[Contest] OnePlus 5T - 7 Day Review Challenge!

1. GastonLagaffe
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2017

GastonLagaffe , Dec 10, 2017 :
    Yes, that's it what David told in the description. "keep updating your review inside the post"

PICNico likes this.
  2. GastonLagaffe
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2017

GastonLagaffe , Dec 10, 2017 :
    Hey guys, have a look in my first review i have ever made. ;)
    If you don't understand (it's a german one)... what do you think about my pics?

The Contest will end tommorow. Do i have a chance with less than seven days?
    My 5T arrived on Friday. :(

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017

3. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2017

loco-cork , Dec 10, 2017 :
    You are right ... rules clearly say: 'Post your review in a new thread on the OnePlus 5T forums, keep updating your review inside the post.'

4. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2017

loco-cork , Dec 10, 2017 :
    There is some error in the forum. You cannot search for '#7DayReviewChallenge'. Doesn't matter if it is your own or others. It comes up with an
    'OnePlus Forums - Error
    The search could not be completed. Please try again later.'
    How are other members supposed to find reviews?

5. F_Padraig_McGloin_CLrL
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2017

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Now that the contest is about to end, best of luck to all the participants. You guys are going to have a few days biting your nails ;)

7. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2017

obakesan , Dec 11, 2017 :
    @David Y. I've noticed a lot of the recent 7dayschallenge entrees have been entered by the people who won the The Lab contest. Any comments?

PICNico likes this.
  8. V1512890286408
    Donut Dec 11, 2017

9. GastonLagaffe
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2017

GastonLagaffe , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Same problem, but i hope to have a chance anyway.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/7dayreviewchallenge-a-new-german-view.710042/

10. G_Piyush_Mewada_wIVC
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

G_Piyush_Mewada_wIVC , Dec 11, 2017 :
    I did the challenge. I am ready to win another one of these great phones to give to my little brother. He really deserves it this year.

11. G_Piyush_Mewada_wIVC
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

12. MayankBadhan
    Donut Dec 12, 2017

MayankBadhan , Dec 12, 2017 :
    This is going to be a simple and sweet review

Day One: Unboxing Day.

I was super exited for the package to arrive. I began tracking the package ever since I received the email. Living in Vancouver I am super happy that OnePlus has a shipping facility in Los Angeles which greatly reduced the ship time. I was very excited when I received the package. I ripped through it to get to the phone and I was impressed by the overall packaging from OnePlus. I would have preferred more of those protective bubbles in the packing. I did an unboxing and impressions video which can be found here:

Share your excitement (not excited at all? well that’s fine too. let us know why.) and let us know your first impression about the phone. It’d be perfect if you can share several photos of the unboxing or the phone!

Day Two: Design/Display Day.

Gorgeous and sleek design. I was impressed by the display, it was bright and had a great contrast ration. I used an 8K wallpaper which I downloaded for my MacBook Pro and it was stunning! Here are some pictures of the wallpaper on the phone. I have taken several gorgeous pictures with this phone of Vancouver and that can be located in the review video I had done which will be located in the conclusion tab. In terms of the display it was better than my A5 (2017) and in comparison, to the iPhone X

Let us know how you feel about the hardware design and display. Why not set up a new wallpaper? Light up the screen and take a photo of the phone with your own wallpaper. Can’t wait to see what it looks like!

Day Three: Camera Day.

Amazing hardware but the software needs some improvement. Like I mentioned in my review video, the software will be fixed quickly by OnePlus. I will upload some shots here.

Go out with your beloved one or your best friends if there's nice weather outside! Time to test out what you can achieve by using OnePlus 5T’s camera! Try out the Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Capture video in high resolution, Selfies…share your best shot with us!

Day Four: Performance Day.

I am not a huge gamer but I downloaded lots of games on the OnePlus 5T and I ran them consecutively and I was shocked to the see this bad boy not lagging once. Handled all the games I threw at it.

The OnePlus 5T is the most powerful performance Bea5T we’ve ever created. Fast is one of the key words of this handset. Test the Face Unlock feature, open as many apps as you like or play some big games. You tell us just how smooth this phone can be.

Day Five: Dash Charge/Power Consumption Day.

In my average day which consists of consuming media, emailing, and working on my YouTube channel I ended a 15-hour day with 30% battery remaining. The dash charge is super-fast for 0 to 60% but the remainder took a long time (might be a defect?). Here is a video on that:

1 Dash Charge per day keeps your anxiety away. We would like you to test how the battery is consumed under light usage, normal usage (view social media apps, chatting, calling, etc.) and heavy usage (long time gaming or video playing).

Day Six: Oxygens Day.

Sweetest feature was not one but so many things on here. I was able to customize so much on this gorgeous phone from the external buttons to the sweet gestures. Did not encounter any bugs.

Software means a lot to us and our users. What is the sweetest feature to you? Where we can improve? Feel free to let us know everything about Oxygens. And report any bugs to Bug Reports Platform when you meet one.

Day Seven: Conclusion Day!

Loved this phone so much that I did a review for it on my YouTube channel. It is located here. I loved the OnePlus5T but there is still much improvement needed for the 6. When compared to the OnePlus 5 this phone is light years ahead. The design is sleek. The display is big and bright. I was a little upset about the no water resistant but this was a spec and minor design bump than an entire phone upgrade. I will be expecting that in the 6. I recommended this phone to my friends and family. Here is the review:

After 7 days’ experience, it’s time to draw a conclusion! What’s your idea about the OnePlus 5T? What’s the pros and cons? Will you recommend it to your friends? Let us know your thoughts!

13. harshs91
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

harshs91 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Though The Lab reviewers can participate in the 7DayReviewChallenge, they are not eligible to win the prize!

14. harshs91
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

harshs91 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    You are right. It is cleary written in the rules, one thread per participant. Keep updating the thread for every day of the 7 days.

15. MayankBadhan
    Donut Dec 12, 2017

16. MayankBadhan
    Donut Dec 12, 2017

MayankBadhan , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I was not able to upload my images with the review due to the sheer size of the images. So I had to make a second post...hoep thats ok

17. harshs91
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2017

harshs91 , Dec 13, 2017 :
    Multiple posts in the same thread is ok!

18. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 13, 2017

meatandy , Dec 13, 2017 :
    Take a look at this thread , these suggestions will guide you to posting your images.

19. Afzaal.Akram
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2017

20. kamal.kv
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017