[Contest] OnePlus Photo-Mania!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Z Honeycomb Apr 10, 2014

Martin Z, Apr 10, 2014 :
    This is going to be hard for the judges!
    What will they be looking for? Originality? Composition? Repeatability?
    Or maybe something that's already a good picture for their product page?

What do you think and what would your criteria be?

2. Patrick Eclair Apr 10, 2014

Patrick, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Just want to say good luck to everyone! It's been fun browsing thorough all the photos.

sntarque likes this.
  3. onemobile Cupcake Apr 10, 2014

onemobile, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Buddy Upload a pic captured with your camera phone.

4. aspire Froyo Apr 10, 2014

aspire, Apr 10, 2014 :
    If you are experience it's not really that hard

1st one plus one is a smartphone so priority should be given to photos posted taken by a smartphone.

2nd originality if you read the rules the photos posted using the loan device photo cannot be modified so in this competition photos that not edited should be given priority.

3rd composition, detail and sharpness of the image.

4th choose from each category such as close up, portrait, low light photography and landscape for each winner so the expert from each category capable to show the best of the one plus one camera.

Just my opinion on how to narrow down to the best candidate for the winners

Hige, sntarque, tadas86 and 3 others like this.
  5. dmo Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2014

dmo, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Why? I love photography. If I can I'll take photos on my DSLR on vacation or whenever I can, but I'll take photos with my smartphone too.

D9inho and DropTheSlurpy like this.
  6. Vinay S P Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2014

Vinay S P, Apr 10, 2014 :
    hope the camera app is similar and advanced version of focal app.
    It's easy n simple.

Whoever wins this post the pics/screenshots of the camera app.

7. Apogee Gingerbread Apr 10, 2014

Apogee, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Umm... See the problem with this is that not everyone has a nice camera on their phone. Software matters more than people realize. If you compare the HTC One using stock Sense to the HTC One using the Cyanogen camera, you'll notice a huge degradation in the performance and processing of the picture. I say this because I used to have a One and the camera after I flashed Cyanogen was disappointing to say the least since the images were just processed differently. With that said, if phone pics were given priority it would then give an advantage to people with a nicer smartphone. I see that you had the nicer Nokia smartphone cameras which are without a doubt some of the best sensors and lenses on a smartphone.

I understand phoneography is a big deal when it comes to this contest, however it should be a matter of the images quality in my opinion. A photographer may be using a DSLR for the contest, but the photographer's IQ for image composition, manual settings, and adjustments don't change just because it's on a phone. Now, granted, not everyone has a nice camera either, but chances are, most people have a nicer point and shoot or DSLR than their phone's camera.

I guess I am just rambling at this point, but composition and quality should matter the most in a photography competition. More so composition because it takes away the camera advantage. Smartphone or DSLR.

Also, we shouldn't just base a person's body of work on one photo. If they are really looking for the best photographer, they should look at their Flickr/500px/VSCO/Instagram links as well. Most photographers have huge bodies of work on their links which should be accounted as it shows the experience almost like a resume of a contestant.

8. linas_ltu Froyo Apr 10, 2014

linas_ltu, Apr 10, 2014 :
    This is an amazing contest. I love how OnePlus team involves the community and it will let them improve the camera in every possible way. The camera hardware on this phone is one of the best, what is left is to make a proper software implementation and I am pretty sure it will work out good.

9. adiarfanmikhail Cupcake Apr 10, 2014

10. adiarfanmikhail Cupcake Apr 10, 2014

11. lvpl Honeycomb Apr 10, 2014

lvpl, Apr 10, 2014 :
    The contest is not over yet ? :D

When the results will be announced ? :p

12. Hige Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 10, 2014

Hige, Apr 10, 2014 :
    OnePlus answered someone that they will annouce the winners today.. :eek:

Damiano Tancredi likes this.
  13. Pedro Peguero Jr. Gingerbread Apr 10, 2014

14. Hige Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 10, 2014

Hige, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Do you really believe that they will make it today?

there are so many entries.. :eek:

15. Pedro Peguero Jr. Gingerbread Apr 10, 2014

Pedro Peguero Jr., Apr 10, 2014 :
    Judging from yesterday, I was checking up on the admins activities and they have been going through the thread the entire day. My bet is that yesterday they got all the photos and literally locked themselves up in a room lol.

Even though it was a lot of submissions , there are still 3 winners, which is much easier than 1. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Also, you can weed a lot of photos in here. They could easily be like "OK guys, I want you to cover pages x-y and you to cover a-b and pick the best photo on that 1 page." Immediately your left with about 60 photos lol

16. Hige Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 10, 2014

Hige, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Ok, i didn't noticed that activity, well observed sir!

and yes, i'm with you, you can easily end up with a dozen or so 'winning' pictures..
    and with those check the galleries and take last considerations for the final 3..

my bet is that there will be more than 3 winners!

aspire, Chinda and Pedro Peguero Jr. like this.
  17. mydragoon Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2014

mydragoon, Apr 10, 2014 :
    not surprised if they have been cataloging the entries daily and asking the way, marked potential winners.

aspire likes this.
  18. DropTheSlurpy Cupcake Apr 10, 2014

19. Hige Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 10, 2014

Hige, Apr 10, 2014 :
    Yap, as usual, 9am EST.. they almost always announce big things at that time ;)

20. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 10, 2014