer para conseguir un display/pantalla/vidrio nuevo desde Argentina? Saludos

6. imtiazamc
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

imtiazamc , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Day 1 : unboxing day-
    Was really excited to receive my new OnePlus 5t. The box was nicely packed in the clear thin plastic. The colour of the box was the the trademark off white and red. On opening the package, the toy was lying right there covered with the factory applied plastic screen guard. The first look was awesome and jaw dropping. It was absolutely smooth and black, my favourite colour. Below the phone was a red thin box which contained the documents with a soft translucent grey silicon case nicely crafted. On removing the top red box, was the white dash charger with the red data cum charging cable. Everything impeccably packed. Such a good unboxing experience.
    Thanks OnePlus. Keep up the good work.

7. mahiwayle
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

8. fawabee
    Donut Dec 6, 2017

9. BaseballGus
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

BaseballGus , Dec 6, 2017 :
    #7DayReviewChallenge + Day Five: Dash Charge/Power Consumption Day #scary fast charging

Day 5 (OP5T) of the #7DayReviewChallenge kicks off with my critic on the Dash Charge & how it consumes power (or lack there of). Light usage of the OP5T is simple. Light usage gets you light consumption. I'm willing to say that I'll guarantee that the OP5T will last you all day & then some. You can probably leave your dash charger at home & charge it once you get home from work. Or just leave it in your car & charge it on your way home. If your ride home is 20 minutes or more it'll probably charge fully by the time you get home if your using it under light usage. The OP5T seems to sip power rather than chug it. The dash charger makes it easy to get half a days worth of power in no time at all compared to the best of the best out there when it comes to charging. If your like me & are stuck in LA traffic then it's almost a guarantee you'll get a full charge before you get home LOL.

Now if your using it under "normal"use & that's usually defined by your "normal" then the same critic applies to normal as it did for light usage. Even if your at 30% to 50% in just 15 minutes or by the time your done with a "bathroom break" (wink wink) your back up to around 80% minimum. Yes it's that fast! I was skeptical at first about the dash charger. I mean how fast could it be? Well Damm i was blown away! I was like Damm Gina! (for those semi old school) LOL it's kinda hard to impress me on almost any level. Usually I'm neutral about things. Not too much high & not too low. I tend to stay in the middle, I'm just naturally that way. But i do have to say that i was super impressed on how fast it was under normal usage. Some videos here, some texting there, with a bit of Pandora, & maybe some internet surfing. All that will not, i repeat, will not drain your battery life. It is just seems to sip along little by little. It won't take a chunk of your battery like some other phones.

Next up heavy usage. Now this is a category that i don't tend to get into. Mainly because I'm too busy with work & life LOL. but for the sake of this review I went out of my way to make a strong effort. I'm somewhere between light & normal usage. Rarely, if ever, do i get into the heavy usage realm. So let's see. I tried to run everything that makes up normal usage & I added some Google maps, plus some talk time in the car (about 30 minutes minimum) while using Bluetooth & for good measure had my girlfriend use it to order some good Groupon & Amazon stuff for Christmas. I managed to drain it as much & as hard as i could. Wait that didn't sound right LOL. What I meant was by the time i was through with it, it was at around 15% by the end of a good 5 hour stretch. But there was no panic KNOWING that i was in good hands with the dash charger. Having that up my sleeve made me feel confident about using the phone at will with no fear of OMG my battery is low!

It all makes sense people. It's safe to say that i didn't need wireless charging simply because you don't NEED it with this phone. I get why people would want wireless charging. But i also get that OP5T chose to not to add weight to the phone, since it's dash charger speaks for itself. A plastic backing would also be make the phone feel cheap. After your paying for it's & i would think you would want quality over gimmicks. Seriously, just quick charge my phone & cut through the BS of wireless charging & having to buy & find the spot for it. Plug it in & boom! Done! Wireless charging takes longer too, & also as I've seen on the some brands. Wireless charging heats up the phone. Yes of course it doesn't overheat the phone. But from my experience heat is usually one of electronics worst enemies.

In all, I was impressed with the dash charger in all aspects of how it can be used. It's simplicity is its best feature. It is just freaking works! And it's the fastest, period! Don't believe me, then you try it. Test drive one (no pun) LOL
    See yall tomorrow. It's oxygen OS time!

10. ISRONAMA
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

11. Vishal2898
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

Vishal2898 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Oneplus5t is owsm...on 4th December i received the phone....it was mind blowing

12. nookarajuoneplus
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

nookarajuoneplus , Dec 6, 2017 :
    yes , im really excited about this contest , i had recently purchased this oneplus5t . ITs aweesome !!!

13. Arghus
    Donut Dec 6, 2017

Arghus , Dec 6, 2017 :
    #7DayReviewChallenge + Be5t Phone i ever had!

Day One: Unboxing Day.
    Waited months to be able to purchase it, bought on Tuesday, got it on Thursday, i slowly unpack the box, as soon as i see the phone i start humming the tune from 2001 space odyssey.

Day Two: Design/Display Day.
    So Sleek, so light yet sturdy, turn it on, the colors so vibrant and images so crisp, very deep black, good contrast.
    1512555916150.jpg

Day Three: Camera Day.
    Camera is great, portrait mode really makes the difference and low light photos are better then ever.

1512556174098.jpg

Day Four: Performance Day.
    I love how fast this is, no more waiting for an app to launch, transitions are fast and smooth, no lag, loading times are the face unlock is simply mind-blowing. and the speaker is louder then the ones on my laptop

Day Five: Dash Charge/Power Consumption Day.
    i can easily get trough the day with one charge, even with 5h music playback

Day Six: OxygenOS Day.
    i love the miriade of customizable settings, gesture in sleep mode and buttons hold, app locker and night mode.

Day Seven: Conclusion Day!
    This phone is the Be5t around, the ideal quality to price ratio.many Pro, just one con, not with the phone but with the bullet v2 earpods, their shape simply doesn't fit my ears properly and they keep falling out.
    I would definitely recommend this phone especially to Iphone users, i was one myself and i am happy to say i got over it.
    The future is Android, preferably ONEPLUS!

14. Deveshgold
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

15. C1512562615913
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

C1512562615913 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    today is my unboxing day and the handson feel is awesome ..even the sound of this phone is verry nice

16. H1512566867256
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

17. H1512566867256
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

18. Chris1294
    Donut Dec 6, 2017

19. Manideepthatipalli
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

Manideepthatipalli , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I am using it the phone is good but I can't lock the phone I have set the password for lock screen but still it's not asking password it is opening directly I have issues with this

20. lazamarius1
    Donut Dec 6, 2017