[Contest] OnePlus Photo-Mania!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S. OnePlus Europe Staff Member Apr 4, 2014

David S., Apr 4, 2014 :
    cameracontest.jpg

Today we’re announcing a new contest that will show you just how confident we are in our camera. Instead of just posting up professional, touched-up photos like some other companies, we are literally going to put the camera in your hands!

We want to see your camera skills and we want to show the world that our camera really does perform as well as we say that it does. We want to see real photos by real people.

After reviewing all of the original photo submissions, we’re going to send three OnePlus One camera test units out on loan! Each winner will be to experience the new Camera app from CyanogenMod 11S and and share as many authentic pictures as you want taken with the OnePlus One camera on Google+ with the hashtags #Photomania and #OnePlusCamera.

Out of the shared pictures, we will choose some of the best to be featured on our product page. You can take pictures of your home town, a beautiful landscape, or anything else you think the world would like to see.

Later on, each of the three winners will receive a OnePlus One of their own!

How to enter:
    • Upload one photo here to the forum to show off your camera skills
    • Link, in the same post, to your Flickr or other photo space that you use (if you use one)
    Rules & Information:
    • The contest will be open for five days starting at on April 4th at 9:00AM EST (1:00PM GMT) until April 9th at 9:00AM EST (1:00PM GMT)
    • One entry per person (so be sure to pick something nice looking)
    • We want to see real photos for the contest – Not heavily modified
    • Winners will be selected by the OnePlus Team
    • Winners will be required to upload pictures on Google Plus within the reception of the OnePlus One Camera Test Unit
    • Uploaded photos from winners must not be modified
    Prizes:

Three winners will each be loaned a OnePlus One Camera Test Unit that is designed only for camera use. It will not be a fully functional unit, and will have a custom body just for the contest (we can’t give away all of our secrets yet).

After having the test unit for two weeks, winners will return the units to OnePlus. Later on the three winners will receive a fully functional OnePlus One to keep!

Your name, along with some of your photos will be displayed for the world to see on our product page. Be sure share your absolute best photos.

Minimum requirements to enter in this contest:
    • Posting a picture in this thread

Quick FAQ for forumites that don't like to read the rules:
    1. How many pictures can I post? A: Only one
    2. I have processed my picture with Photoshop or any other programs and it doesn't look remotely close to the original one, can I upload it? A: No
    3. I have cropped the original picture and adjusted a bit the brightness (or similar), can I upload it? A: Yes, small enhancements (not filters) are allowed
    4. I try to upload a picture but it says the file is too big, what can I do? A: Go to imgur.com or imageshack.com and upload the picture there, post a smaller version here and link to the original one
    5. I don't use Flickr or 500px or Google +, do I need to post a link to participate in the contest?A: No
    6. I took a picture with a DSLR, can I participate? A: Yes, but keep in mind if you win you'll be using a Camera Testing Unit

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

jlasensiofi, Reus, arof and 72 others like this.
  2. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Apr 4, 2014

3. Klarence Pitoc Honeycomb Apr 4, 2014

4. Deactivated User Apr 4, 2014

Aaron Huffman likes this.
  5. ram gupta Honeycomb Apr 4, 2014

Chinda likes this.
  6. alextdarling Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2014

Elisha Siegelman and yash3339 like this.
  7. Chinda Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2014

8. Sparkolo Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 4, 2014

Sparkolo, Apr 4, 2014 :
    That's a contest I'll like to take part in!! I'm gonna do some new photographs in the next days ;)

superplus and Chinda like this.
  9. fabripav Honeycomb Apr 4, 2014

10. Claudia Gingerbread Apr 4, 2014

11. Deactivated User Apr 4, 2014

12. Imlb Honeycomb Apr 4, 2014

13. infernowheels Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2014

mkordek3 and Paulgillen like this.
  14. Derek Ross Gingerbread Apr 4, 2014

Aaron Huffman likes this.
  15. Luka Froyo Apr 4, 2014

Luka, Apr 4, 2014 :
    Why not :)
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: i think i might have the original file on CD so ill try to upload it in higher resolution.

ragsjv, Paulgillen, Andrew Z and 15 others like this.
  16. sainjoub Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2014

17. Chinda Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2014

Chinda, Apr 4, 2014 :
    Cheers dude

18. D9inho Gingerbread Apr 4, 2014

D9inho, Apr 4, 2014 :
    @ any admins...What's the file size limit for photos? I tried one at 7.8mb but it was too large :(

19. jpswer Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2014

jpswer, Apr 4, 2014 :
    Good luck everyone! Great contest and looking forward to seeing the results.

20. Sony_Black Cupcake Apr 4, 2014

Sony_Black, Apr 4, 2014 :
    Nice Contest. I'm in! :p

Oooops, don't see the start date, will upload it tomorrow again :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014