[Contest] OnePlus 5T - 7 Day Review Challenge!

1. thetaguru
    Froyo Dec 6, 2017

2. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

loco-cork , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Notification LED.

3. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

loco-cork , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Correct me if I am wrong ... but for this challenge ... your review (all 7 days) supposed to be in one thread.
    Also, topic for every day should be at least 200 words.
    Correct?

PICNico and dsmonteiro like this.
  4. G_noah_osman_tHWV
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

5. MOBOSdata
    Eclair Dec 7, 2017

6. sasikumar Reddy
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2017

sasikumar Reddy , Dec 8, 2017 :
    camera & face detection was must and should improve night picture capture was not clear
    face detection was also not works it working like Samsung's grand 2 mobile

7. BaseballGus
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2017

BaseballGus , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Day 7 & final day of the contest. #7DayReviewChallenge +conclusion #finalthoughts

I'll start by saying that i didn't think this would be fun. But i do enjoy writing itself just i don't do it enough. Mainly because i don't have the right motivation LOL. Hopefully with my post i can win that OP5T! That way I can give my dad my phone for Christmas. He deserves way way more than I do. Anyways, let's get back to the review.

I've broken down my concluding thoughts into several important points. One what is at hand, two what needs improvement, & three the future.

The first one is what's at hand. For example, the whole package that the OP5T has to offer. It's features are simply amazing for such a relatively inexpensive price. The snapdragon 835 with 6 or 8 gigs of Ram , the increase screen size without making the phone bulky, the improved camera (in low light as well), thin bezels allowing for that flagship look, the split 2nd fast finger print reader, the super clear 1080p 6 inch screen, i can go on & on. So I'll touch on what I liked the best. The finger print reader & ALL its capabilities really hit it out the park! Fast, simple, customizable, so many options & from just one feature. Kudos OP5T staff from top to bottom. My other favorite feature is the Dash charger. It really changed the game for me. I don't like being without juice, I'm one of those who likes to be at 80% & above. Call it my OCD whatever LOL but that's just me. My thoughts are always on what if I can't get to an outlet, then at least i have enough power to get through the day by being conservative. Peace of mind is huge in the my world, so knowing that if I do happen to go low on power, the dash charger is there to save my butt LOL. I even bought an extra dash charger so I'd have one in the car at all times & one in my daily work backpack. It was eases my mind & don't look desperate when needing to recharge LOL. Plus on top of that the speed at which the dash charger charges. Blazing fast! So that is exactly why OP5T should NOT put on wireless charging! Don't do it OP5T, it's not going to change the quality, sturdiness, & balance of the the phone. The dash charger more than compensates for such a gimmick that is only going to slow down the rate of charge if it were to use a plastic back cover just to appease the few. I can go on & on with the likes but those two right now are my favorite (oh & the alert slider ). Maybe in a week that'll change. Maybe LOL

What I feel needs improved is the speed (or lack there of) the updates. Oreo should have already been on this phone. No excuses OP5T get it done soon. And next time when you unleash your next flagship do it with it already being updated. I know these things take time, but if you want to compete with the big boys then you better bring your "A" game. Imagine how many more sales yall would have gotten if you would have pushed out Oreo on the OP5T. It was would be almost no contest. Other than companies wouldn't have had a leg to stand. Also for the future if IP water certification is not in the works since it takes money & that's what yall are trying to give us the savings from that. Then at least design it so it is water resistant & let us do the test so that we can conclude that it is on par with the other one's at the top. Right now there's a grey area on that so please fill it in for us active & out & about individuals.

Now for the future. As I highly recommend this to friends & family. I can only hope that OP5T builds on this foundation. Don't go the route of S8 & add too much unnecessary stuff to the UI. Don't go the route of the Pixel with its blue tint (i believe they got lazy on that) & also not adding enough Ram for the future (people will notice later that they drop the ball on that one). OP5T should keep up the amazing work. Really impressed with the company & it's stance on its values. I wish I could write a lot more but time doesn't always permit. I do have some amazing ideas & thoughts. But OP5T will have to contact me for those LOL [e]1f609[/e] & I'll be happy to help.
    Peace out yall! Till next time.

8. BoxeXDA
    Froyo Dec 8, 2017

9. hari.pranans
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2017

hari.pranans , Dec 8, 2017 :
    only problem faced is battery draining!
    its discharging very fast
    20 mins of Facebook surfing took away 8% of battery

10. iamravir
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2017

iamravir , Dec 9, 2017 :
    Phone is fantastic other than its camera.. Both I'm selfie and back camera pictures looks too good before clicking shutter button.. After that pictures pictures go to beautify even though we turned off beautify button.. Because of this pictures are looking unnatural.. For reference please see screen shot and photo... Please fix the issue...
    1512791215677.jpg

1512791215843.jpg

Attached Files:

11. L1512804846683
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2017

12. sikha_sarma_delhi
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2017

13. harshs91
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2017

14. Flyingfast
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2017

15. Tech Phoenix
    Froyo Dec 10, 2017

16. S1512884461609
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2017

S1512884461609 , Dec 10, 2017 :
    purchasing one plus 5t 2weeks ago .......superb phn ......superb looking with awesome working .....more than my expectations

17. MayankBadhan
    Donut Dec 10, 2017

MayankBadhan , Dec 10, 2017 :
    Hi everyone,

I just finished the OnePlus 5T Review. Check it out and let me know what you think!

18. MayankBadhan
    Donut Dec 10, 2017

MayankBadhan , Dec 10, 2017 :
    Finale
    #7DayReviewChallenge
    The conclusion
    When I bought the oneplus 3 I realized one must buy a oneplus device 2 months past its launch and it's almost assured that you will get a bug-free beauty same is the conclusion here
    I love the device
    The feeling is the same as one gets while upgrading to a new iPhone
    Not much has changed on the software front and a lots of improvements on the hardware
    As a (previous) oneplus 3 user my review is
    Pros
    -battery life (major improvement)
    - camera (would improve with software updates) (samples in low light)
    -screen
    -premium (not that op3 wasn't but this is next level)
    Cons(only one)
    -small ignorable yet irritating glitches happen from time to time(nothing software updates won't fix)

View attachment 639118

View attachment 639117 [/QUOTE]

Awesome review yaar! check mine out and please support the channel by subscribing to it.

19. ANDREW LAZARUS
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2017

20. PICNico
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2017

PICNico , Dec 10, 2017 :
    I am also a bit confused because some reviewer post a complete new thread for every single day of the 7 day challenge. But it should be only single thread with seven posts inside this single thread or am I wrong?