[CONTEST] Phone Smash - 100 OnePlus One Up For Grabs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justyfier
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

justyfier , Apr 25, 2014 :
    @Pete @Carl @David S. don't you think its time to interact with us and put our concern to ease and tell why you were so misleading about the dimensions. Anything is better and just ignoring the problem. I thought you figured that out by now ( band 20, countdown contest,....)

2. nik_pa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

nik_pa , Apr 25, 2014 :
    It was always only going to be open to the launch countries, that should have been obvious.

Of course they only want you to smash a relatively recent flagship better advertising than having people smash ancient flip phones.

The contest includes a waiver of liability so suing is iffy plus they're a Chinese company so there's a jurisdiction issue.

@Carl, @David S. , @Emmanuel and OP just announce release information like you've done for China already.

3. RedhatOnePlus
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

4. Luminary
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

Luminary , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I have such a question: I am from a country wich not in the list of release countries, however I have friends for example in Finland (it is in the list). Can I take a part in this contest if I choose a delivery address somethere in Finland?

5. kutinho
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

kutinho , Apr 25, 2014 :
    No Hungary in the list and why on earth would i smash my 400-500-600 EUR device for getting an 300 EUR device?

Sylverboy02 likes this.
  6. t3k1lla
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

t3k1lla , Apr 25, 2014 :
    It's clear written ton wait to destroy your phone that opo crew confirm you win the opo and 3 invitations

7. P84
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

kutinho, davew and navidplusone like this.
  8. Skono02
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

Skono02 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Hi Guy,
    I was waiting for this phone since a long time...
    Since two days, I was completely excited about those invites.
    They said, you will know everything the 23 April.
    Then, on the 23 April, the contest will start the 25 April, just enter your email address and you will maybe get one to smash your smartphone and get a oneplus one fit 1$.

Finally, arrives that moment... and they says, after two days of horrible waiting (curiosity, I hate you!!!), that you can only take part to that if you have an new fresh smartphone and for that, you must wait more than a week encore...
    So, my question is ; how do you feel right now guys? Because I'm feeling bad to be treaty like a pigeon.

I think I will show the last big "F U C K you" I have in reserve to that company =)

Thanks you all guys. To people who will wait till the end for that phone, I want to say I understand because it's seems to be a really good phone and I wish them Good luck for the waiting! To the others, I want to say you're right to get out of here.

davew and kivkiv like this.
  9. 2Track
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

2Track , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Well if you want one "high-end" phone worth of 269€ for 1$ you can expect a high sacrifice as an addition. So okay its marketing and will surely get publicity, so just smash your working phone and not just a dummy or a broken phone in order to get your One+ it won't make you love your One+ more I guess if you don't take worth of your current phone.

There were some entries in this forum, like the one who smashed his HTC One M7, which his mother worked hard for his son, in order to buy him his phone, that he just smashed before the contest even begin. Maybe try to get something back from the insurance with a fraud invoice?

What shall I expect from the buyers of this phone? What brand position want One+ to gain from this? Who are the typical buyer of this brand/ phone? More importantly do I want to be one of them? The invitation system is already something like branding a special group of persons, that not everyone can enter.

The important point, even though the specs are known, we still don't exactly know how the phone actually perform. Just because you know how high, flexible, good looking, powerful a person is, you still don't know if you like to work with him/her or the performance is.

navidplusone and kivkiv like this.
  10. Jccybergen85
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

Jccybergen85 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    They dont want you. Why would you want them? I know that you are better than that

11. 404.php
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

404.php , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I was going to smash my Nexus 5, but I just realized that the One is too big. I'm already having trouble with the 5 on my hand. So #nothanks #imout #notworthit #meow

12. MrG
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

MrG , Apr 25, 2014 :
    This "contest" is going to be a PR nightmare. OnePlus did not think this through. Aside from the many dangers of smashing a live cellular phone, OnePlus "reserves the right to disqualify any video submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion".

There was no need to get cute with this promo. A standard 100 phone giveaway would better serve their marketing efforts.

davew and kivkiv like this.
  13. GuNs
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

14. faisalv

faisalv , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Lol This reminds me of the movie Saw.

Good Luck Dude. Hope u get chosen.

15. akh.chan
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

akh.chan , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Inappropriate choice, what we don't need is even more pollution. Just get people to send their phone in and shame the other phone companies by making a welcoming mat out of it or something

16. likebutta

likebutta , Apr 25, 2014 :
    So curiously, I looked at the list of phones. Basically, they want you to smash your current flagship or close to it phone, which you can probably sell and be more environmentally responsible while accruing the funds necessary from the sale to actually buy a OnePlus in most cases.

And all this for a 16GB OnePlus One.

I'm sorry OnePlus but this is a big swing and a miss and the bat someone came around again and hit you in the face.

davew likes this.
  17. Deactivated User
    Apr 25, 2014

18. apuchae
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

apuchae , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Mira si es viejo mi telefono que no esta en la lista para ser roto. aun asi espero ser elegido o que me invite uno de los elegidos
    See if my old phone that is not on the list to be broken. even so I hope to be elected or invite me one of the chosen

19. sc0rch3d
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

sc0rch3d , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I don't really want the phone...but gladly willing to smash my Moto X (obtained for 99 USD) to pay $1 for this one & get 15 seconds of fame.

Chinda likes this.
  20. Mat
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

Mat , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Lol, if all the smartphones have blood... :p i can't imagine how the world here now.

Thanks for your support :)